[18/06/2012][ROM]photonic CM 7.2 - 2.6.35

Search This thread

baggino

Jan 28, 2011
we are die-hard ....... you can find 10 seconds to tell if we are to expect a new rom?

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
we are die-hard ....... you can find 10 seconds to tell if we are to expect a new rom?

Ha, ha, lol, die-hard
c03e469e0edcda69a7dfb1fc734a2c04_3018.gif
3851246.gif
Arsch%20versohlen.gif

prohibeat

Jan 29, 2008
hey guys. all development effort has been abandoned by all parties long ago. waiting is over. nothing to see here. it's the time to buy a new phone and bury HD mini in a graveyard. it was fun and we got all we could get.

btw. who would still use 3 years old handset? even if you got it in 2011 the 2 year contract is over and you should have a chance to get better smartphone for peanuts.

btw. don't buy Sony Xperia S because official JB is bugged and aosp/cm 4.2.2 is still in development. Try to get youngest model possible because there will be more updates even if hardware specs are weaker than in older models.

good luck guys and bye to HD mini forums.

hervax

Oct 9, 2008
Hi everyone!

It's true HD MINI is quite old, but it still works great for me. Schlund's efforts were immense, and we all appreciated his work. I now run on Phonerty CM9.1 (ICS 4.0.4) on my HTC and it works great!

Best regards and long life to our HD MINIs!!!

RV.

peter08po

Mar 13, 2011
Hong Kong
goodbye and good luck to hd mini users ;)
i've bought new iphone and my hd mini is retired :cool:
hope all of you could have a perfect android one day :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photonic CM 7.2

What is Photonic ?

Photonic is a unofficial port of Cyanogenmod, almost AOSP Version 2.3.7 - photonic kernel 2.6.35 Changes are minimal, sources are open. For further information visit github or official Cyanogenmod on the web!

Sources are written to support NAND Boot (a replacement of Winmobile ROM incl. bootloader & recovery system) and SD-CARD Boot (classic boot from winmobile via haret)

- Current Status -

bugged/not working:
    these will be fixed in later releases

• HQ/HD Video Playback
    • Video Recording
    • Audio via Bluetooth
    • FM Radio (Neither Headset nor Speaker)
    • Headset Stereo

what should be fixed before next release:
    when list is finished next release will be uploaded

• Battery driver (started but not finished)

History
    18/06/12 - r10

• Bootloader with new Partition-layout: Increases Phone Storage Size DONE!
    • Cut screen DONE! by derefas
    • update to latest official CM7 sources
    • ARM11 not going to suspend and causing battery drain DONE!
    • WIFI Stability and Tethering DONE!

23/01/12

• Rewritten wifi_nvs driver to get device specific calibration data and real mac address on NAND DONE!
    • GPS driver DONE!
    • Hundrets of lines of unlisted fixes like several clock, dsp, audio, data transfer, wifi, bt and code fixes DONE!

downloads:
    (feel free to link to the downloads, but please DO NOT MIRROR! If you're having problems with downloading the files ASK ME!)

NAND-Boot:

1. Files for SD-Card - (needed to boot into fastboot to flash lk for the first time)
    2. Files for PC - (contains new bootloader&recovery, fastboot and drivers)
    3. Update.zip file - (is the main build file)
    3. latest GAPPS - (Google Apps like Market etc.)
    SD-Boot:
    not updated to r10, yet

EXPERIMENTAL UPDATES:

- Credits -
    cotulla - for his initial 2.6.29 kernel port
    Alexander Tarasikov - for his initial lkbootloader
    the whole xda-photon people for the common project

- Disclaimer -
    This product is free to use at your own risk. We take no
    responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by
    this unlocking procedure. No warranties, implied or otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product.
    No problems were found while testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.
    Instructions for a clean! Installation: NAND-BOOT
    This procedure will wipe all your data! So backup your content before you continue!

STEP 1: Installing LK Bootloader & Recovery
    (If you have already installed a NAND version, you can skip the haret boot part, but it is very important to flash the new bootloader from lk-photonic-pc-r10.rar!! It contains important changes for wifi calibration!)
    1. Download all files for NAND (see downloads)
    2. Extract lk-photonic-pc-r10.rar to somewhere on your PC
    3. Copy cm-7-20120618-UNOFFICIAL-photonic-r10.zip, the GAPPS file and the content of lk-photonic-sd.rar archive to the root of your sdcard and run HaRET from your device
    4. The device should boot to the fastboot prompt. Connect the USB cable
    5. If your connecting your phone for the first time to your pc you may have to install drivers from the folder you have just extracted.(See also here) You can see it in your windows notification bar if you were sucessful. Be sure to have already run haret and already being in fastboot console on the device when installing drivers! If you are sill having problems to connect to the device via fastboot try installing HTC Sync (from htc website)
    6. Enter the Fastboot-folder on your pc (the one you have extracted) and run start-photonic.bat
    7. Choose Option "1" to flash Bootloader AND Recovery. The Batchfile will lead you. (Choosing CWM Recovery is recommended)
    8. If everything went fine choose Option "4" to reboot your deivce, now on HTC Bootscreen press and hold "Volume up" until you have entered the Recovery

STEP 2: Installing the build
    (Once entered CWM Recovery you can control the menu with vol-up and down buttons, power button=enter)
    1. First, go to "mounts and storage"-menu and Unmount any partitions that can be unmounted (most likely, cache)
    2. Next, in "mounts and storage"-menu, format System, Data, Cache and Boot partitions
    3. Next, go to recovery main menu and select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sd card
    4. Choose the cm-7-20120618-UNOFFICIAL-photonic-r10.zip
    5. Once done do the same to install GAPPS
    6. Select reboot system now
    7. Get some coffee and wait for the device to finish the first boot
    8. Hopefully your are done now and should see the setup wizard!
    9. Feel free to remove any of the files from SD-Card now, they are not needed anymore

Instructions to UPDATE from a previous Photonic Release
    This should keep your old photonic data
    These Instructions are related to the previous one!
    1. DOWNLOAD cm-7-20120618-UNOFFICIAL-photonic-r10.zip, GAPPS and lk-photonic-pc-r10.rar
    2. Extract lk-photonic-pc-r10.rar to somewhere on your PC
    3. COPY the update-zip and GAPPS to your SD-CARD
    4. Boot into CWM Recovery: While in Android press and hold "Power" Button, choose "Restart", then choose "Recovery". Device will reboot in Recovery now. You can also simply boot up the device and hold "Volume up" button when HTC logo appears.
    5. Choose Option "Backup and Restore" and let it do a full Backup.
    6. Reboot the device and press "Volume down" to enter Fastboot mode
    7. Run start-photonic.bat on your PC from the folder you have it extracted to
    8. Choose Option "1" and install new Bootloader and Recovery and follow instructions
    9. When finished reboot and enter Recovery again with holding "Volume up" when HTC logo appears
    10. Format boot, cache, system and data partition im "mounts & storage"
    11. choose "backup and restore" again, but NOW you restore your previously saved backup!
    12. Next, go to recovery main menu and select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sd card
    13. Choose the cm-7-20120618-UNOFFICIAL-photonic-r10.zip
    14. Once done do the same to install GAPPS
    15. Reboot the phone and be happy with the Update!

Installation Instructions for SD-BOOT

1. Download file for SD-Boot (see downloads)
    2. Copy the content of the archive to the root of your sd-card
    3. Run Haret from your device
    4. After several minutes(up to 10 minutes, screen looks like freezed!) CM7.2 Splashscreen should appear and some minutes later you should see the Setup Wizard!
    5. Give it some minutes then to finish installations in backround before you continue

How to go back to WinMobile NAND-BOOT

1. Download official Stock ROM for your device from HTC Site. Take care of the language and provider brandings! It will only one work for your phone! If you have really no idea which one to take you can contact their support, they will help you!
    2. Start the Utility you have just downloaded
    3. Be sure to have enough battery power, at least 50% !!
    4. Unplug/Plug battery of your phone, press and hold! Volume down then press power button
    5. You should have entered 3-Color Screen now, plug the phone with your computer and start the tool! wait for the progress beeing done

If you are having problems with connection while flashing do it this way!
    Version tracking and Following EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS
    You may have noticed that i added some version tracking:

The "-rX" in the filenames show the growing release number (Example: -r10)
    I removed ROM Manager and added GooManager instead, you can browse the files on the phone, checkout and install experimental updates etc. It will also let you know if there is an update!

In the "Photonic" Folder there are two other folders: EXPERIMENTAL and RELEASE
    RELEASE is thought to be main, most stable and tested version, that most people should use. Experimental updates will only be included after heavy testing there
    EXPERIMENTAL is the storage for brand new tests on kernel and the android build, i will write the changes to the changelogs for the files so you can decide if you want to test it

In most cases its "safe" to install experimental updates, feedback to them (using this forum thread) can really help me with developement.
    People that did hard to install the Photonic Release itsself should not try to test them.

When having problems with the drivers
    To install the Android USB driver on Windows 7 for the first time:

1. Connect your device to your computer's USB port.
    2. Right-click on Computer from your desktop or Windows Explorer, and select Manage.
    3. Select Devices in the left pane.
    4. Locate and expand Other device in the right pane.
    5. Right-click the device name and select Update Driver Software. This will launch the Hardware Update Wizard.
    6. Select Browse my computer for driver software and click Next.
    7. Click Browse and locate the USB driver folder.
    8. Click Next to install the driver.

To install the Android USB driver on Windows XP for the first time:
    1. Connect your device to your computer's USB port. Windows will detect the device and launch the Hardware Update Wizard.
    2. Select Install from a list or specific location and click Next.
    3. Select Search for the best driver in these locations; un-check Search removable media; and check Include this location in the search.
    4. Click Browse and locate the USB driver folder.
    5. Click Next to install the driver.
    the "liberated" image is ready, i have spent my spare time from the last weeks with it, to see if its worth finding a way to do it.

Now i am at a point where i can say: Yes it is possible!

for explanation how it works:

we have 2 cores in our chipset, with each running a system on it.
    Arm9 core, running iguana rtos, that you do not notice as casual user, and
    Arm11 core, that is running wm/android, all the stuff you see on your display

system is going up with 2 generic bootloaders by qualcomm, that bring up the hardware, first thing that happens, done by htc is "oemsbl" bootloader, running on arm9. that one loads amss (iguana) from nand to ram on arm9,it is doing everything with the modem and phone i.e.. amss is running on nand in a special efs partition. (we can not overwrite this one while the device is running, but we also dont need to). oemsbl also inits appspl (our SPL-Bootloader) on arm11. since here arm9 and arm11 have several interfaces to communicate with each other. we are lucky, most things are done via shared memory. SPL (appspl) starts the os then.

so, what we want to do is flashing a different appspl, oemsbl and amss now, also we have to change the layout of htc partition.

is that possible? YES
    we are lucky, the partitionlayout of these partitions are the same, so once they are loaded from nand to memory (except efs) we can change them while system is running.

of course, this is a very risky procedure, as it is always when flashing spl and radio but its possible.

what holds me back now ? the parts on nand we want to overwrite are locked. its my job now to find a way to unlock them, but the people that are involved in my work know, i am having good progress and i am very close ;)

when will there be a release ? thats hard to say, ones unlocked, theres not much to do anymore, have to write a flash tool for DAU's, an other tool for copying your serials, imei's & mac's is already finished. also the first 2 android versions are finished now.

will it be a "real" aria ? It will tell you so, but it's not. there are minor hardware differences that i had to fix in kernel & systems. but in general its possible to boot every aria release (with several things not working)

are there any bugs left ? NO
    hey guys, sorry for the missing status update;

i have decided to do some test before posting my status with battery driver. but happily the last test isnt over yet, waiting for the battery beeing empty since 50h now!

well, i think the test will take about 10 more hours, but i will post the detailed results then :)