Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Search This thread

adfad666

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Добро пожаловать, друзья! Welcome, Friends! आपका स्वागत है, दोस्तों! Benvenuti, amici!
Bem-vindos, amigos! Ласкаво просимо, друзі! Bine ati venit, prieteni! 欢迎 朋友们
Vítejte, přátelé! chào đón, bạn bè! Willkommen, Freunde! Bienvenidos, amigos!

in7kew.jpg

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

Changelog
[I'm not going to provide my own changelog as all updates to CM7.2 are minor bugfixes only...]

Other necessary files: Google Apps (Also available in ROMManager)

night·ly /ˈnaɪtli/
adj.
  1. Of or pertaining to the night, or to every night; happening or done by night, or every night.
  2. A Fresh CyanogenMod ROM automatically built with the newest available code, usually compiled at night. Often contains many bugs.

This is the place to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies. Feel free to talk about anything related to these ROMS, but to receive acknowledgement by a developer of any problems you find, the following conditions should be met:
  • Use the stock CyanogenMod kernel
  • Do not overclock
  • Use the default system apps (launcher etc.)
  • Do not use apps2sd or similar
Before posting a problem you should:
  • Check the posts below for a solution / fix
  • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
  • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there
  • Wait 24 hours for the next nightly, the devs probably already know about it
If the problem still persists after the next nighlty appears and all the above steps have been followed, post your problem and we'll see if there is something we can do. Please include the following information:
  • Which Nightly you are running
  • Which Nightly the bug first appeared (if known)
  • *Confirm Stock Everything* (shows that you have read all the above)
  • Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (add a screenshot if it helps)

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you need to upgrade to the new baseband. This improves 3G signal and battery life. There are many guides on how to do this so just have a quick look around, or even watch a video on Youtube.

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

All APN problems related to 'funny SIMs' have been fixed, please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.

Last edited:

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011
Major improvements include:
  • New baseband support
  • Better 3G Reception
  • .35 kernel support (only)
  • Offline charging
  • Quicker GPS lock
  • Smoother Accelerometers
  • Better 3G signal
  • Better battery life
  • CyanogenMod Updates

Last edited:

lerkin

Jan 4, 2011
msk
Aside from no data on T-Mobile UK, everything else seems to work fine.

One guy from dev thread suggested to flash baseband from latest official ROM for your country, may be that can help
He said:
"hey guys, try downloading the official gingerbread from vodafone in .kdz, extract the baseband from that rom and use it in your rom. If you don't know how, PM me."

Here is the link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21370547

@adfad
What do you think about that bug:Call settings/additional settings doesn't work. An error "network or Sim card error" occurs. This works in official roms and doesn't work in mik's 6.5.8 too.

Last edited:

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011
One guy from dev thread suggested to flash baseband from latest official ROM for your country, may be that can help
He said:
"hey guys, try downloading the official gingerbread from vodafone in .kdz, extract the baseband from that rom and use it in your rom. If you don't know how, PM me."

Here is the link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21370547
Sent from my LG-P500

It shouldn't make a difference, especially since it's been reported roms based on official LG gingerbread work with the same baseband

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011
What do you think about that bug:Call settings/additional settings doesn't work. An error "network or Sim card error" occurs. This works in official roms and doesn't work in mik's 6.5.8 too.

I've noted it, but the main bug should be to get this network problem sorted out. Just need to get some logcat readings as described above

Reactions: rahulsby

homepage32

Dec 21, 2010
Logcat

Logcat with WiFi enabled:
pastebin.com/735b5cz1

Logcat with GSM enabled:
pastebin.com/A1V0hZ2P

Sorry, I can't post links because I have not enough posts yet.

btw: great rom, thx for your work :D

Edit: Nightly 1, nothing changed

Last edited:

Rayman96

Jun 3, 2009
Warszawa, Poland

*Camera... oops! AM I wrong or my phone or gallery started to take photos or and recording movies by 90 degrees counter-clockwise? That's strange behavior...
Too many resolutions in photo camera... maybe i am wrong but i never seen 1080p and 720p types in CMcamera
wink.gif

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011
Logcat with GSM enabled:
pastebin.com/A1V0hZ2P

Herese is my logcat (E-Plus Germany) calls are working, mobile data doesn't work.
http://pastebin.com/EvWRuxsz

Thanks, now can you do provide me with a full logcat from boot please. Switch it off, then back on and wait until the lock screen comes on and the screen times out and switches off.

(not the command from above, just a regular adb logcat)

Reactions: Kaerper

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011

The problem is a CyanogenMod problem. Someone has already submitted some patches recently, I've tested them and they work fine so they should be merged very soon.

ScripterJR

Feb 22, 2011
I encounter a pretty annoying bug with outgoing/incoming calls. I cannot hang up after the phone after the conversation. I get a a blackscreen. When the other person at the other end hangs up the sound comes on to say call has been disconnected. After this, you cannot use your phone. pushing and holding the power key only makes your buttons (on the phone) flash. You have to remove battery and reboot in order to fix the problem.

Nightly: #1.

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011

Hmm nothing funny there either. I'll need to see the logcat of the radio again but from boot (1st command again). It scrolls pretty quick sometimes so try to get it all from the very beginning.

edit - this might be easier:
Code:
adb logcat -b radio > logcat.txt

switch the phone off, run the command BEFORE you switch the phone on (it'll say waiting for device) then switch the phone on and wait until you see the lock screen. you won't see anything on the screen, it saves it all to the logcat.txt file.

press ctrl + C to quit adb and paste the content of the file

Last edited:

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011
I encounter a pretty annoying bug with outgoing/incoming calls. I cannot hang up after the phone after the conversation. I get a a blackscreen. When the other person at the other end hangs up the sound comes on to say call has been disconnected. After this, you cannot use your phone. pushing and holding the power key only makes your buttons (on the phone) flash. You have to remove battery and reboot in order to fix the problem.

Nightly: #1.

The proximity sensor driver needed updating in the kernel, it's already fixed and will be in Nightly #2. However there is a fix, plug the phone in to charge and it comes back to life!

J

Jrhodes85

Is this going to stay on new baseband? I just don't see the need in upgrading baseband if mobile data doesn't work

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Добро пожаловать, друзья! Welcome, Friends! आपका स्वागत है, दोस्तों! Benvenuti, amici!
    Bem-vindos, amigos! Ласкаво просимо, друзі! Bine ati venit, prieteni! 欢迎 朋友们
    Vítejte, přátelé! chào đón, bạn bè! Willkommen, Freunde! Bienvenidos, amigos!

in7kew.jpg

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
    The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

Changelog
    [I'm not going to provide my own changelog as all updates to CM7.2 are minor bugfixes only...]

Other necessary files: Google Apps (Also available in ROMManager)

night·ly /ˈnaɪtli/
    adj.
    1. Of or pertaining to the night, or to every night; happening or done by night, or every night.
    2. A Fresh CyanogenMod ROM automatically built with the newest available code, usually compiled at night. Often contains many bugs.

This is the place to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies. Feel free to talk about anything related to these ROMS, but to receive acknowledgement by a developer of any problems you find, the following conditions should be met:
    • Use the stock CyanogenMod kernel
    • Do not overclock
    • Use the default system apps (launcher etc.)
    • Do not use apps2sd or similar
    Before posting a problem you should:
    • Check the posts below for a solution / fix
    • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
    • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there
    • Wait 24 hours for the next nightly, the devs probably already know about it
    If the problem still persists after the next nighlty appears and all the above steps have been followed, post your problem and we'll see if there is something we can do. Please include the following information:
    • Which Nightly you are running
    • Which Nightly the bug first appeared (if known)
    • *Confirm Stock Everything* (shows that you have read all the above)
    • Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (add a screenshot if it helps)

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you need to upgrade to the new baseband. This improves 3G signal and battery life. There are many guides on how to do this so just have a quick look around, or even watch a video on Youtube.

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

All APN problems related to 'funny SIMs' have been fixed, please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.
    Major improvements include:
    • New baseband support
    • Better 3G Reception
    • .35 kernel support (only)
    • Offline charging
    • Quicker GPS lock
    • Smoother Accelerometers
    • Better 3G signal
    • Better battery life
    • CyanogenMod Updates
    I noticed its difficult to get the pop-up menu when I hold the power button down.

Hold the power button down until you feel it vibrate twice.

I'm getting an error when trying to turn wi-fi on after flashing the testing kernel and the last nightly.

The test kernel is a kernel only, none of the other included files came with it. If you flashed another kernel it won't work.

With screen on animation there are white noise before animation and when receive a call, need some time before i can answer.

You shouldn't really be enabling screen on animation, it's always been buggy for msm7x27 chips which is why it's disabled by default. But if it works, static is a small price to pay for a phone that doesn't reboot on an incoming call...

PS here's a KANG that includes the fixed kernel and fixed camera...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0di9g79ck80a0c
    Ok. As you know, init is the first process after kernel started. Init parse /init.rc and /init.[device_name].rc and execute early-init action in it. Ueventd is one of the very first services started by the default init.rc. It proceeds to read its main configuration files, /ueventd.rc and /ueventd.[device_name].rc, replays all kernel uevents (i.e. hotplug events), and then proceeds on to wait, listening for all future uevents. Kernel uevents are delivered to ueventd through a netlink socket, a common way for certain kernel functionality to communicate with user-space tools and daemons. [device_name] we get from "androidboot.hardware" kernel commad line - in our case it "thunderg" (look BoardConfig.mk). In early builds we got file /uevent.thunder.rc , after typo fix we have /uevent.thunderg.rc and have problem with /dev permissions - ril, sensor, gpu not work. Download latest nightly, flash, then apply patch in attachment - and manual network selection was work :fingers-crossed:
    Finally audio with headphones is fixed!

I spent ages looking for a way to enable the microphone with stereo output, then I realized I can just detect if we are in a call or not and swich to mono with working mic :rolleyes:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14710/

EDIT: here is an unofficial build to play with

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b933wa09351rjv

changelog: 'stuff' is fixed ;)