[Q] Problem with the "Space" in the Contact Names

Search This thread

ganeshskanade

Mar 13, 2014
Bangalore
Can anybody help me to fix the serious problem I am facing across all the android phones I used and using so far.

The problem begun when I switched over from My lovely Nokia N82 to Samsung Galaxy Y Duos.
I took back up the contacts in .csv format and restored contacts in Samsung phone but when I went to use the search option in android contacts, it was not displaying the searched contact although which exists in the list, but when I scrolled down to the respective alphabet it is visible.

Secondly I used to save the names in below format--

XX YYYYYY ZZZZ where XX is company name, YYYYY is person name and ZZZZ stands for his dept.

when I restored the backed up contacts from .csv file I noticed that XX is in first name, YYYY is in middle name and ZZZZ in last name.

And also when I went to save a new contact, I gave the same format in the First Name but when finally contact is saved & when I re-opened in edit mode I noticed that it again saved to its default format viz. XX is in first name, YYYY is in middle name and ZZZZ in last name.

And in some cases it went to prefix fields.

I assume that every android user facing this problem, when I googled regarding this subject but there is no solution available in net.

I dont want use any extra special character between my format as I got used to the format since long.

Anybody any help???

Last edited: