FYI about putting your phone in water...

Search This thread

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
I decided to test my phone in a sink of water tonight. It is still on and working fine. Typing this on it. However, the speaker is now jacked. It's cracky sounding and very low volume when turned all the way up. Really freaking sucks. ..taking in for exchange in the morning.

I wondered what woukd happen with headphone jack and speaker...now you know.

Last edited:

brazcub

Oct 1, 2008
Winthrop, WA
That's probably because there's water in the speaker, but doesn't mean it's damaged. Have you tried waiting until it's dry?

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
I'll give it to the morning and see how it sounds. ..i just did it an hour ago.

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
Yeah, glad reply one answered that so other new people know not to bother with returns.

yooeee

Feb 22, 2008
Tucson
I decided to test my phone in a sink of water tonight. It is still on and working fine. Typing this on it. However, the speaker is now jacked. It's cracky sounding and very low volume when turned all the way up. Really freaking sucks. ..taking in for exchange in the morning.

I wondered what woukd happen with headphone jack and speaker...now you know.

You should probably change the topic now...

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
I'll do that later. Phone is 100% again. I was worried. Speaker sounded like crap.

Last edited:

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
Water test on day one? You're brave. VZW won't replace if there's water damage. I had the Casio Commando, that was built to be waterproof, that somehow got water damage, and they wouldn't replace it.

Sent from your mom's smartphone

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
I have the full equipment insurance. It should cover anything. I've always wanted a waterproof phone. Had to try it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I woke up this morning and the speaker was fine. Guess it just needs time to dry.