Optimus G E975 (Kit Kat 4.4.2 ) Sling Rom 2.1 -- Install Instructions UPDATED

Search This thread

Ahmed Xperia p

Nov 25, 2012
Islamabad
excellent but i would rather say it's pointless when you already have screen time out settings

knock on feature is what should have been there to bring the screen up without pressing the power button...

Well said , knock on is more fun and utility but knock off also reduces stress from power button . :)

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Brontok

Jun 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
i will include patch for vdt rom, you can flash it without any problems, i`ve removed "modem" and modem line from the updater-script..

now you can charge you phone while its being turned off.. working 100%

check the first page for download link

edit: here it is http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/44851089/file.html

just wipe cache and dalvik cache before and after the installation

Last edited:

spytgm

Mar 25, 2013
Athens
hi i have an f180l converted to e975 whith stock jb rom and f180l jb baseband,i still need to flash the patch?

Brontok

Jun 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
patch is not obligatory. but if u dont flash it than be sure to install freegee and unlock your bootloader or else you will end up with a bootlop. if some1 has already flashed rom and applied the patch afterward and cannot flash anything through new recovery than just do the same.install cwm through freegee and its all good

Sent from my LG-F180S using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: spytgm

spytgm

Mar 25, 2013
Athens
patch is not obligatory. but if u dont flash it than be sure to install freegee and unlock your bootloader or else you will end up with a bootlop. if some1 has already flashed rom and applied the patch afterward and cannot flash anything through new recovery than just do the same.install cwm through freegee and its all good

ok i follow all the instactions including the patch
ooooo i forgot 2 ask is the rom good?any problems?knock on,off guest mode?
thanks in advance

Last edited:

Brontok

Jun 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
this rom doesnt have knock off and slide but its been great for me..zero bugs so far.. speed demon. no lag at all.good battery life. lots of themes and network modes.

huy_gm

May 27, 2012
Sai Gon
this rom doesnt have knock off and slide but its been great for me..zero bugs so far.. speed demon. no lag at all.good battery life. lots of themes and network modes.

Just to inform you, vdt rom is a long run project that has started since ics age for lgog, own by a Vietnamese guy at LgViet.com forum, not a korean one. @vandieutot is his nickname in this forum.

Reactions: Brontok

Brontok

Jun 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Just to inform you, vdt rom is a long run project that has started since ics age for lgog, own by a Vietnamese guy at LgViet.com forum, not a korean one. @vandieutot is his nickname in this forum.

thanks man.. I`ve sent him a message.. I asked hoangnova to create a new thread because I thought that he`s the creator of this rom.. its all written in vietnamese so I didn`t understand quite good.. now i`ve given all credits to vandieutot, of course.

Reactions: huy_gm

MaRkuS_538

Sep 28, 2012
I'm now on Kitkat powered by LG! Yeah! I did all, flashed Sling Rom, but it didn't boot! But I had one of the first KK roms with all korean stuff etc., but it's running!
Great instructions, thanks!

Gesendet von meinem LG-F180K mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Brontok

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
After one brick and KDZ updater finally made it, working like charm, restoring my data to internal.

Blagodarim rodjace!!!

howaboudno

Nov 6, 2013
After one brick and KDZ updater finally made it, working like charm, restoring my data to internal.

Blagodarim rodjace!!!

How did you update through KDZ? I can't seem to get it working..
I've tried every single method :(

By the way I've also lost my network connection and can't recover the efs with my backups whatsoever, please help :'(

Last edited:
Reactions: n0t0riouz

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
How did you update through KDZ? I can't seem to get it working..
I've tried every single method :(

By the way I've also lost my network connection and can't recover the efs with my backups whatsoever, please help :'(

It didn't work for me also, but I managed to get it working (the one from the OP) when I bricked the phone (I forgot to wipe data after installation, so I couldn't even get to bootloader menu).

howaboudno

Nov 6, 2013
It didn't work for me also, but I managed to get it working (the one from the OP) when I bricked the phone (I forgot to wipe data after installation, so I couldn't even get to bootloader menu).

How did you manage to get your phone to work again? because I have the same problem right now.
I would appreciate it if you could explain carefully bc after 12 hours of trying to figure this out I need something simple :(

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel
How did you manage to get your phone to work again? because I have the same problem right now.
I would appreciate it if you could explain carefully bc after 12 hours of trying to figure this out I need something simple :(

if youve got no mobile network or wifi or bluetooth, try flashing a modem, ive had this in the past. Go here: http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem and download the correct modem for your phone and flash through recovery. btw, i dont even know what efs is, ive never backed it up or restored it

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

I'll try flashing this again tomorrow, third time lucky maybe?

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: alluebin

ag.kgb

Dec 5, 2013
Is it possible to disable "this" coming from downscreen? I think that bottom of the screen is less responsive because I often miss space :S

uploadfromtaptalk1401063685020.jpg

Last edited:

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel
Is it possible to disable "this" coming from downscreen? I think that bottom of the screen is less responsive cause I often miss space :S

View attachment 2763158

I know, not answering your question, sorry..but did you follow all the steps he put in the OP?

Sent from my iPad Mini (1st Gen) running iOS 7.1
HURRY UP JAILBREAK, STOCK IOS SUCKS

ag.kgb

Dec 5, 2013
I know, not answering your question, sorry..but did you follow all the steps he put in the OP?

Sent from my iPad Mini (1st Gen) running iOS 7.1
HURRY UP JAILBREAK, STOCK IOS SUCKS

No :D
Came from Paulicat's kk stock... Mako unlocked
Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache, flash rom and supersu and done! Boot successful

I didn't install freegee after that... No errors i think my bootloader stayed unlocked :S will try later to boot into recovery

Also ART doesn't work

Top Liked Posts