[MOD] Skyrocket ROMS on Hercules- This covers stock Samsung ROMS

Search This thread

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
I have the same issue with ROMs with LA3 modem. No matter if I flash the "fix" before or after the ROM procedure.

Flash "fix" before ROM flash. No Signal. Try to Flash Tmo modem. Still LA3 modem

Flash ROM. No Signal. Flash "fix". Still no signal. Flash tmo Modem. Still LA3 modem.

I've tried numerous combinations. I haven't tried ODIN'ing the modem but I'd assume similar results. (NOTE: This was tried on NexusMod. I haven't tried other ROMs without LA3. Kind of turned off by trying others after how long it took me to try and get NexusMod to work and in the end it still doesn't.)

SupaKid

May 11, 2010
Having Market issues. The Market freezes at the loading screen, then FCs.

Anyway to fix this?

I'm using the NexusMOD ROM.

rUsTyRuSs

Jul 27, 2010
Los Angeles
I have the same issue with ROMs with LA3 modem. No matter if I flash the "fix" before or after the ROM procedure.

Flash "fix" before ROM flash. No Signal. Try to Flash Tmo modem. Still LA3 modem

Flash ROM. No Signal. Flash "fix". Still no signal. Flash tmo Modem. Still LA3 modem.

I've tried numerous combinations. I haven't tried ODIN'ing the modem but I'd assume similar results. (NOTE: This was tried on NexusMod. I haven't tried other ROMs without LA3. Kind of turned off by trying others after how long it took me to try and get NexusMod to work and in the end it still doesn't.)

I am experiencing this as well. were you able to find a fix?

BlackElvis79

May 2, 2009
SoCal
Is there a list of SkyRocket ROMs that have been tested and are confirmed working on our T-Mobile SGS II's?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

SupaKid

May 11, 2010
It's been said that there is no modem within the NexusMod ROM.

With that, is it ok to flash in a T-Mobile modem, and it would work?

Since I'm in another country at the moment, I have no way to test and verify.

Thanks for any help.

madizmo

Apr 2, 2007
Nanaimo
I have a telus t989D and ive flashed basicly every skyrocket rom available including all the ics ones and they all work OTB for me except the auto rotation is wack until i flash one of our kernels. Is the telus t989D more similar to the skyrocket than the tmobile s2 is?

Lantek23

May 3, 2011
Orlando, Fl.
Can anyone confirm that any of the Skyrocket ICS roms working with the rotation fix

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
I personally want to try the real sky ics rom with the nexus navigation bar. Which i will. I pretty much have no fear of bricking my phone. Ive been at this for over 3 years

bigimac78

Apr 29, 2011
I have sky ics running just fine..just make sure you flash the rotation fix last. I put a post in sky ics that explained what I did. Battery life is pretty good IM on my first full charge now and looks like I will hit about 16hrs with around 3.5hrs screen time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989ro.product.brand=samsung using xda premium

Reactions: Lantek23

Lantek23

May 3, 2011
Orlando, Fl.
I have sky ics running just fine..just make sure you flash the rotation fix last. I put a post in sky ics that explained what I did. Battery life is pretty good IM on my first full charge now and looks like I will hit about 16hrs with around 3.5hrs screen time

So is all the add on's working too like ICS lock screen mod , and is the camera and video working too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011

I tried but no data i even flashed the tmobike modem. Im normally figure things out myself but I guess there no harm in asking for help.

kaiya215

Oct 28, 2009
Anyone know where I could download this patch.... because the minus host seems to not have the file available anymore....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
Just Thought id share. The skyrocket roms work on our phone too. Just flashed the Alien ROM just to see. Everything worked fine...

so all we do is flash like its a normal rom for our phone...we dont need any special radios...or kernels for it to work...?

Yes, you may need to input the right APN settings and be sure to flash a T989 TW kernel, so you won't have borked rotation or weak vibration.

Sent from the pink Unicorn from the Darkside. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just Thought id share. The skyrocket roms work on our phone too. Just flashed the Alien ROM just to see. Everything worked fine, granted there was some att crap in wifi settings that is useless to us, but at least we know we can use their stuff too. I also flashed jugs kernel with the rom as Im sure the kernel is different, but maybe not. Anyway, just wanted to let you know. Oh, they just got an ota to 2.3.6 yesterday, ill post the system dump here in a few. Hopefully the devs will move to that base.

*I thought I'd throw a zip similar to what they have together. I think this zip will do the trick. Give it a shot and let me know if auto rotate is still borked. I dont think it will be but I have CM7 setup and working audio so I dont want to ruin that :p Let me know and Ill fix issues if there is any.

Conversion

*NOTE: This is for Samsung ROMS only. Do not try it on CM7 or anything aosp.
    I flashed just to see didnt convert

There is a converted one already for us. Thanks to cshort0982:

http://www.multiupload.com/I31R9RDFJZ

I changed the APN, the GPS.conf file and edited the build prop for our phones. Been using it for 3 days now and have had no problems. Anyways, enjoy!
    who gets ics first??? either way we win!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App
    Do u think you could fix the auto rotate issue in the zip as well. I always use mine and hope IRS possible. Thank you for your work

OK, I think this zip will do the trick. Give it a shot and let me know if auto rotate is still borked. I dont think it will be but I have CM7 setup and working audio so I dont want to ruin that :p Let me know and Ill fix issues if there is any.

Conversion

*NOTE: This is for Samsung ROMS only. Do not try it on CM7 or anything aosp.
    hspa+ worked for me too. Data speed comparable to EB. GPS doesn't work for me though.

put the attached file in /system/etc and set permissions, should fix gps

*geez, invalid file. ill zip it, so just pull the gps.conf and do what i said ^thar