best ICS ROM for A500 ?

Search This thread

ipguy

May 8, 2007
hi all

whats the best, smoothest, ICS rom for the A500 ?
I'm after the best stock ICS experience, no fancy addon etc.
I want speed !!!!
I want smoothness !!!

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
go to the dev section , what your asking is for 2 totally different things but you want a stock , go to icyliscious!

OffcerClancy

Jun 6, 2011
Even better, go to the Dev forum and do a search on your question. It's asked at least twice a day and you should find an answer.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
hi all

whats the best, smoothest, ICS rom for the A500 ?
I'm after the best stock ICS experience, no fancy addon etc.
I want speed !!!!
I want smoothness !!!

Well, then, you will want to wait till an official ICS is released.

If you bother to read, you will see, they are "leaked" versions. AKA Beta.

But if you want some advice, and you want the least amount of issues, well, Icylecious. So far, his seems to be somewhat trouble free.

If you want some extra eye candy, and tons of scripts that does who knows what, well, you can try Flexreeper. Some folks like it.

But don't come crying back when your CWM Recovery gets fubarred, along with the backup images.

It's all Beta, and anything can happen, ;)

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
my advice would be that if you really have to ask . You really should wait for Acer to push the OTA. not knowing your background / flashing and tech abilities.
But i would totally agree with MOSCOW .

Nothing personal if you are experienced in flashing and can handle a disaster. flash them all and see what you like best..

GOOD LUCK..

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011

But if you want some advice, and you want the least amount of issues, well, Icylecious. So far, his seems to be somewhat trouble free.

If you want some extra eye candy, and tons of scripts that does who knows what, well, you can try Flexreeper. Some folks like it.

But don't come crying back when your CWM Recovery gets fubarred, along with the backup images.

Sorry to tell but Icylecious is a little outdated , not compaired to 0.014 , 0.022 but compaired to 1.031.00 got some good improvements like better touch screen response in games like shadow gun is now working (where with previous leaks it wasn't)and better camera.

Tons of scripts ?
Not only extra eye-candy , ring , development settings , extra widgets , tweaked kernel , etc ...................
Some like it ? 232207 hits is not some.
Oh and it's flexreaper .

Last edited:
Reactions: erica_renee

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
I havent used icyliscious ,I just know KJ and his stuff is usally stable , and if you dont know what your doing he can show you exactly what to do to flash , now with that said ,I have been using Civatos flexreaper since he opened the leaked rom ,never had a failure , glitches ,sure its a leaked rom ,so you really dont know what your gonna get, but it sure is fast! Also running Amon Ra , never haver had a problem there either ,Ive gone back to HC twice , no problems , but I'll stick with flex for now!

The best advice is to go over to the dev section and READ!! Read everything and if you want to try something , most of the guys cooking roms will help ya (if they have the time)!

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
Sorry to tell but Icylecious is a little outdated , not compaired to 0.014 , 0.022 but compaired to 1.031.00 got some good improvements like better touch screen response in games like shadow gun is now working (where with previous leaks it wasn't)and better camera.

Tons of scripts ?
Not only extra eye-candy , ring , development settings , extra widgets , tweaked kernel , etc ...................
Oh and it's flexreaper .

WOW . Im a few versions behind. Been slacking with spring cleaning and yard work.I will catch up this weekend . :p

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
my gps is working ,but I must admit its not its not anything I really care about ,my acer is basically for fun and testing stuff , I got so many other gadgets its just hard to keep up , but the a500 is the funnest!

willski

Feb 6, 2011
anything wrong with Taboonay? i flashed it a couple of days ago, and its running awesome - aside from SOD, which seems to have been fixed by flashing the sod-fix going around, its been flawless.

TrdLtly

Jan 24, 2008
Dubuque, IA
I tried the Taboonay and couldn't get the GPS to work even the patch. Other than that it was fast and smooth. Moving on to Lightspeed 4.4.

jodiac

May 30, 2011
Dhaka
anything wrong with Taboonay? i flashed it a couple of days ago, and its running awesome - aside from SOD, which seems to have been fixed by flashing the sod-fix going around, its been flawless.
After SOD fix update the stock camera effect doesn't seem to work anymore, FCes everytime I try to turn them on.

Pudex

Apr 8, 2012
I've Been using flexreaper v11 for a week now.. It's very smooth and stable. Backcamera turned to Rainbows, but it dont REALLY care because i don't use it anyways.

fcmugen

Nov 4, 2010
I'm running Thor's icsrom v158. Absolutely love it as it sticks to the stock android with customizations. No Acer ring, no bloatware just android.

drkalo

Jul 13, 2009
Sofia
I'm running Thor's icsrom v158. Absolutely love it as it sticks to the stock android with customizations. No Acer ring, no bloatware just android.
Dear fcmugen, I don't think there's anything stock in a CM9 ROM with tweaked framework and a custom overclockable kernel. So it's faaaaar from "stock" Android :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tons of scripts ?
    Oh and it's flexreaper .