Sprint LS995 G Flex Hot Spot Hack "NOW WITH WORKING 3G TETHER"

Search This thread

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
This is how to enable free hotspot on the sprint variant of the G flex. Keep in mind this could brick your device. I do not even recommend doing it until we have a custom recovery available. However with that said I have provided the .tot and .dll files for all to use with the lg flash tool. So if you do have any problems hopefully you all can use the LG flash tool to return to stock. I have tested this and it does work.

steps to get free Factory Native Hot Spot:

1. Download this https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6HYWZRx8JLsSTRzUm1kZVM4QW8&usp=sharing

2. Extract the file you just downloaded

3. If you didn't download it from your phone, then place the two files on your internal storage of your phone

4. Install a file explorer like Root Explorer that allows you to access the root of your system and allows you to edit factory framework files and apks.

5. Open the Root Explorer or whatever File explorer you are using and navigate to the internal storage and copy the Services.jar and Services.odex that you extracted from the zip above.

6. Navigate to Root and go to /System, then Choose the Framework folder. Make sure the system is mounted R/W

7. Now hit paste.Hit overwrite existing files. Once the two files are pasted, change the permissions so that they match the other framework file permissions.

8. Reboot your device.

9. If your device boots back up fine you are set to go.

Note: This mod only works if the phone has LTE or Ehrpd service. It is also known that sometimes you have to reboot the device to get tether to work properly again if Data stops being transmitted.

Once again, I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. This can very easily brick your device if not done correctly. This is a chance you the user are taking.

As soon as we have a custom recovery, I will make this into a flashable zip for all to use.

Thank you to MetalBoy94 for figuring this out on the LG G2.

I have now fixed all the problems with the tether. It now works on 3g. The new link is in the steps now.

Last edited:

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
Just messed up my phone. Having to restore it now. I need someone with a at&t flex who knows how to deodex and odex

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is how to enable free hotspot on the sprint variant of the G flex. Keep in mind this could brick your device. I do not even recommend doing it until we have a custom recovery available. However with that said I have provided the .tot and .dll files for all to use with the lg flash tool. So if you do have any problems hopefully you all can use the LG flash tool to return to stock. I have tested this and it does work.

steps to get free Factory Native Hot Spot:

1. Download this https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6HYWZRx8JLsSTRzUm1kZVM4QW8&usp=sharing

2. Extract the file you just downloaded

3. If you didn't download it from your phone, then place the two files on your internal storage of your phone

4. Install a file explorer like Root Explorer that allows you to access the root of your system and allows you to edit factory framework files and apks.

5. Open the Root Explorer or whatever File explorer you are using and navigate to the internal storage and copy the Services.jar and Services.odex that you extracted from the zip above.

6. Navigate to Root and go to /System, then Choose the Framework folder. Make sure the system is mounted R/W

7. Now hit paste.Hit overwrite existing files. Once the two files are pasted, change the permissions so that they match the other framework file permissions.

8. Reboot your device.

9. If your device boots back up fine you are set to go.

Note: This mod only works if the phone has LTE or Ehrpd service. It is also known that sometimes you have to reboot the device to get tether to work properly again if Data stops being transmitted.

Once again, I am not responsible for anything you do to your phone. This can very easily brick your device if not done correctly. This is a chance you the user are taking.

As soon as we have a custom recovery, I will make this into a flashable zip for all to use.

Thank you to MetalBoy94 for figuring this out on the LG G2.

I have now fixed all the problems with the tether. It now works on 3g. The new link is in the steps now.
    Sorry, was busy for mother's day. Get one out tonight

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Any idea how to do this on the Kit Kat ZV6 version yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I'll make one tomorrow for you.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Disregard guys, it's not working anymore. It worked all last night, and now it's not. Sorry, I'll keep working on it

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Glad to see you over here viperboy.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app