Link to Stock HTC Hero ROM

Search This thread

runsoverfrogs

Nov 9, 2009
it connects to my phone then waits for boot loader, then it says that its not connected anymore

okay guys I ran into this problem last night too, i was using win 7 64bit..

here's how i resolved it

1) install htc sync, it will error in the middle, but let it finish anyway.

2) find the 64 bit or 32 bit drivers for htc sync, i found them googling around.

when you do, extract these into the drivers folder under c:program files blah blah \htc\drivers

link to the drivers http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/08/24/workaround-for-htc-hero-sync-problem-in-windows-7/

3) go to your device manager, find the android... for now it might say something android bootloader... that's the problem, right click on it, choose to update the drivers... now you want to specify the folder, so point it to the drivers folder you extracted the drivers into in step 2.

it should detect and install the drivers.....

the android bootloader will change to say My HTC

3) now start the RUU, it should find the phone, as long as you're in fastboot mode usb on the phone..

Last edited:

fullthrottleenergy

Jun 14, 2009
Thanks guys.

I finally got it working but using my brothers 32bit lappy with Win 7.

Downloaded htc sync first and everything installed perfectly. Hooked my phone up and it synced up immediately. When you start flashing and it says finding bootloader Windows actually installs another driver. That didn't happen so it kept waiting for boot loader and gave an error each time.

Reason why I flashed back is because I think the stock hero rom + the update is the best bet. Very fast and it just works.

edit: RUU is the link in hte first post. Don't know exactly why it's called RUU but it's just like a package that contains everything. Just double click and follow the directions.

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
I finally got mine to start the RUU recovery but it appears stuck at the "Waiting for Bootloader...." screen... the HTC logo is up on my phone... does say it will take about 10m but doesn't seem to be doing anything...

*Edit*
Got tired of waiting, unplugged it, pulled battery, force closed RUU program, restarted both and appears to be working. Saweeet!

Last edited:

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
Does anyone know if a RUU with the newest ROM with the MR update has been released?

5tr4t4

Nov 8, 2009
Stock ROM in .zip

Does anyone have the stock ROM as a .zip for Linux and OSX users?

atoy74

Oct 22, 2007
okay guys I ran into this problem last night too, i was using win 7 64bit..

here's how i resolved it

1) install htc sync, it will error in the middle, but let it finish anyway.

2) find the 64 bit or 32 bit drivers for htc sync, i found them googling around.

when you do, extract these into the drivers folder under c:program files blah blah \htc\drivers

link to the drivers http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/08/24/workaround-for-htc-hero-sync-problem-in-windows-7/

3) go to your device manager, find the android... for now it might say something android bootloader... that's the problem, right click on it, choose to update the drivers... now you want to specify the folder, so point it to the drivers folder you extracted the drivers into in step 2.

it should detect and install the drivers.....

the android bootloader will change to say My HTC

3) now start the RUU, it should find the phone, as long as you're in fastboot mode usb on the phone..

I can confirm these steps. Follow them to the letter and you'll be fine.

EarDoc

Nov 27, 2009
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a RUU and how do you run it? I followed the instructions to get the FASTBOOT USB up, but what do I do after that. I have the same problem where I can't get the HTC HERO update. I currently have 1.22. Let me know any advice you can give me.

Also, I have a Mac computer. So help with that would be good as well. Thanks!

Last edited:

heero884

Jun 10, 2007
Out of curiosity is this the ROM I would flash if I want to revert to 100% stock? This would be good to know if Sprint ever releases a 2.1 firmware since I'm using a custom ROM at the moment.