Which Sense ROM?

Search This thread

binaryhat

Aug 4, 2010
I was using Skyraider now I'm on CM7. Want to use a ROM that's solid on battery and bloat free. CM7 is nice but I miss the Sense UI.

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
I'm currently running Ice Cream Senseless. (Was on several variants of aosp ics but I got tired of the bugs and the camera issues). I've found it to be very stable and bloat-free. Of course as a Senseless rom it makes every attempt to be sense-free in appearance, which was appealing to me, but probably not what you're going for. As it's based on Ice Cream Sense, maybe that would be a good one to try if you want a more Sense-y UI.

Bettery life is very good, especially when using the latest Gingertiny kernel. With the kernel has come some random reboots for me, usually after about 30 hours uptime. I've had over 100 hours uptime with no issues whatsoever on the stock kernel, so I'm pretty sure the kernel is causing the reboots. Hopefully I can figure out a way around the reboots because I really like the better battery life and the ability to undervolt with Incredicontrol.

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
W
I'm currently running Ice Cream Senseless. (Was on several variants of aosp ics but I got tired of the bugs and the camera issues). I've found it to be very stable and bloat-free. Of course as a Senseless rom it makes every attempt to be sense-free in appearance, which was appealing to me, but probably not what you're going for. As it's based on Ice Cream Sense, maybe that would be a good one to try if you want a more Sense-y UI.

Bettery life is very good, especially when using the latest Gingertiny kernel. With the kernel has come some random reboots for me, usually after about 30 hours uptime. I've had over 100 hours uptime with no issues whatsoever on the stock kernel, so I'm pretty sure the kernel is causing the reboots. Hopefully I can figure out a way around the reboots because I really like the better battery life and the ability to undervolt with Incredicontrol.

Pull /proc/last_kmsg after your next reboot. I can't diagnose if I don't know about it.

And post in the kernel thread as I will more likely see it.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: musical_chairs

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
Thanks tiny4579, I'll post it in the kernel thread soon. Can't just yet, 10 post rule for new members....

Sorry binaryhat for the O.T... Gingertiny kernels really are excellent, essential really if you want to get the most out of a sense rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    W

Pull /proc/last_kmsg after your next reboot. I can't diagnose if I don't know about it.

And post in the kernel thread as I will more likely see it.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2