[guide/How-To] Disable Verizon CD Installer

Search This thread

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
This is based on Verizon S4 Android 4.4.2 NC5 Deodexed. This was a group effort by Versatile1 and myself, please don't forget to thank Versatile1.

First thing you need to do is have a current Nandroid or backup. Then grab your services.jar from /system/framework.

Decompile with APKTOOL of your choice.

First step is to edit /smali/com/android/server/usb/UsbDeviceManager$UsbHandler.smali

Look For: 2 instances of "const v6, 0x1040739" and change to "const v6, 0x1040737"

Then edit /smali/com/android/server/KiesConnectivity/KiesUsbManager.smali

Look for: 1 instance of "const-wide/16 v2, 0x7530" and change to "const-wide/16 v2, 0x0"

That's it. Compile and Enjoy!!!

If you want to use this in your ROM please don't forget to give credit to Versatile1 and myself.

Do not re-post our work!!! If you have questions or need this Mod on another phone just ask in a post!!!

Please don't forget to hit THANKS!!!

Last edited:

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
So what exactly does this do? Sorry, I'm just not familiar.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

I know u mention it in the title, just don't see any kind of description in the OP

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Show Low

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

I know u mention it in the title, just don't see any kind of description in the OP

When you plug your phone into a computer via USB you get connected as installer and have to wait about 30 seconds before connected as MTP so you can transfer files. This disables the connected as installer and takes you straight to MTP.

Reactions: reggie cheeks

ecen92

Jun 10, 2013
Used on NC5

I found this to be easier and has worked great though the versions release by VZW, so in that aspect your mileage may vary

1. enable hidden menus (step 2) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2303905
a) Change the contents of /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu from OFF to ON
b) Try it out! Go to the phone dialer and enter *#06# (show MEID) as a test.
2. enter dialer code *#0808#
3. select MTP+ADB
4. reboot (may not be necessary)

EMSpilot

May 31, 2012
Show Low
I found this to be easier and has worked great though the versions release by VZW, so in that aspect your mileage may vary

1. enable hidden menus (step 2) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2303905
a) Change the contents of /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu from OFF to ON
b) Try it out! Go to the phone dialer and enter *#06# (show MEID) as a test.
2. enter dialer code *#0808#
3. select MTP+ADB
4. reboot (may not be necessary)

This does not stick on reboot.

Speedy Danny

Feb 20, 2015
This is based on Verizon S4 Android 4.4.2 NC5 Deodexed. This was a group effort by Versatile1 and myself, please don't forget to thank Versatile1.

First thing you need to do is have a current Nandroid or backup. Then grab your services.jar from /system/framework.

First step is to edit /smali/com/android/server/usb/UsbDeviceManager$UsbHandler.smali

Look For: 2 instances of "const v6, 0x1040739" and change to "const v6, 0x1040737"

Look for: 1 instance of "const-wide/16 v2, 0x7530" and change to "const-wide/16 v2, 0x0"

If you want to use this in your ROM please don't forget to give credit to Versatile1 and myself.

Do not re-post our work!!! If you have questions or need this Mod on another phone just ask in a post!!!

Do you have something for htc one m7 international? (cd drive it's pretty annoying...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When you plug your phone into a computer via USB you get connected as installer and have to wait about 30 seconds before connected as MTP so you can transfer files. This disables the connected as installer and takes you straight to MTP.