[Q] "Tapping" sound issue on all AOSP KitKat builds

Search This thread

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Is anyone else getting a "tapping" noise when on a call on any AOSP/CM based KitKat build? I have tried several ROMs (Beanstalk, LiquidSmooth, CarbonROM, DirtyUnicorn) and every one I get an occasional tapping sound well on the call, like someone is rapping their fingers on a door or glass countertop.

I have reverted to stock twice and taken the 12B OTA update, rooted and installed TWRP, and reflashed various ROMs to try to clean it up, but no dice... it is consistent among all KK builds, but no sign of it on stock 4.2.2, clean as a whistle audio there.

This doesn't seem to be an issue others have reported too much, just curious if it is known issue or I am just unique...

Dick Ripple

Jul 24, 2010
Memphis
Is anyone else getting a "tapping" noise when on a call on any AOSP/CM based KitKat build? I have tried several ROMs (Beanstalk, LiquidSmooth, CarbonROM, DirtyUnicorn) and every one I get an occasional tapping sound well on the call, like someone is rapping their fingers on a door or glass countertop.

I have reverted to stock twice and taken the 12B OTA update, rooted and installed TWRP, and reflashed various ROMs to try to clean it up, but no dice... it is consistent among all KK builds, but no sign of it on stock 4.2.2, clean as a whistle audio there.

This doesn't seem to be an issue others have reported too much, just curious if it is known issue or I am just unique...

Go into sound settings and turn off lock screen sound. Your problem will be fixed.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: acejavelin

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Go into sound settings and turn off lock screen sound. Your problem will be fixed.

THANK YOU!!! That fixed my problem completely... two conference calls and a few dozen other phone calls and no tapping sounds what so ever, never would have expected that was the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

THANK YOU!!! That fixed my problem completely... two conference calls and a few dozen other phone calls and no tapping sounds what so ever, never would have expected that was the issue.

No problem, glad I could help.