[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5**EE4 based

Search This thread

devanmc

May 23, 2011
Kalamazoo
my most important question before i flash this(as it obviously works). does it come with the background pictured :D

Last edited:

devanmc

May 23, 2011
Kalamazoo
ISSUE, tried this and decided to go back to "stock" for the time being. went into clockworkmod and restored the back from just before the flashing of this rom. now the phone boots into stock recovery and shows command line reading

bootmode=7 from cmdline...

movi_check Start..!!
checksum confirmation need_checksum[0]
not need chechsum confirmation

movi_check already executed!!..

movi_checking done!...
# MANUAL MODE #

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
ISSUE, tried this and decided to go back to "stock" for the time being. went into clockworkmod and restored the back from just before the flashing of this rom. now the phone boots into stock recovery and shows command line reading

movi_check Start..!!

movi_checking done!...
# MANUAL MODE #
this was not clockwork flashable, its not even a zip , i even posted 4 posts of directions and a troubleshooting section

im sorry this has happend, so it wont boot up at all?

devanmc

May 23, 2011
Kalamazoo
this was not clockwork flashable, its not even a zip , i even posted 4 posts of directions and a troubleshooting section

im sorry this has happend, so it wont boot up at all?

when you said not clockworkmod flashable i thought you ment i couldnt load it with CWM. i wasnt doing that i was trying to restore from this. :mad:

I installed this rom with odin as directed. it worked but i wanted to go back and wait till it worked better. so i went into CWM and restored to a backup i had from yesterday. thats when this problem happened.

I can still get into download mode. But not boot and im having issues booting into recovery. the botton combo(vol up and home) wont boot it into CWM

Last edited:

Manjews

Jun 21, 2010

movi_check Start..!!

movi_checking done!...
# MANUAL MODE #

From what I have been seeing the restore in recovery is not working correctly. Everyone that has posted about trying to do a restore has run into the same issue.

In fact I have yet to see anyone confirm that they got it to work.

I would highly recommend that unless you really know what your doing do not attempt a restore until we know what the issue is.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
when you said not clockworkmod flashable i thought you ment i couldnt load it with CWM. i wasnt doing that i was trying to restore from this. :mad:

I installed this rom with odin as directed. it worked but i wanted to go back and wait till it worked better. so i went into CWM and restored to a backup i had from yesterday. thats when this problem happened.

I can still get into download mode. But not boot and im having issues booting into recovery. the botton combo(vol up and home) wont boot it into CWM

Try flashing the downgrade package

devanmc

May 23, 2011
Kalamazoo
From what I have been seeing the restore in recovery is not working correctly. Everyone that has posted about trying to do a restore has run into the same issue.

In fact I have yet to see anyone confirm that they got it to work.

I would highly recommend that unless you really know what your doing do not attempt a restore until we know what the issue is.

its obviously to late for that so how do i fix it?

JKChad

Mar 29, 2010
US of A
just flashed and still broke.

Hey buddy, Hope you can have some patience and they figure out whats going on. You're about the 4-5, i'm included in that list, who have tried to restore using CWM and got that issue. There's not a fix for it at the moment. I basically wasted an upgrade and $250. It was a hard lesson learned, especially for me. What we need is a full odin restore package for the charge. This is not available yet. Good luck.

Edit: Also, did you have voodoo lag fix still enable when you created the first backup and also when you tried to restore?

Last edited:
Reactions: devanmc

Manjews

Jun 21, 2010
just flashed and still broke.

The issue you are dealing with is discussed in jts root/recovery thread in the development section. I would link it but I'm on my phone at work right now.

Sadly, I have yet to see any fix for it, but there were several other people who have had this issue. I suggest you try and contact them and see if they have any success.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

devanmc

May 23, 2011
Kalamazoo
The issue you are dealing with is discussed in jts root/recovery thread in the development section. I would link it but I'm on my phone at work right now.

Sadly, I have yet to see any fix for it, but there were several other people who have had this issue. I suggest you try and contact them and see if they have any success.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

i dont see it under the development section for this phone. what area are you refering too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THREAD INDEX:
    POST #1 = ROM info and download
    POST #2 = How to extract a compressed file
    POST #3 = Directions on flashing odin written and visual
    POST #4 = TroubleShooting
    POST #5 = Random post lol
    POST #5 = Credits

XDA, jt1134, nor myself are responsible for modification done to your phone. This includes, bricking, exploding, spontaneous combustion, or it running away with your significant other!!!

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO jt1134 FOR DEVELOPING THE FIRST VOODOO KERNEL. NOTE I WAS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS KERNEL.

PLEASE BE KIND THIS IS MY FIRST ROM

This Rom is SUPER ALPHA so do not tell me that you want this or that give me a chance to work on it please.
    [/quote]​
    [Note]

This ROM is fully Deodexed, but only Partially debloated as time goes on i will keep debloating deeper and deeper.

List of thing to do:

ED2 update
    Full Deodex
    Full Debloat
    Black Status Bar
    Dark themed Market
    Dark google search
    Change Colors on touchwiz theme (Work in progress but accomplished)
    Remove touchwiz launcher
    Replace Launcher (Launcher Pro for now)
    Quickboot app (to boot into clockwork)
    AOSP unlock screen (courtesy of nitsuj17)
    Accurate battery mod (courtesy of nitsuj17)
    Clockwork recovery (Modified by jt1134 )
    Voodoo ext4 lagfix (courtesty of jt1134)
    Themed Dialer
    Themed Swype
    Altered Beasts Themed Dock and Icons
    Transparent notification pull down
    Animated text notifications
    Power button boot options[/note]
    [INFO]THIS IS THE GOAL TO WHAT THIS ROM WILL LOOK LIKE, IT IS NOT THERE YET SO DONT ASK WHY IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THIS PLEASE
    device3.png
    device2.png
    device1.png

device4.png
    device5.png
    device6.png
    [/INFO]

For those that ask if there is lag

This is still an ALPHA build so please do not be to critical, it needs alot of themeing to be done and there is more i need to put on but i think everyone will be happy with the direction this is going with. This is inludes everything Striked off the list of things to include above.

After flashing it will boot right into clockwork, press power to reboot. Clearing cache partition and Dalvik is not a bad idea but if you dont it wont hurt anything.

[tip]If you do not already have voodoo installed boot time should be 5-7 mins do not panic just be patient.[/tip]

DOWNLOAD Altered Beast voodoo+cwm here:

Code:
    Altered Beast Alpha 5 (to be flashed in CWM) this does not contain a kernel but is a full system flash not a patch

Change log 6/20
    Hulu (on boot, before you sign into google, go to settings privacy and make sure auto restore is not checked. Also make sure flash doesnt update)
    voodoo control app
    alot of themeing by gunner and myself
    new tv shutdown animation that i modded up
    charging fixed
    aosp launcher themed up by me
    Teamnew widget added
    Androphile wallpapers added
    icons added to /system/icons may need ES explorer or root explorer to get to them

For those of you who dont know how to use clockwork there is plenty of info on this site, otherwise wait till tonight or tomorrow and i will be opening a new altered beast thread as this one is cluttered[/code][/CODE]

Change log: 5/27
    Clock fixed
    Voice input fixed
    Partially themed
    Flying windows added

Change log:5/26

Calendar fixed
    Visual voicemail fixed
    Dark Angel USB mod made
    Carbon fiber quickpanel added

Hulu Patch: (Flash with clockwork)
    AlteredBeast_Hulu_patch.zip

apks :(move to /system/app folder then reboot your device)
    Calendarprovider.apk
    VVMservices.apk
    DeskCradle.apk
    GoogleCalendarsyncAdapter.apk To fix Calendar problems
    To install ODIN packages on your device
    1.Download and install drivers on your computer HERE
    2. Next you will need to download the Altered Beast zip file from post #1 which will be extracted and placed in the PDA section of ODIN:
    3.) You will need to download the ODIN application tool found here ODIN or ODIN MIRROR
    4) Extract the Altered Beast zip file to get the .tar.md5 file
    5.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
    6.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
    7.) Remove battery from phone.
    8.) Launch ODIN on PC.
    9.) Plug USB cable into phone.
    10.) Plug your Droid Charge into the PC via the USB cable that came with your phone.
    11.) Press and hold the volume down key until (approx 3 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle on your phone, and your phone will be in download mode. The first thin rectangle in the upper left of the ODIN applicate should also turn yellow and identify a com port. You can now release the volume key.

12.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell. :mad::mad:

13.) Find and double click on the Altered Beast .tar.md5 file you downloaded & click the Start button. (This should take approx 3 to 6mins)
    14.) Phone will power down when finished.
    15.) Close ODIN, remove USB cable from phone, reinsert battery, power on phone and let ROM fully load.
    [TIP]It may boot into stock recovery simply Press the home button to reboot
    It is also advised to wipe cache partition while you are in recovery [/TIP]

******************************************************************************************************************************************
    [INFO]Visual Instructions [/INFO]
    First you must download
    Odin v1.3

Once odin is downloaded open it, its an executable file so when you open it you will see the following :

1tut-1.png

Once this is up, do the following
    -Remove the battery from your Device
    -Plug in the USB cord
    -Hold down the Volume Down button until you see a big bright triangle on your screen , underneath it will say Downloading and beneath that it will say Do not turn off target
    Samsung_Galaxy_S_Download_Mode.jpg

At this point you will see one of the boxes in the corner turn yellow, letting you know there is a connection, it will look like this
    5tut-1.png

after you are connected you want to hit the PDA button, NEVER PHONE, phone will erase your modem and you will have trouble connecting after that at all.
    2tut-1.png

when you click the PDA button a pop up will appear and you will need to select the file you would like to flash and then click open

6tut.png

now you will see the file appear in the PDA window ,, with connection made and the file in the PDA window, you may now hit Start

5tut-3.png

Once you hit start this process Should take approx. 5 mins if you are returning to stock . shouldnt take any less time than that and not much more. So dont start freaking out at min 2...(wait till min 7) lol

If you are flashing a Clockworkmod file it should take approx 7seconds.

once it is completed you should see the following window:

4tut.png

Once you have reached this screen it is safe to unplug , put your battery in and boot up..
    Trouble Shooting

Odin application displays one of the following in message box OR Odin is locking up in the middle of the process
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    Resolution
    90% of problems associated with Odin are due to communication between phone and computer

• Reboot your computer
    • Redownload the odin package
    • Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use a different port
    • Make sure you did not forget to remove battery from phone (Should be out the ENTIRE process)
    • make sure Odin is the only application running and Antivirus is DISABLED
    • If you are using a laptop make sure its plugged in also find the nearest desktop and try from there
    ****************************************************************************
    After failed flash with odin upon power up the following is depicted on the screen

SOFT BRICK
    Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg

Resolution
    First off DO NOT PANIC. there is a simple solution, just remove the battery , plug the phone into the computer, press and hold volume down and it will enter download mode. Please review all the steps oulined in this thread and try and flash again
    There is an updated version over in AC, when i get a chance i will repost it here but i just got to work,
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/cha...beast-alpha-v2-voodoo-clockwork-ed2-root.html

i changed the background in the panel to Carbon fiber but its still dark you may or may not like it Calculator is back but i accidently removed the clock so ill have to address that.

oh and be sure to check out the dark angel USB mount
    how do you get all 4 of the icons on the bottom? I only got the two and can't seem to get the other two to do down by three at bottom?

I believe this is what I call a dead build... no longer supported...try gummycharge Fe 1.91 it rocks

SENT FROM THE DOG POUND