[FAQ] OxygeN + Tips!

Search This thread

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
Oxygen Forums has moved to http://forum.oxygen.im/

This is the FAQ for the ROM Oxygen Produced by AdamG.
oxygenwallpaper2.jpg

Hello all,

This is going to be the new place to ask for help and receive answers to your most challenging questions about Oxygen.

I have taken the time to make this FAQ for you all so we can try and keep a lid on the countless Questions being asked again and again in the thread, inevitability getting lost in translation and posts.

Please Continue!

Basics First!

New to Rom's, Flashing and developing in general?

Start here

Then here

Turkeys Ultimate guide to root

Recent Changes Oxygen 2.1.3

Features
  • Android v2.3.4 (GRJ22) built from AOSP
  • Linux kernel v2.6.35.x
  • Minimal Google apps
  • Superuser
  • Busybox
  • Apps2SD

• Adhoc wifi network support
  • Advanced power menu with reboot options
  • Customizable auto backlight settings
  • Customizable status bar power widget
  • Download any file type
  • FM Radio
  • Improved widget picker
  • Long press back to kill mod (must be activated in Oxygen Settings)
  • Optional battery percentage
  • Text reflow when zooming
  • Various other tweaks and features

************************* READ ME *******************************
* Market downloads are now stored on the SD card because Google *
* increased the maximum app size to 50mb, the /cache partition *
* on some HBOOT partition layouts are under this size so some *
* larger apps will fail to download, if you have any problems *
* with downloading market apps, delete the "Android" folder on *
* your SD card and reboot, you should have no problems then. *

Known Bugs

• None...

Bugs Tracker
Here is the LINK to Adams Bug tracker, Please post all found bugs here!

What's Oxygen?
(snippet from AdamG frontpage):
Oxygen ROM is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and 99.9% bugfree.

After OpenDesire, I wanted to create something unique, as a fellow developer said to me there is no point there being 3 ROMs based around the same code (CM/OD/DF), I grew bored and lost interest in OD because it no longer felt special and it just felt like a race to release the latest CM code against DF, which was 1 pretty lame and 2 damn right depressing. When I initially started OD it was unique and it's popularity grew exponentially as it was the first Froyo AOSP ROM available for the HTC Desire at the time and a real alternative to the dull, dark and nasty HTC bloatware.

Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.

Screenshots

device1.png
device2.png
device3.png
device4.png
device5.png
device6.png
device7.png
device8.png

How do I Install OxygeN?
This thread made by Benko286, Explains in detail how to install ANY rom on HTC desire, with easy and complex guides Here

Make sure you already have a custom recovery installed
ie: Clockwork or Amon-RA.
Clockwork / Amon-RA

S-OFF?

***Please be aware***
Good news to all pvt4 (different NAND security version of desire) with erasesize 40000 and 20000:

PVT4 can now be S-OFF'd

AlphaRev 1.8 HBOOT reflash utility

How to S-OFF your Desire using the reflash utility - By AndroidGX

http://*******/2GajZ

custom HBOOT for erasesize 40000 and 20000 now available.

To Check erasesize use the adb command below
Code:
adb shell cat /proc/mtd

Output should look like this.

mtd0: 00100000 00040000 "misc"
mtd1: 00480000 00040000 "recovery"
mtd2: 00340000 00040000 "boot"
mtd3: 0fa00000 00040000 "system"
mtd4: 02800000 00040000 "cache"
mtd5: 096c0000 00040000 "userdata"

All models can now be S-OFF'd

What's S-OFF?
Quoated from the alpharev
HTC implemented security on their newer generation phones. This flag, called @secuflag, controls whether your phone has
it's NAND or flash unlocked. Most noticeably, S-ON (security on) will read-lock your /system and /recovery partition, to name a few. Also, secuflag controls whether zip files being flashed through recovery or fastboot, are signed by HTC.

The now notorious S-OFF (security off) will disable this NAND security.
Since we are unable to access the Radio NVRAM itself (where secuflag is stored), we turned our attention to HBOOT.

http://alpharev.nl/​

Detailed S-OFF instructions by AndroidGX

Once you have S-OFF'ed you can flash a different partition table Ie: data++, Sense, Stock 1.5 and N1Table.

For Oxygen it is recommended to flash OxygeN HBOOT, Although you can flash data++ and N1table with no problems.

OxygeN HBOOT

Their is now a specific Oxygen HBOOT provided by alpharev.nl.

AdamG: I would like to recommend that people who intend
to use Oxygen as their main ROM use the AlphaRev Oxygen HBOOT,
this is a customized HBOOT specifically for Oxygen and features a
massive /data partition, allowing you to install even more apps
than previously possible.

To install:
Ubuntu :
1) Nandroid backup in recovery. (on your phone)
2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
Code:
md5sum bravo_alphaspl-oxygen.img
3) Flash Oxygen HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (fastboot is a command line program used in the android sdk)
To enter fastboot press = (Back+POWER) -> open up a termon ubuntu or on windows, a CMD shell, then enter the below
Code:
 fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-oxygen.img
(change into the correct filename for the HBOOT you downloaded)
4)Then
Code:
 fastboot reboot-bootloader
5)Then
Code:
fastboot erase cache
6)Boot into recovery, flash oxygen-rom, wipe all and Reboot.

Fastboot and ADB Setup Instructions

ADB
ADB setup Windows

Fastboot
Ubuntu Instructions by wddglr
Windows Instructions by mazodude - Even tho this is for Nexus, The process is exactly the same

Ext3 partition removal

With the new OxygeN HBOOT their is no longer a need for ext3 (in fact its slower), So to remove it you will need to download something like Gparted to manage the partition tables on your sdcard.

Delete the ext3 partition and completely reformat the card to fat32

Then install the new Oxygen HBOOT,
Then wipe cache's /all,
Then install OxygeN.

Radio

If your using the Oxygen Hboot you WILL need to flash any radios via fastboot!
Using ADB from either a terminal or command line, enter the below...
Code:
  fastboot flash radio radio.img
Remember to extract the radio.img from the .zip before hand!
TIP! = Having the radio.img in the tools folder of the SDK, or wherever your adb program is makes life easy..

Recommended Radio

Here - 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

Download Oxygen
To download Oxygen click HERE where you will be redirected to AdamG's thread on Oxygen.

Download is near the end of post 1!

Thalamus Kernels for oxygen 2.0.+

To test a new kernel if you experience any issues at all, you can try these made by thalamus.

http://thalamus.ineige.org/kernels/

To install ...
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash the required kernel .zip
- Reboot

Oxygen FAQ

More EXCELLENT answers from MattMan83 - Here

Code:
[COLOR="Green"]Q: How do I use OxygenUpdater[/COLOR]
A: Read this excellent tutorial [URL="http://*******/2Gana"]here[/URL]

Q: [COLOR="Green"]Help I get a FC with ...[/COLOR]
A: Perform a wipe, 99% of the time this solves all problems

Q: [COLOR="Green"]I can't flash any radios, with OxygeN Hboot![/COLOR]
A: If your using the Oxygen Hboot you WILL need to flash any radios via fastboot! 

Q: [COLOR="green"]The keyboard doesn't have my locale dictionary[/COLOR]
A: Check the following thread [URL="http://*******/2Gaot"]here[/URL] for an alternative IME

Q: [COLOR="green"]How can I change the stock Launcher[/COLOR]
A: Go to Settings > Apps > Permissions > Clear data for Zeam. Press home, choose Launcher and highlight "use as default" **remember to download another launcher from the market first**

Q: [COLOR='green']Do I need to do a full wipe? [/COLOR]
A: You shouldn't have to if coming from RC7 or DevNull, however if you have any issues with stability or features not working you will be asked to perform a full wipe + reinstall before we can help you.

Q: [COLOR='green']What A2SD does this support? [/COLOR]
A: Oxygen 2.0 supports "froyo style" apps2sd, it also supports A2SD with an EXT3 or EXT4 partition. By default the dalvik cache is not moved to SD for performance reasons - [URL="http://*******/2GapT"]see here[/URL]. D2SD/D2W scripts will work - but please take this up in their respective threads if you have questions to ask.

Q: [COLOR='green']My battery is draining too fast - what the?[/COLOR]
A: This is a peculiarity of GB rom's at this point. Change your wifi settings to never sleep and problem solved - seems a little back to front but it works! (thanks earanor)

Q: [COLOR='green']Why don't some apps show in market - they did before?[/COLOR]
A: In the final release of this ROM the market fingerprint was updated to reflect that you're now running 2.3.3. If an app does not show it means it may not be compatible with Gingerbread - you should contact the App dev regarding this. [URL="http://*******/2Gaq3"]See here[/URL]

Q: [COLOR='green']Why is this missing? [/COLOR]
A: OJ Wake/Track Change/Quiet Hours Google changed alot of the underlying code in the 2.3.3 update which broke a few things. These features are being actively worked on but are currently not functioning - an update will be released at some point to restore these features, but there is no ETA currently. UPDATE - FM Radio is back in 2.0.1 - thanks AdamG

Q: [COLOR='green']Does HTC Sync/ x sense app work with this?[/COLOR]
A: No, and they never will. This is not a HTC ROM - therefore HTC features are not here. Sense apps require massive amounts of framework changes to run and at this point in time it's simply not worth the effort. If you MUST have your sense app - run a sense rom.

Q: [COLOR='green'] My USB transfers are slow/VPN doesn't work? [/COLOR]
A: This is an issue in the latest .37 kernels. Thalamus has kindly updated a .35 kernel to be compatible and is available [URL="http://thalamus.ineige.org/kernels/2.6.35/"]here[/URL]. 2.35.11r5 currently recommended. 2.35.11 build will also fix your VPN - .37 VPN implementation is currently incompatible with Android (thanks _thalamus!) 

Q: [COLOR='green']Why can't I see my wireless network?[/COLOR]
A: It's a minor bug in the 2.37.2 kernel launched with Oxygen 2.0.1 - simply update to the latest .37 build[URL="http://thalamus.ineige.org/kernels/2.6.37/"] here[/URL] and all will be resolved. Later releases of Oxygen will include the fixed kernel. (thanks _thalamus).

Q: [COLOR='green']Automatic backlight is too dark - how can i fix?[/COLOR]
A: AdamG posted his fix [URL="http://*******/2Gaqy"]here[/URL] - UPDATE from 2.0.1 auto backlight should be fine so long as you full wipe before install.

Q: [COLOR='green']Where did 720P recording go?[/COLOR]
A: Google did not include 720P recording in the Nexus One 2.3.3 update that AdamG needed to pull video recording from - therefore it's not in here either. Unlike other roms which employ hacks to enable 720P recording, Oxygen is kept clean and hack free to keep your user experience as good as possible. Video quality however IS STILL GOOD! You can't watch 720P back on a Desire screen anyway.

Q: [COLOR='green']Do i need to be S-off or have Oxygen hboot?[/COLOR] 
A: No, the rom will work S-on and with any hboot layout. However the recommender set-up is S-off and Oxygen hboot (thanks TheGhost1233)

Last edited:

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
Add-on's, Themes, Tips!

Add-on's

HTC IME - Here (if you keep getting FC's, check its installed on internal memory!)

ADFREE - can be downloaded from the market.

ADFREE PLUS - Made and maintained by Dnlgee! A much better adblocker!
This is a flashable .zip (in recovery) by Dnlgee (AdFree only uses the MVPS database which isn't updated too often.. So I use MVPS, Peter Lowe's and Host-File.net to increase the amount of ads and tracking sites blocked. This also includes some referral sites.) Download HERE Please remember to say thanks if you see him about!

Music app from HONEYCOMB with Sync! - Flashable .zip made by me! - Here..

Original Gingerbread Music.apk - Download from my Dropbox - Signed flashable .zip

Menu Wake MOD ON (flashable.zip) - Here Flash via recovery! Made by Me!

Menu Wake MOD OFF(flashable.zip) - Here Flash via recovery! Made by Me! to Revert back to normal.

Bootanimation for Oxygen (original) - Here

Wallpaper for Oxygen (original) - Here

The NEW Market 2.2.7 - Here *(signed test-keys)*

Black Market 2.2.6(old style) - Here by djDarkknight96 This is the normal market old style just in black!

3D Gallery (high res) - Here by Number22

2D Gallery (old) - Here

GAPPS (Google standard apps) - Here

GenieWidget.apk - Here This is the stock news and weather widget should you need it!

Themes

ClockR MOD - Here (this is very, very cool mod, check it out!) by zehro

Kbanause Theme - Here by Kbanause -Must see!

Battery % Mod - Here by classicalGas

PureOxygen MOD - Here by Jazzk

Circles Mod Oxygen - Here. - Must see! by Hooolme

ProperBlack Theme for Oxygen - Here Nice theme mod, Check it out! by str355

Oxygen RC2 theme by rover.prince - Here, Check it out for screen shots! *added circles mod to theme Updated 23/12/10*

INexus port for Oxygen - Here by dboy0911! Check it out!

UOT Kitchen - Here UOT kitchen is a complete Theme making kit, for instruction visit the link supplied! (for 1.0.4)(just batt symbol on RC1 gingerbread)

Android Theming and Tweaking V2 - Here A complete Theming and tweaking solution for Android by Shoey-n

Green Icons Oxygen v2 RC1 - Flash the zip downloaded from HERE

Tips

Oxygen Updater - The updater is located in your app draw on your desire!, To use just open it up, and click "check for updates" after a successful download you can either flash the zip right away or quit and reboot into recovery and do a nandroid backup first (Highly recommended)

Market Issue (No comments shown) - In order to see the comments, You must remember to set your locale in settings first!. (This also sorts out numbers issue on the gingerbread keyboard). Thanks to bernabap

Youtube & Google Maps FC's (force close's) on RC3 - Install Youtube from the market. Then If any more problems, Uninstall and reinstall again, seems to sort it.

DropBox *extra 250mb with this link* - Use this to sync files from your Pc and Android phone automatically. Highly recommended.

Make Flashable .zip files Thanks to Dakata

OxygeN FaQ. PDF Download 308kb.
- Updated 4/1/2011

Please, Please, Please PM for me to add more info, this is for everyone's benefit! Many thanks :)

Last edited:

b3ndik

Jul 6, 2010
Norway
Great post!
Would love if Adam could implement a music script(?) to control eg. spotify from the volume buttons (next, prev song)

Reactions: potter1984

neonlovag

Jun 16, 2010
Hi!

If someone could help me making the DPAD Wake working again would be appreciaty it:) Tried the old stuff but didn't work out:/

psygbert

Nov 27, 2010
weird thing about the new market posted above is that if i upgrade it without deleting the old data, it would work fine but if i delete the data of the market, it will begin to fc. it does not happen in the old market. so full wipe + using the new market will certainly fc on me with "requires com.google.android.providers.settings.permission.WRITE_GSETTINGS" in the logcat. this will happen after i accepted the terms and conditions.

Last edited:

neonlovag

Jun 16, 2010
Thanks but unfortunately it isn't working, I have allready read the whole forum, all the other post to, and I compared the related files from line to line, caracter to caracter, it is 1:1 like in other roms with working d-pad unlock... but it does not work in 2.3 oxygene:/

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
Thanks but unfortunately it isn't working, I have allready read the whole forum, all the other post to, and I compared the related files from line to line, caracter to caracter, it is 1:1 like in other roms with working d-pad unlock... but it does not work in 2.3 oxygene:/

Hmm, Must be some core files missing from the complied rom then, im sure RC2 will fix this

o0micha0o

May 7, 2010
wow all this zip files and apk files and adb stuff..
how do i install the new market, everywhere i look i see the files but not how to install them, or if i should remove the old market.
anyone got a link or something? just want the new market to replace my old one

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
wow all this zip files and apk files and adb stuff..
how do i install the new market, everywhere i look i see the files but not how to install them, or if i should remove the old market.
anyone got a link or something? just want the new market to replace my old one

The new market is clearly marked under Extras, Its a flashable zip, I actually tested it myself earlier and can confirm its working as intended.

Just boot into recovery, your clockwork mod, and flash just like a rom update!

Hope that helps

edeimar

Jun 9, 2010
i flash oxygen w/o wiping. now my htc desire hangs at boot (stuck at the oxygen boot animation).

I cant get to recovery/bootloader menu by holding volume down button (used to be able to).

any tips?

potter1984

Jan 11, 2009
Bristol
i flash oxygen w/o wiping. now my htc desire hangs at boot (stuck at the oxygen boot animation).

I cant get to recovery/bootloader menu by holding volume down button (used to be able to).

any tips?

Go back into recovery and re-flash the RC2 but make sure you Wipe all caches!

Its needed as a new signed test key is used in this build :p

Sherwood W

May 30, 2010
Do you know if it is possible to get the old 2D Gallery that was in the earlier versions of Oxygen on RC2?

I searched through the main oxygen thread and couldn't find anything.

Desaf

Dec 8, 2010
Hi guys,
I'm having a problem:
When I flashed this rom, the homescreen comes and I can login with my gmail account but after that, the phone keeps rebooting. I don't know why. I use a 8gb sd card with 2gb ext4. I only have this problem with Oxygen roms, not with any HD or MIUI roms, but only with the oxygen roms. The oxygen roms are the fastest and best roms, but it keeps rebooting.

Sorry for the bad english.

Sherwood W

May 30, 2010
Just added try it out and let me know :)

Thanks I removed Gallery3D and installed the one in the first post and worked fine. The only annoying thing that I've just noticed is that say in launcher pro and you select change icon it puts all the images together instead of showing it in the different folders like it does when you open it up on it's own.

Thanks for uploading it :)

Nov 29, 2010
Thanks for this thread. It would be great if you could add some comments on what each add-on is (e.g gennie widget and black market ??) A link to this post should also be added to main oxygen thread.

Great job!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oxygen Forums has moved to http://forum.oxygen.im/

This is the FAQ for the ROM Oxygen Produced by AdamG.
    oxygenwallpaper2.jpg

Hello all,

This is going to be the new place to ask for help and receive answers to your most challenging questions about Oxygen.

I have taken the time to make this FAQ for you all so we can try and keep a lid on the countless Questions being asked again and again in the thread, inevitability getting lost in translation and posts.

Please Continue!

Basics First!

New to Rom's, Flashing and developing in general?

Start here

Then here

Turkeys Ultimate guide to root

Recent Changes Oxygen 2.1.3

Features
    • Android v2.3.4 (GRJ22) built from AOSP
    • Linux kernel v2.6.35.x
    • Minimal Google apps
    • Superuser
    • Busybox
    • Apps2SD

• Adhoc wifi network support
    • Advanced power menu with reboot options
    • Customizable auto backlight settings
    • Customizable status bar power widget
    • Download any file type
    • FM Radio
    • Improved widget picker
    • Long press back to kill mod (must be activated in Oxygen Settings)
    • Optional battery percentage
    • Text reflow when zooming
    • Various other tweaks and features

************************* READ ME *******************************
    * Market downloads are now stored on the SD card because Google *
    * increased the maximum app size to 50mb, the /cache partition *
    * on some HBOOT partition layouts are under this size so some *
    * larger apps will fail to download, if you have any problems *
    * with downloading market apps, delete the "Android" folder on *
    * your SD card and reboot, you should have no problems then. *

Known Bugs

• None...

Bugs Tracker
    Here is the LINK to Adams Bug tracker, Please post all found bugs here!

What's Oxygen?
    (snippet from AdamG frontpage):
    Oxygen ROM is an AOSP source built ROM (ie. not a mod of any sense based ROM), it's minimal, it's superfast and 99.9% bugfree.

After OpenDesire, I wanted to create something unique, as a fellow developer said to me there is no point there being 3 ROMs based around the same code (CM/OD/DF), I grew bored and lost interest in OD because it no longer felt special and it just felt like a race to release the latest CM code against DF, which was 1 pretty lame and 2 damn right depressing. When I initially started OD it was unique and it's popularity grew exponentially as it was the first Froyo AOSP ROM available for the HTC Desire at the time and a real alternative to the dull, dark and nasty HTC bloatware.

Oxygen is not a mod/port of any HTC/CyanogenMod or any other ROM and may not be to everyones liking, it's minimalistic and basic but I'm open to ideas and suggestions for improving the ROM.

Screenshots

device1.png
    device2.png
    device3.png
    device4.png
    device5.png
    device6.png
    device7.png
    device8.png

How do I Install OxygeN?
    This thread made by Benko286, Explains in detail how to install ANY rom on HTC desire, with easy and complex guides Here

Make sure you already have a custom recovery installed
    ie: Clockwork or Amon-RA.
    Clockwork / Amon-RA

S-OFF?

***Please be aware***
    Good news to all pvt4 (different NAND security version of desire) with erasesize 40000 and 20000:

PVT4 can now be S-OFF'd

AlphaRev 1.8 HBOOT reflash utility

How to S-OFF your Desire using the reflash utility - By AndroidGX

http://*******/2GajZ

custom HBOOT for erasesize 40000 and 20000 now available.

To Check erasesize use the adb command below
    Code:
    adb shell cat /proc/mtd

Output should look like this.

mtd0: 00100000 00040000 "misc"
    mtd1: 00480000 00040000 "recovery"
    mtd2: 00340000 00040000 "boot"
    mtd3: 0fa00000 00040000 "system"
    mtd4: 02800000 00040000 "cache"
    mtd5: 096c0000 00040000 "userdata"

All models can now be S-OFF'd

What's S-OFF?
    Quoated from the alpharev
    HTC implemented security on their newer generation phones. This flag, called @secuflag, controls whether your phone has
    it's NAND or flash unlocked. Most noticeably, S-ON (security on) will read-lock your /system and /recovery partition, to name a few. Also, secuflag controls whether zip files being flashed through recovery or fastboot, are signed by HTC.

The now notorious S-OFF (security off) will disable this NAND security.
    Since we are unable to access the Radio NVRAM itself (where secuflag is stored), we turned our attention to HBOOT.

http://alpharev.nl/​

Detailed S-OFF instructions by AndroidGX

Once you have S-OFF'ed you can flash a different partition table Ie: data++, Sense, Stock 1.5 and N1Table.

For Oxygen it is recommended to flash OxygeN HBOOT, Although you can flash data++ and N1table with no problems.

OxygeN HBOOT

Their is now a specific Oxygen HBOOT provided by alpharev.nl.

AdamG: I would like to recommend that people who intend
    to use Oxygen as their main ROM use the AlphaRev Oxygen HBOOT,
    this is a customized HBOOT specifically for Oxygen and features a
    massive /data partition, allowing you to install even more apps
    than previously possible.

To install:
    Ubuntu :
    1) Nandroid backup in recovery. (on your phone)
    2) Verify the MD5SUM of the file you downloaded against the one in the table.
    Code:
    md5sum bravo_alphaspl-oxygen.img
    3) Flash Oxygen HBOOT with your phone in fastboot mode (fastboot is a command line program used in the android sdk)
    To enter fastboot press = (Back+POWER) -> open up a termon ubuntu or on windows, a CMD shell, then enter the below
    Code:
     fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-oxygen.img
    (change into the correct filename for the HBOOT you downloaded)
    4)Then
    Code:
     fastboot reboot-bootloader
    5)Then
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    6)Boot into recovery, flash oxygen-rom, wipe all and Reboot.

Fastboot and ADB Setup Instructions

ADB
    ADB setup Windows

Fastboot
    Ubuntu Instructions by wddglr
    Windows Instructions by mazodude - Even tho this is for Nexus, The process is exactly the same

Ext3 partition removal

With the new OxygeN HBOOT their is no longer a need for ext3 (in fact its slower), So to remove it you will need to download something like Gparted to manage the partition tables on your sdcard.

Delete the ext3 partition and completely reformat the card to fat32

Then install the new Oxygen HBOOT,
    Then wipe cache's /all,
    Then install OxygeN.

Radio

If your using the Oxygen Hboot you WILL need to flash any radios via fastboot!
    Using ADB from either a terminal or command line, enter the below...
    Code:
      fastboot flash radio radio.img
    Remember to extract the radio.img from the .zip before hand!
    TIP! = Having the radio.img in the tools folder of the SDK, or wherever your adb program is makes life easy..

Recommended Radio

Here - 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

Download Oxygen
    To download Oxygen click HERE where you will be redirected to AdamG's thread on Oxygen.

Download is near the end of post 1!

Thalamus Kernels for oxygen 2.0.+

To test a new kernel if you experience any issues at all, you can try these made by thalamus.

http://thalamus.ineige.org/kernels/

To install ...
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash the required kernel .zip
    - Reboot

Oxygen FAQ

More EXCELLENT answers from MattMan83 - Here

Code:
    [COLOR="Green"]Q: How do I use OxygenUpdater[/COLOR]
    A: Read this excellent tutorial [URL="http://*******/2Gana"]here[/URL]

Q: [COLOR="Green"]Help I get a FC with ...[/COLOR]
    A: Perform a wipe, 99% of the time this solves all problems

Q: [COLOR="Green"]I can't flash any radios, with OxygeN Hboot![/COLOR]
    A: If your using the Oxygen Hboot you WILL need to flash any radios via fastboot! 

Q: [COLOR="green"]The keyboard doesn't have my locale dictionary[/COLOR]
    A: Check the following thread [URL="http://*******/2Gaot"]here[/URL] for an alternative IME

Q: [COLOR="green"]How can I change the stock Launcher[/COLOR]
    A: Go to Settings > Apps > Permissions > Clear data for Zeam. Press home, choose Launcher and highlight "use as default" **remember to download another launcher from the market first**

Q: [COLOR='green']Do I need to do a full wipe? [/COLOR]
    A: You shouldn't have to if coming from RC7 or DevNull, however if you have any issues with stability or features not working you will be asked to perform a full wipe + reinstall before we can help you.

Q: [COLOR='green']What A2SD does this support? [/COLOR]
    A: Oxygen 2.0 supports "froyo style" apps2sd, it also supports A2SD with an EXT3 or EXT4 partition. By default the dalvik cache is not moved to SD for performance reasons - [URL="http://*******/2GapT"]see here[/URL]. D2SD/D2W scripts will work - but please take this up in their respective threads if you have questions to ask.

Q: [COLOR='green']My battery is draining too fast - what the?[/COLOR]
    A: This is a peculiarity of GB rom's at this point. Change your wifi settings to never sleep and problem solved - seems a little back to front but it works! (thanks earanor)

Q: [COLOR='green']Why don't some apps show in market - they did before?[/COLOR]
    A: In the final release of this ROM the market fingerprint was updated to reflect that you're now running 2.3.3. If an app does not show it means it may not be compatible with Gingerbread - you should contact the App dev regarding this. [URL="http://*******/2Gaq3"]See here[/URL]

Q: [COLOR='green']Why is this missing? [/COLOR]
    A: OJ Wake/Track Change/Quiet Hours Google changed alot of the underlying code in the 2.3.3 update which broke a few things. These features are being actively worked on but are currently not functioning - an update will be released at some point to restore these features, but there is no ETA currently. UPDATE - FM Radio is back in 2.0.1 - thanks AdamG

Q: [COLOR='green']Does HTC Sync/ x sense app work with this?[/COLOR]
    A: No, and they never will. This is not a HTC ROM - therefore HTC features are not here. Sense apps require massive amounts of framework changes to run and at this point in time it's simply not worth the effort. If you MUST have your sense app - run a sense rom.

Q: [COLOR='green'] My USB transfers are slow/VPN doesn't work? [/COLOR]
    A: This is an issue in the latest .37 kernels. Thalamus has kindly updated a .35 kernel to be compatible and is available [URL="http://thalamus.ineige.org/kernels/2.6.35/"]here[/URL]. 2.35.11r5 currently recommended. 2.35.11 build will also fix your VPN - .37 VPN implementation is currently incompatible with Android (thanks _thalamus!) 

Q: [COLOR='green']Why can't I see my wireless network?[/COLOR]
    A: It's a minor bug in the 2.37.2 kernel launched with Oxygen 2.0.1 - simply update to the latest .37 build[URL="http://thalamus.ineige.org/kernels/2.6.37/"] here[/URL] and all will be resolved. Later releases of Oxygen will include the fixed kernel. (thanks _thalamus).

Q: [COLOR='green']Automatic backlight is too dark - how can i fix?[/COLOR]
    A: AdamG posted his fix [URL="http://*******/2Gaqy"]here[/URL] - UPDATE from 2.0.1 auto backlight should be fine so long as you full wipe before install.

Q: [COLOR='green']Where did 720P recording go?[/COLOR]
    A: Google did not include 720P recording in the Nexus One 2.3.3 update that AdamG needed to pull video recording from - therefore it's not in here either. Unlike other roms which employ hacks to enable 720P recording, Oxygen is kept clean and hack free to keep your user experience as good as possible. Video quality however IS STILL GOOD! You can't watch 720P back on a Desire screen anyway.

Q: [COLOR='green']Do i need to be S-off or have Oxygen hboot?[/COLOR] 
    A: No, the rom will work S-on and with any hboot layout. However the recommender set-up is S-off and Oxygen hboot (thanks TheGhost1233)
    Add-on's, Themes, Tips!

Add-on's

HTC IME - Here (if you keep getting FC's, check its installed on internal memory!)

ADFREE - can be downloaded from the market.

ADFREE PLUS - Made and maintained by Dnlgee! A much better adblocker!
    This is a flashable .zip (in recovery) by Dnlgee (AdFree only uses the MVPS database which isn't updated too often.. So I use MVPS, Peter Lowe's and Host-File.net to increase the amount of ads and tracking sites blocked. This also includes some referral sites.) Download HERE Please remember to say thanks if you see him about!

Music app from HONEYCOMB with Sync! - Flashable .zip made by me! - Here..

Original Gingerbread Music.apk - Download from my Dropbox - Signed flashable .zip

Menu Wake MOD ON (flashable.zip) - Here Flash via recovery! Made by Me!

Menu Wake MOD OFF(flashable.zip) - Here Flash via recovery! Made by Me! to Revert back to normal.

Bootanimation for Oxygen (original) - Here

Wallpaper for Oxygen (original) - Here

The NEW Market 2.2.7 - Here *(signed test-keys)*

Black Market 2.2.6(old style) - Here by djDarkknight96 This is the normal market old style just in black!

3D Gallery (high res) - Here by Number22

2D Gallery (old) - Here

GAPPS (Google standard apps) - Here

GenieWidget.apk - Here This is the stock news and weather widget should you need it!

Themes

ClockR MOD - Here (this is very, very cool mod, check it out!) by zehro

Kbanause Theme - Here by Kbanause -Must see!

Battery % Mod - Here by classicalGas

PureOxygen MOD - Here by Jazzk

Circles Mod Oxygen - Here. - Must see! by Hooolme

ProperBlack Theme for Oxygen - Here Nice theme mod, Check it out! by str355

Oxygen RC2 theme by rover.prince - Here, Check it out for screen shots! *added circles mod to theme Updated 23/12/10*

INexus port for Oxygen - Here by dboy0911! Check it out!

UOT Kitchen - Here UOT kitchen is a complete Theme making kit, for instruction visit the link supplied! (for 1.0.4)(just batt symbol on RC1 gingerbread)

Android Theming and Tweaking V2 - Here A complete Theming and tweaking solution for Android by Shoey-n

Green Icons Oxygen v2 RC1 - Flash the zip downloaded from HERE

Tips

Oxygen Updater - The updater is located in your app draw on your desire!, To use just open it up, and click "check for updates" after a successful download you can either flash the zip right away or quit and reboot into recovery and do a nandroid backup first (Highly recommended)

Market Issue (No comments shown) - In order to see the comments, You must remember to set your locale in settings first!. (This also sorts out numbers issue on the gingerbread keyboard). Thanks to bernabap

Youtube & Google Maps FC's (force close's) on RC3 - Install Youtube from the market. Then If any more problems, Uninstall and reinstall again, seems to sort it.

DropBox *extra 250mb with this link* - Use this to sync files from your Pc and Android phone automatically. Highly recommended.

Make Flashable .zip files Thanks to Dakata

OxygeN FaQ. PDF Download 308kb.
    - Updated 4/1/2011

Please, Please, Please PM for me to add more info, this is for everyone's benefit! Many thanks :)
    If anyone is looking for a link to Oxygen, i have just uploaded Oxygen 2.3.2 on Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bg5uc0ojf58ospp
    Can anybody tell me why the gmail app is gone? In Germany i can´t install it via the market :(

Because oxygen is currently too large for it's hboot, some apps had to be removed. Will all be fixed in next release.

M.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App
    Guys, i need some advice. Everytime i try to install this rom, i get the same problem, only 114 MB of free space after full wipe/all. These are my specs ext3 part 1gig, 4gig SD card class 6. I know all about the oxygen HBOOT, but i would rather keep my ext 3 for now and just use A2SD+, can anyone tell me why i'm only getting the 114MB free of internal memory?

Thanks

it is because RC4/5 moved dalvik-cache back to /data which was in /sd-ext before.

A small question, I hope somebody can answer.

I'm running RC5 with a 8gb MicroSD card. Before i flashed it with RC5, I created a 2GB partition (not sure if ext3 or ext4) for apps on the SD card via the clockworkmod menu and the rest is a 6gb FAT32 partition for "normal" use on the SD card.

I love how this works, giving me 2gb for apps, so I don't use my internal storage for Apps, which is normally quickly used up.

Now I read in this FAQ under "Ext3 partition removal", that the sd card should be one big fat32 partition, as this is faster. Is this correctly understood?
    If so, is apps still installed to the SD card and will they not be affected if I go into storage mode, which unmounts the SD card, if plugging in the phone to a PC/MAC.

if you are using Oxygen Hboot then you will have 337MB /data, it should provides enough space for you to install apps so the EXT3 is useless.
    if you remove the EXT3 then all apps will be installed in internal storage (no A2SD+ anymore, but you can still moving apps to SD-FAT32 the default app2SD).