[Android 2.2+] MissedIt! -Text-based notifications for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Do you own a Peeble smartwatch?

• Yes, I already own it!

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • No, but I'm planning to buy one.

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, and I'm not interested.

Votes: 62 68.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

_jis_

Feb 5, 2012
I realize this was an older post, but I just experienced a similar problem on 4.4 - had Textra selected as my default SMS, and missed messages wouldn't register in the counter. If I changed the default SMS to stock android messaging, it picked them up. I made sure the listening events was checked, but no go. I had to add Textra as a monitored app and delete the missed messages entry and it started working. Calls and gmails worked fine.
I can confirm this behaviour with Textra and Missed it! 4.3 beta 2 too.
I noticed that it is investigated nearly for 9 months by developer: https://plus.google.com/110589031691310378791/posts/DpoZDAbqL7m

Last edited:

icanfly77

Aug 1, 2011
Just upgraded my Note 4 to 5.01 and MIssedIt! wont clear counters when I have the setting to clear on App Focus

Using along with Nova Launcher and I backed up and restored settings for both apps so I know they are both using the same settings as before. The problem is, I get the notification for the app. When I open it it is supposed to clear the count but it does not. So I have to go and force clear everytime.

It works ok If I have clear counter set to notification dismiss but I want it the other way so I can dismiss a notification but the app will still have the badge count there to remind me to open it later. Used to work on 4.4.4 was thinking is a Lollipop issue? But no one seems to be reporting. Upgraded to beta version too.. Still happening..

I do have Pushbullet installed but that wasnt even activated when the Missed count wasnt working.. Happening with all apps!! Wechat, Whatsapp etc.. anyone can advise??

Ta

Reactions: Eorl_

nickp27

Jul 18, 2013
Inbox by Gmail counter

I seem to be having a problem with my Inbox by Gmail counter with MissedIt and Nova Launcher. It was working accurately before but I lost my settings when I updated to lollipop. The counter now shows +1 whatever the real count is; for example if I have 1 email it shows 2 if I have 2 emails it shows 3. Has anyone else had this and knows a fix?

Eorl_

Apr 10, 2013
Just upgraded my Note 4 to 5.01 and MIssedIt! wont clear counters when I have the setting to clear on App Focus

Using along with Nova Launcher and I backed up and restored settings for both apps so I know they are both using the same settings as before. The problem is, I get the notification for the app. When I open it it is supposed to clear the count but it does not. So I have to go and force clear everytime.

It works ok If I have clear counter set to notification dismiss but I want it the other way so I can dismiss a notification but the app will still have the badge count there to remind me to open it later. Used to work on 4.4.4 was thinking is a Lollipop issue? But no one seems to be reporting. Upgraded to beta version too.. Still happening..

I do have Pushbullet installed but that wasnt even activated when the Missed count wasnt working.. Happening with all apps!! Wechat, Whatsapp etc.. anyone can advise??

Ta
Exactly the same problem, App Focus dismiss doesn't work at all. Must be very easy to fix....

crubioma

Jan 24, 2013
I try everything. Missed it doesnt work. Badges shows incorrect values, always the double (3 emails or whatsapp, missed it shows 6). Any solution? I try different solutions but nothing works. Android 5.0.2, Google Now Launcher and Xposed GEL settings.

Ty

kudos1uk

Feb 6, 2014
Ringwood
When I go to elements and add email, my gmail account is listed but when I tap my email address I get a message "Permission denied to access gmail accounts".

Edit, I was not getting Gmail notifications since upgrade to CM12.1 (5.1), as I can't set up email I set Gmail as an app instead, all is working fine now.
Still getting that message and can't set up email in settings but working fine as an app.

Maybe it's because I used nano Gapps and Gmail is not a system app but downloaded from play store?

Edit2, using Gmail as an app is giving all sorts of storage numbers, it was showing 333 new messages earlier when there were about 30. Is there anyway I can get Gmail badges working correctly?

Last edited:

ThaBadBoy

Feb 7, 2009
Cleveland, OH
When I go to elements and add email, my gmail account is listed but when I tap my email address I get a message "Permission denied to access gmail accounts".

Edit, I was not getting Gmail notifications since upgrade to CM12.1 (5.1), as I can't set up email I set Gmail as an app instead, all is working fine now.
Still getting that message and can't set up email in settings but working fine as an app.

Maybe it's because I used nano Gapps and Gmail is not a system app but downloaded from play store?

Edit2, using Gmail as an app is giving all sorts of storage numbers, it was showing 333 new messages earlier when there were about 30. Is there anyway I can get Gmail badges working correctly?

I had this same problem today after doing a device reset. I noticed that when Missed it gave me the error, the gmail app was installed but it was not set to sync. I set up the gmail sync, but missed it still gave me the same error. I then uninstalled Missed It and reinstalled, which got rid of the error for me. Hope it helps you or someone else.

kudos1uk

Feb 6, 2014
Ringwood
I had this same problem today after doing a device reset. I noticed that when Missed it gave me the error, the gmail app was installed but it was not set to sync. I set up the gmail sync, but missed it still gave me the same error. I then uninstalled Missed It and reinstalled, which got rid of the error for me. Hope it helps you or someone else.

Thanks for that, it also worked for me, I cleared all data and cache but did not help, I did what you did and everything back to normal.

I don't think this app liked being restored from a backup.

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Trying to get unread count badge on Xperia Z1c aosp MM. Doesn't seem like Missed It is being able to do it. Am I missing something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MissedIt!
    Text-based notification widget for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Link to the app on Google Play

Get information about the number of missed calls, unread SMS, unread e-mail messages and notifications from virtually any application a glance with this simple yet very customizable widget. You can use it with any lockscreen replacement app to access all this information without need to unlock your phone.

Missed It! must be enabled as an Accessibility Service to be able to receive application notifications ('Settings » Accessibility » Accessibility services'). If enabled and application notifications not detected, try disabling and then re-enabling.

Requirements
    • Android version 2.2 and up.

Features

• Reports number of missed calls, unread SMS and pending voicemails.
    • If you use Gmail or K-9 Mail, you can obtain the number of unread messages of each account individually. In the case of Gmail, you can also select which label to monitor.
    • Also reports notifications from any application that uses the notification bar to report events (including WhatsApp, Tweetdeck, e-mail clients, etc).
    • Customization of font and background color and transparency. Also font faces (can use fonts stored in external SD card) and styles (bold, italic, underline).
    • Customization of the layout (alignments, margins, etc).
    • Text messages can be customized to show whatever phrase you want.
    • Represent numbers as text.
    • Resizable widget on ICS. With previous Android versions, there are multiple widget sizes available (user can select which sizes appears in widget list).

-- PERMISSIONS USED --

READ_PHONE_STATE, to get the voicemail state.
    CALL_PHONE, to directly call to voicemail if there is any pending message.
    Hi all,

Missed It! has no received any update in weeks, but that not means I'm not working on it. I plan to release a new update (v3) before Christmas, featuring some important changes:

• Totally redesigned interface.
    • Support for multiple widgets, each of them with its custom configuration settings.
    • Better support to configure Accessibility Settings and detect configuration problems.

Also, the format for the output string will change. Until now, each monitored item used two different parameters/placeholders, one for the number of notifications and another for the description string ([param] and [param_str]). From now, there will be only one placeholder [param] for each monitored item. In the singular and plural forms editboxes, you will be able to enter different variables that will be replaced with their corresponding values.

As an example, for monitoring missed calls now you will use one placeholder [calls] and in it's configuration, the singular will look something similar to 'You have %c missed call' and the plural to 'You have %c missed calls'. When any of these string is displayed, the %c variable will be replaced with the current number of missed calls.

I think this change will add more flexibility when configuring each monitored element, an also the readability of the custom output string (removing too much [...] [...] items from it), but I need your opinions about this.

And at last (but not least), I've started to use the collaborative tool Crowdin.net to help with translations. If you are interested, you can join at http://crowdin.net/project/missed-it and help in the translation of the application to your language.
    Please, how do I fix this? I already set parameters, I thought, I just can't figure out how to make it work (it worked before the update).

Open the program settings
    Select - Output format
    Select - Accounts
    If you see nothing, hit the hard menu key and add your account(s)
    Select the account and click on parameter
    Remember this value or change it to something unique (example: Account1)

Go back once

Select - Customize

Now use the accounts value instead of mails

EXAMPLE:
    [Account1] [Account1_str] instead of [mails][mails_str]

EXAMPLE FOR 2 ACCOUNTS
    [Account1] [Account1_str] [nl] [Account2] [Account2_str]
    I have found those 2 photo's on missedIt! market page,and i have a question:

how can i set those two widget with weather and toggle???

i can't find those things..any idea?

24o26ba.jpg

2pyuavd.jpg

Hey dude. The first one is my screenshot. I use Beautiful Widgets 1x1 weather, then I have added Simi Folder with custom icon. The toggles are Extended Controls widget. Just put enough columns on Widgetlocker and those widgets side by side.
    Ok, I've uploaded the app again and now all seems to be ok.

Was a problem with the generated .apk. Sorry for the inconveniences.