[MOD] Add auto-correct to Samsung Keyboard and shorten long-press delay

Search This thread

spiff72

Apr 14, 2006
VZW version?

Attached is the APK from the VZW version of CleanROM 4.0.5 ACE. I ASSUME that this is a deodexed ROM. Can this be modded to work for the VZW Note 2?

Thanks!

EDIT: NOTE - this is NOT a modded version of the APK with the autocorrect fixed. I only posted this from the above mentioned VZW ROM in the hopes that someone with the know-how to do it might be able to mod this one for us VZW customers!

Attachments

• SamsungIME.apk
    7.2 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Nuvolaz

Dec 19, 2012
Attached is the APK from the VZW version of CleanROM 4.0.5 ACE. I ASSUME that this is a deodexed ROM. Can this be modded to work for the VZW Note 2?

Thanks!

Now I see that this is the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II Forum (I was on tapatalk)...I have a n7100 Note 2 with the 4.1.2

It's for that I have problems?

Sorry for my noob question :crying:

lehoi79

Mar 22, 2010
VA
Now I see that this is the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II Forum (I was on tapatalk)...I have a n7100 Note 2 with the 4.1.2

It's for that I have problems?

Sorry for my noob question :crying:

yeah, OP said this is only for Sprint Deodexed Note 2. Hopefully OP will make one for ATT or Intl version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Nuvolaz

netzer119

Dec 10, 2008
I wish this would work for me :( im on projectrom deoxed and tried everything! Permissions, clear cache blah blah but just keeps fc!! Could it be the lk8?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Devi0124

Dec 1, 2010
Possibly. .. I'm in lk8 stock rooted deodexed and it doesn't work.

I wish this would work for me :( im on projectrom deoxed and tried everything! Permissions, clear cache blah blah but just keeps fc!! Could it be the lk8?

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
Hey all, this is my first mod, but it was driving me crazy that the stock samsung keyboard didn't support auto-correct - and the timeout delay was way too long.

I'm working on an auto-patcher in the next couple of days.

EDIT:
I attached the APK: /system/app/
Make sure to set the proper permissions, then reboot.

The code changed is below

Here's a first stab at fixing both, would love some feedback.

1. To change the long press delay

In PointerTracker:
Code:
        ###################################################
# Change the long press delay to 200ms from 500ms #
    .line 498
    const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 499
    .local v0, delay:I
    packed-switch p1, :pswitch_data_0

.line 504
    const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 507
    :goto_0
    int-to-long v1, v0

return-wide v1

.line 501
    :pswitch_0
    const/16 v0, 0xc8

2. To add auto-correct

In SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule
Code:
    .line 312
    :cond_3

##################################################
# Add support for auto-correct on word separator # 
#check if the user has entered text
    iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
    invoke-virtual {v7}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->length()I
    move-result v7
    if-lez v7, :cond_10

iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;
    iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
    invoke-interface {v7, v8, v9}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getCharSequence(Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;I)I
invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->updateSuggestion()V
invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->setComposingText()V
# End support for auto-correct on word separator #

#move clearCandidateList from beginning of processWordSeparator to after we do correct
   :cond_10
    invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->clearCandidateList()V

#code below is not changed - just for reference
    iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;

iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mCandidates:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-interface {v7, v8}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getSuggestion(Ljava/util/ArrayList;)I

.line 313

Hi. Is there any way to install this as a 3rd party keyboard? I am not rooted, nor do I want to root at the moment. Would it be possible to make an installable version via apk? Thanks for your hard work. ^_^

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Delete the odex file

I couldn't get this working to save my life so finally i decided to pull the .odex file left over from the original stock file and now auto correct works perfectly thank you so much for this!

kaerlighed

Jun 15, 2009
Could you please explain what pulling the odex file means? I would like to try doing that but I don't know how. Many thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

mexiking713

Sep 2, 2010
Houston, TX
Can anybody make this work on LK8 or guide me on how to make the changes in the LK8 keyboard? Total noob when it comes to editing files but I can give it a shot.

evo_like

Nov 19, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for this modded keyboard. Seems to be working like a champ so far. :D
Real life testing starts tomorrow,and from what I can tell - I think this will hold it's own quite nicely.
Thanks again.

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Could you please explain what pulling the odex file means? I would like to try doing that but I don't know how. Many thanks.

In the folder system/app/ where you put the samsungime.apk is samsungime.odex just remove that and the keyboard should work fine if you're having problems, it did for me at least now works like a champ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all, this is my first mod, but it was driving me crazy that the stock samsung keyboard didn't support auto-correct - and the timeout delay was way too long.

I'm working on an auto-patcher in the next couple of days.

EDIT:
    I attached the APK: /system/app/
    Make sure to set the proper permissions, then reboot.

The code changed is below

Here's a first stab at fixing both, would love some feedback.

1. To change the long press delay

In PointerTracker:
    Code:
    	# Change the long press delay to 200ms from 500ms #
        .line 498
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 499
        .local v0, delay:I
        packed-switch p1, :pswitch_data_0

.line 504
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 507
        :goto_0
        int-to-long v1, v0

return-wide v1

.line 501
        :pswitch_0
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

2. To add auto-correct

In SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule
    Code:
        .line 312
        :cond_3

# Add support for auto-correct on word separator # 
    	#check if the user has entered text
        iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
        invoke-virtual {v7}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->length()I
        move-result v7
        if-lez v7, :cond_10

iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
        invoke-interface {v7, v8, v9}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getCharSequence(Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;I)I
    	invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->updateSuggestion()V
    	invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->setComposingText()V
    	# End support for auto-correct on word separator #

#move clearCandidateList from beginning of processWordSeparator to after we do correct
       :cond_10
        invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->clearCandidateList()V

#code below is not changed - just for reference	

iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mCandidates:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-interface {v7, v8}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getSuggestion(Ljava/util/ArrayList;)I

.line 313
    Op here, glad this is still working! I should get a GS4 soon and will make a more generic version for all Galaxy variants

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    Care to share it?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

See the post a few above yours.

Found this link to a working stock keyboard with auto correct for ma7 I've been using it all day and haven't had a single problem just loving my auto correct! =D so anyways go to
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110841 and click spoiler in the op at the bottom of the list is the keyboard for sprint. It says to flash it but I just unzipped the zip file and manually moved the apk to system/app and deleted the .odex file. If I helped at all please thank me =)

Found this link to a working stock keyboard with auto correct for ma7 I've been using it all day and haven't had a single problem just loving my auto correct! =D so anyways go to
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110841 and click spoiler in the op at the bottom of the list is the keyboard for sprint. It says to flash it but I just unzipped the zip file and manually moved the apk to system/app and deleted the .odex file. If I helped at all please thank me =)

This is the keyboard from deodexed international 4.1.2

http://db.tt/Xy3xGJbk

Hope you can make one for us.