Play store works

Search This thread

sublimnl

Dec 28, 2009
I have this same issue. Did you ever find out a solution?

I had to turn off two factor authentication on my google account. Not sure why but it worked fine with two factor on my first FTV but my second FTV could not deal with two factor.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

disorder78

Jul 24, 2012
MC4 & 5

Does MC4 from the Play Store work on the Fire TV? I don't want to have to re buy this game from the Amazon Store. If anyone can test MC5 as well that would be great! :cowboy:

disorder78

Jul 24, 2012
That's good to hear. I still unsure if I should get a Nexus Player or Fire TV. OUYA right now is not for me, so It's really hard to decide.

Last edited:

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
hey guys I have small issue installed playstore, logged on etc.. fine but whatever I tro to install nothing happens, same with updating apps.

after update it tries to but then fails.

Any tips?

raz5652

Nov 5, 2012
Is this method only for rooted FTV or can i follow the guide and install Play store on unrooted? I have read the thread, but didnt find the answer.

sirxdroid

Nov 21, 2012
I had to turn off two factor authentication on my google account. Not sure why but it worked fine with two factor on my first FTV but my second FTV could not deal with two factor.

Having the same problem with a Google hosted apps account and 2-factor auth enabled. I cannot get past the login screen even though I do type the correct un/passwd combo. I'm not willing to turn off 2-factor auth and setting up a different account just for this is not the answer either as I'd like to use apps that I bought under my main account.
Any ideas?

d1dd1

Oct 15, 2010
Having the same problem with a Google hosted apps account and 2-factor auth enabled. I cannot get past the login screen even though I do type the correct un/passwd combo. I'm not willing to turn off 2-factor auth and setting up a different account just for this is not the answer either as I'd like to use apps that I bought under my main account.
Any ideas?

Did you try AppPasswords?
https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords

Reactions: sirxdroid

funnypanks

Aug 10, 2013
Thanks, this guide worked perfectly. Only thing to add is that the google file names needed to be changed to remove spaces for it to install through ADB for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I got play store working following the instructions for HDXposed on the fire hdx tablet here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618158

and installing google services / apps based on these instructions:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787813

combined with instructions here on how to set xbmc as the default launcher:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2786618

and the ability with amber xbmc skin to run android apps from the homescreen (including KFTV Launcher) this is finally shaping up to some goodness.
    Thanks, reinstall apks using adb fix the problem. However, a lot of apps show not compatible.

this is sort of fixed by using the app Market Helper, you set the program to spoof the nexus 7 tablet, and while i still am getting app not compatible on the ftv.. if i visit the play store from my PC it does in fact think the ftv is a nexus 7 and i can install any apps without issue.

EDIT, it must just take a few minutes to update on googles end, play store fully open and working with the above fix and the APP market helper located here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2146216

nexus 7 is working good for me.
    confirmed working for me, i just followed the instructions in the Second Link posted above only, play store is functioning normally with paid apps showing and installing properly.
    Worked like a charm. Here is a full guide with screenshots every step for those who need it:

How to install the Google Play Store on the Amazon Fire TV - Step by step guide with screenshots
    Guys, I was wondering if this works with latest firmware, I tired to reinstall the 4 apps multiple times and apps install fine, but when i click on install in the playstore, nothing will happen, I have installed hdxposed module as well by the way
    Thanks

Yes it works with the latest update. I originally could not get it to work as it always said no connection. After some searching around i saw that fire tablet users doing this had to add gmail to activate the terms acknowledgment. After installing all the playstore files, i install gmail next and now its working. Could be coincidence, but it's working.

Unfortunately, until someone can fix the compatibility issue it's a pain to find apps/games that will install. So for me, it's still easier to side load, especially with the FTV side app installer here on XDA. One good thing about installing playstore is you can sideload your paid games and they will work (well they'll start, whether or not it's compatible with firetv is another thing).