The worst AMOLED screen in the world

Search This thread

ygvuhb

Jul 13, 2010
5J6YjsN.jpg

My screen (1 year) got so much lines on it

Even My Gs2 (1 year 9 months)'s amoled screen is better than that

Is it the normal amoled pentile technology?

retskrad

Oct 7, 2010
5J6YjsN.jpg

My screen (1 year) got so much lines on it

Even My Gs2 (1 year 9 months)'s amoled screen is better than that

Is it the normal amoled pentile technology?

Yeah, thats how it is all the time on my Galaxy nexus too,. I always have like 20% brightness and when you are in a dark room, you see the lines all the time and its annoying.

i don't know about nexus 4, Google has a bad track record of good displays. and not accurate color temperatures.

Bruce777

Jul 16, 2010
When I first got my gnex I kept the brightness really low. Then I thought to myself, "I bought a nice phone; it has a REALLY nice screen when the brightness is turned up all the way...why keep it low?".

Since then it's on FULL brightness and I've never looked back! Takes a couple of days for you to get used to the brightness though :^) (Yes I know it decreases battery life but it's worth it -- give it a try).

ygvuhb

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah, thats how it is all the time on my Galaxy nexus too,. I always have like 20% brightness and when you are in a dark room, you see the lines all the time and its annoying.

i don't know about nexus 4, Google has a bad track record of good displays. and not accurate color temperatures.
The Lines become much more obvious in this month

I always use only 10% brightness, hope the oled's decay slower
but the finally results is so disappointed

lawman21c

Oct 8, 2011
My Verizon CDMA galaxy nexus has same screen problem like yours. I think Samsung's amoled is not a mature product. My next mobile phone's screen must not be amoled.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Winesnob

May 20, 2012
Lorton, VA
Yeah, every app I run that gives me a plain white screen to look at really brings out the flaws in this device.

I have 20/15 vision, and have NEVER noticed this. If you try hard enough, you will find flaws in everything you come into contact with. Good luck with your search for the perfect phone.

slimdizzy

Sep 2, 2008
Yeah, every app I run that gives me a plain white screen to look at really brings out the flaws in this device.

I have 20/15 vision, and have NEVER noticed this. If you try hard enough, you will find flaws in everything you come into contact with. Good luck with your search for the perfect phone.

This.

finbaar

Apr 1, 2011
People don't have the screen on 100%? Why? Every phone I have ever had has been on full brightness.

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
I keep mine at a solid 50% brightness, seems to work for most situations and also looks great. I've also tweaked the colors slightly to change it from a warm image to a cool image.

No flaws on white screens at all, around 8 months of ownership.

Reactions: happyhour13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

anyone replaced the screen?

yep I swapped it out with a retina display I cut down from a ipad, problem solved

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    People don't have the screen on 100%? Why? Every phone I have ever had has been on full brightness.

It's annoying and auto brightness FTW
    Mine is always on 50% and I'm using a dark theme. It looks pretty good.
    I keep mine at a solid 50% brightness, seems to work for most situations and also looks great. I've also tweaked the colors slightly to change it from a warm image to a cool image.

No flaws on white screens at all, around 8 months of ownership.