[UNROOT][Stock TWRP Backups & Recoveries][2.61.401.3][ 3.12.401.3][ 3.23.401.1][t6ul]

Search This thread

bretto_aus

Nov 11, 2010
Tried both Sense versions with my S-OFF device and both times the stock recovery fails (Red exclamation mark on screen) any ideas?

bretto_aus

Nov 11, 2010
It should be like that, now you can update your device from ota if you removed Tempered flag and locked yours

So I realized that I needed to do VOL UP + VOL DOWN and tap the PWR button trick to get into the stock recovery, so thats all good.
Im still s-off and its un-rooted and locked bootloader and there is no tempered flag visable, and it notified there was an OTA update to 3.23.1540.1 yet it fails to install because it says my system is modified. Ive even tried to apply the OTA file in stock recovery and it always fails. Any ideas as i need to get to 3.23.1540.1 stock so I can sell the device.
Also should I have a certain CID?

Last edited:

moghaddamhreza

Nov 3, 2014
Tabriz
rezaa.us
So I realized that I needed to do VOL UP + VOL DOWN and tap the PWR button trick to get into the stock recovery, so thats all good.
Im still s-off and its un-rooted and locked bootloader and there is no tempered flag visable, and it notified there was an OTA update to 3.23.1540.1 yet it fails to install because it says my system is modified. Ive even tried to apply the OTA file in stock recovery and it always fails. Any ideas as i need to get to 3.23.1540.1 stock so I can sell the device.
Don't have any idea, let's ask some one else
Your device shouldn't be s-on?

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012

Factory rest your device from stock recovery and then try the OTA or Zip update. Should work

Reactions: moghaddamhreza

bretto_aus

Nov 11, 2010
Factory rest your device from stock recovery and then try the OTA or Zip update. Should work

Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried that OTA kept saying my system was modified and would fail and I tried to apply the ZIP OTA update through stock recovery and that also failed. I ended up downgrading the HBOOT so I could use a JB RUU and then I ran through the OTA's back up to 4.4.2. Long process but it worked out in the end.

Reactions: moghaddamhreza

kam5iz

Sep 15, 2014
Hi,
I've recently received software update 4.13.1540.7 notification on my stock, rooted T6ULA 3.23.154.1 - (s-off)(locked bootloader)
I did a few steps before trying to install it :
- uninstalling "exposed installer", viper audio, busy box and everything that I thought it would be a mess with OTA process, completely.
- unlocking bootloader (scotty1223 method) & flashed stock recovery
- locking bootloader ( scotty1223 method)
- unrooting via superuser cleanup setting
- applying the update
But when my phone goes to recovery for installing it, the red triangle shows up after a minute.
I press V.up & P.button few times to see the hidden texts in recovery & realize that the process stopped at a line with an assert check error : system/build.prop has unexpected contents. operation failed ...

Does anyone know what else should i do to update my phone? or where was my mistake? If no, can anyone give me a link to ruu or any stock backup of this lollipop that is compatible with my phone? if no, Is there any method that switch off the "system update" notification pop up? It really bothers. we can stop it just for 4 hours..
Thanx a lot

Scorpion34

Dec 25, 2011
Kansas City
Yes, Install TWRP in fastboot mode via "fastboot flash recovery (recovery file name).img"
then unzip downloaded backup folder (2014-04-18--09-26-29 KOT49H release-keys) and place it in SD Card/twrp/FA3APWG02523.
Then reboot to bootloader and enter into recovery from there. restore stock back from TWRP from here
Now boot up your phone and see if everything is working fine in your phone and you are able to use your phone such as calls/sms etc etc
If phone is working fine then again boot into bootloader and flash stock recovery via "fastboot flash recovery recovery_t6ul-2.61.401.3.img"
After this you need to enter into recovery from bootloader but this time method would be little different to enter into recovery unlike you used to go into TWRP/CWM Recovery. Once you hit power button in bootloader to enter into recovery then wait for the "htc logo" screen to go away. once its gone then press Volume Up button and power button simultaneous 4 or 5 times. You might see an error 5 times but ignore that and keep pressing Volume up button unless you see a Blue Stock Recovery Menu. if you see it then you have done it right. Here you need to wipe cache and do a factory reset and reboot system.
Now once you are done with above all, reboot into bootloader/fastboot mode and lock your bootloader via "fastboot oem lock"

Now you are on Stock Firmware and ready to take an OTA (if available) for your phone if everything goes right.
I hope now it clears everything and you would be able to do it easily

Important: If this works, then hit "Thanks" button in every post that I have replied you. LOLZZZ

Ok 2 questions that I didn't see in the main post.

1. Where is the preload folder located exactly? cuz I wasn't able to find it.
2. Do we just move the recovery file to the root of our SD or directly to the phone storage?

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012
Ok 2 questions that I didn't see in the main post.

1. Where is the preload folder located exactly? cuz I wasn't able to find it.
2. Do we just move the recovery file to the root of our SD or directly to the phone storage?

Ohh Maaaan, I wrote this quite a while back when I had HTC One max. Now I have totally forgotten the process and I cant even relate things. My apologies bro. I really hope someone else will see this and will help you.

Top Liked Posts