Best hosting site

Search This thread
For me Devhost is the best. Not sure why, but I quite enjoy the fact there's no intrusive ads, or captchas (hope I spelled that right). Browsing through files to download is really as well, and it would be perfect if you're working on a ROM or the like and plan to have future updates. All your downloads would be conveniently in the same place! Admittedly, I've never developed a ROM nor uploaded anything to Devhost, but I have never seen a complain about it or server crashes before

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

joeb3219

Feb 20, 2014
www.chemify.org
I've used HostGator for years (about 4 years now, to be exact), and have never had any major problems with them. Yeah, they've had occassional outtages, but have been online about 99.5% of the time, and been prompt with fixing any problems that come up.

They're fast, efficient, offer cPanel (and all of the stuff that comes with), and even SSH access. The prices are pretty good, and customer support is great. You can be up and running within an hour of purchase, and know that you're backed by a quality company.

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
From the OP: "file hosting"
Y U NO READ ;)

alkesh95

Mar 22, 2012
Mumbai
Use any site but just dont use devhost
Okay i know ads are there cause they earn money from them but there are hell lots of ads really

Globally recognized N00B

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
4Shared: is perfect!
Nice management for files!

2Shared: is also good because there are no ads or maybe a few little ones.
For my friends am i using 2shared and for big files and much files am i using 4Shared for the management like i said!

To give you another one that works:
Zippyshare: it has much ads but i awesomely good working

Like you see in one of my older posts ( datafilehost.com )
That stays the best one and i´ḿ using that always and as second mirrors am i using 4shared and 2Shared and sometimes Zippshare!

petraunas

Mar 17, 2015
Only Hosgator and GoDaddy are the providers that I trust. I think that they have proven themselves over the years already.
1.gif

D

Darth

4shared is not permitted on XDA though. Requires registration to download... To its site, or a social media site. ;)

Either is anything else requiring any kind of registration.

And any pay per click advertising links are out too.

Only sites that go directly to the download, without clicking ads, or accounts on any site, are permitted.

Food for thought. :good:

Edit: one more... Sites that contain free paid apps (warez) are not allowed either. :)

Reactions: mehtuus
Personally I use Dropbox. These days it has a public share function that doesn't require registration (you can simply close the popup.) Google Drive is also an option.

Zippyshare also works well, particularly for larger files. It doesn't require registration for a speed above 10Kbps, unlike most. I have to share a lot of large files, Zippy works well if you can't use cloud storage. Haven't seen a lot of advertising on it, but then I'm using Adblock and Noscript.

And then there's the regular file hosts, uploaded.net, uploadfiles.eu, tusfiles.net, turbobit.net, userscloud.com, etcetera.

Of course it's not a good idea to use any filehosting site that features advertising when you send the link to someone who's technologically handicapped. For those I just use WeTransfer, because the idiots kept clicking on the fake Download buttons....

Edit: one more... Sites that contain free paid apps (warez) are not allowed either. :)

You do realize that's basically every file hosting site in existence, right? :laugh: Even Google Drive is used to share warez these days.. :eek:

(But I gather you mean the sites that tell you where to get the apps.)

D

Darth

Personally I use Dropbox. These days it has a public share function that doesn't require registration (you can simply close the popup.) Google Drive is also an option.

Zippyshare also works well, particularly for larger files. It doesn't require registration for a speed above 10Kbps, unlike most. I have to share a lot of large files, Zippy works well if you can't use cloud storage. Haven't seen a lot of advertising on it, but then I'm using Adblock and Noscript.

And then there's the regular file hosts, uploaded.net, uploadfiles.eu, tusfiles.net, turbobit.net, userscloud.com, etcetera.

Of course it's not a good idea to use any filehosting site that features advertising when you send the link to someone who's technologically handicapped. For those I just use WeTransfer, because the idiots kept clicking on the fake Download buttons....

You do realize that's basically every file hosting site in existence, right? :laugh: Even Google Drive is used to share warez these days.. :eek:

(But I gather you mean the sites that tell you where to get the apps.)

LOL Yes, there's sites that are known for Warez.... Not allowed. ;)

Dropbox and similar hosts are not really "host sites".... So that's a little different.

I only spoke up, cause I wanted to clarify the site rules. So members reading this understand if their thread is closed. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Darth
    4shared is not permitted on XDA though. Requires registration to download... To its site, or a social media site. ;)

Either is anything else requiring any kind of registration.

And any pay per click advertising links are out too.

Only sites that go directly to the download, without clicking ads, or accounts on any site, are permitted.

Food for thought. :good: