[Q] Trying to root and I'm stck, Odin can't see the .tar.md5 file

Search This thread

Seleuco

Mar 3, 2014
Hi guys, I'm trying to root by following this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2147852&highlight=root

So I downloaded everything from the links given there (Odin 3.04 and the cmw file. However when I'm on step 9

9- press the PDA button and select the unziped file from step (1)

I click on PDA and the cmw file doesn't show in the location I left it. I tried moving it to desktop but doesn't work either. Any ideas please?

Thanks a lot

Seleuco

Mar 3, 2014
No, I hadn't, see here I'm confused. Step 1 says unzip, but Step 9 says select unzipped file, so which should it be?
To decide, I did a little research and found out Odin should open .tar and .tar.md5 files directly, so I figured it wasn't necessary to unzip.

Anyway it doesn't find it either way, I just tried unzipping but I can't find the .img file with Odin either =/ What am I doing wrong?

Seleuco

Mar 3, 2014
.rsrc folder

One more thing, when I try to open the Downloads folder where I left the .tar file, all I can see through Odin is this .rsrc folder that apears to be empty.

Seleuco

Mar 3, 2014
Solved!

Thank you both, I figured it out! I know it's dumb...but I didn't realize you had to run everything in Administrator mode (apparently). I tried this and it worked, it seems I was running Odin as Admin but in a non-Admin account and the files were hidden or something...

Anyway, sorry to bother you with my dumb question, but I hope this can help another dumb noob like me!

I'm ridiculously happy with my brand new CM 11 now, time to play with it! :D:D:D

Reactions: definitelyjoe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved!

Thank you both, I figured it out! I know it's dumb...but I didn't realize you had to run everything in Administrator mode (apparently). I tried this and it worked, it seems I was running Odin as Admin but in a non-Admin account and the files were hidden or something...

Anyway, sorry to bother you with my dumb question, but I hope this can help another dumb noob like me!

I'm ridiculously happy with my brand new CM 11 now, time to play with it! :D:D:D