[Q] Upgrade from ics to kitkat

Search This thread

rap0307

Apr 30, 2013
had kept my arc for quite a while now but still on ics [ultimate HD rom] thought maybe its time to upgrade to kitkat now so

can i clean flash any kitkat rom directly or do i need to flash any jellybean or kitkat base rom first?

@BoW@

Apr 27, 2012
had kept my arc for quite a while now but still on ics [ultimate HD rom] thought maybe its time to upgrade to kitkat now so

can i clean flash any kitkat rom directly or do i need to flash any jellybean or kitkat base rom first?

No, you don't need to do this, only flash a kitkat kernel ( always the recommended kernel in the rom zip), do the proper cleaning ( clean partition cache , dalvik, format system ) and then flash a kitkat rom . Obviously you can do this ONLY if you have an unlocked bootloader.

bejunk

May 9, 2013
Berlin

make sure you read the proper installaiton process on ROMS development thread. some roms require some steps (like legacy xperia the formatiation, NOT WIPE! of cache/data & system) :eek: good luck!