The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Thread

Search This thread

Techie2012

Feb 1, 2012
Since there isn't a TPI forum (yet), I thought we should have a thread to discuss all issues related to the Infinity. News/announcements, release dates, spec changes, etc. So here we go.

gallery-1.png

Attachments

• infinity.jpg
    infinity.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 5,497
Last edited:

-lukin-

Jan 4, 2012
What are the implications of the improved screen resolution? Someone mentioned eBooks... obviously 1080p movies. Other ideas?

Vcolassi

Feb 1, 2012
Whitehall
Ughh... I know the new back plate is appose to help with the wifi, GPS, issue for those suffering from it. Personally i am not but that new back plate i think is yucky compared to the current.

But the higher resolution does grab my attention.

Reactions: theanswriz42

ickk

Nov 8, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think this will be unnecessary upgrades for the most part.

Resolution your eyes will barely notice.
Different cpu thats slightly improved.
plastic panel so it will actually work.
Everything else is practically the same.

Vcolassi

Feb 1, 2012
Whitehall
The question is will it blend! At least if you are a original Prime owner and want a the new model when it arrives. The current dock will work with the TF-700. One less thing you have to buy i guess.

Last edited:

Techie2012

Feb 1, 2012
Yes, it should blend. I am hoping so, my dock is non-returnable so I'll keep it for the Infinity.

Vcolassi

Feb 1, 2012
Whitehall
I wonder if the full HD resolution has any upside if you don't plan on watching a ton of movies on it? Wouldn't the text be much smaller, obviously. I can't see the resolution helping youtube videos out much being most of the HD ones are in 720p. I dunno if that made sense lol.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Reading text is a huge benefit. Big docs done in Word and Excel will also be much easier to read and manage with a higher resolution screen. If your video library is done in 1080P/MKV not only with they look better they'll play better because they'll no longer have to downscaled buy the GPU and s/w to fit a lower res screen.

Vcolassi

Feb 1, 2012
Whitehall
If you look at the pics and video of the TF700 and Acer A700 the UI seems to scale up so it seems that icons and such will be the same size. In-app icons and navigation buttons would be smaller I'd imagine.

Gotcha, makes sense. When is the 700 due for release in the USA. June? Id gladly hold onto my Prime for 2-3 months and sell it a few weeks before it arrives "IF... i decided on it". Im sure there will be plenty of vids on youtube of people over in Europe that get their hands on it first to test soon. This way i can decide is it really worth it.

e.mote

Feb 16, 2011
Since the Prime is mentioned as being "for early adopters," one wonders then if other models--being more mainstream--will have bootloader unlock. Somebody should ask Gary Key.

Wordlywisewiz

Nov 25, 2011
Brattleboro
Since the Prime is mentioned as being "for early adopters," one wonders then if other models--being more mainstream--will have bootloader unlock. Somebody should ask Gary Key.

The 300 should.. It was in the build prop as transformer tf201x lite....

I imagine they have it setup with the updates that it would change the necessary things between tablets... Just like changing the few things from us build to WW build
Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

nunoloule

Feb 29, 2012
The date of the availability of the Infinity is very important.

It should replace the TF201 and the 300 series should replace the TF101.

I expect the same range of prices of the actual products.

In terms of diferences between Prime and Infinity, the improvement of the Wifi and GPS with the plastic part on top of the pad should be main thing.

The screen resolution wil not benefit for 95% of the users.

Top Liked Posts