HTC One (M8) Assistance

Search This thread

Crantzenberg

Apr 9, 2014
Hi guys, I'm long time reader first time poster. I usually like to blaze my own trails, but I think it's time I got some help. I have a HTC One (M7), it is or was rooted. running android 4.3. It's an O2 Ireland phone. Any other details you need quiz me!

The problem I am having is that I have wiped the OS off the phone (foolishly) while playing around TWRP. I have been trying to sideload a stock ROM (4.4.2 stock T-Mobile) onto my device in attempt to save the day, alas could not.

I won't try to pretend like I know what I'm doing, infact I know very little about android... So.

Could some kind individual please step me through what I need to do before I do more damage? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Hi guys, I'm long time reader first time poster. I usually like to blaze my own trails, but I think it's time I got some help. I have a HTC One (M7), it is or was rooted. running android 4.3. It's an O2 Ireland phone. Any other details you need quiz me!

If you don't care about loosing your data, flash an RUU which will re-install your OS, but wipe everything else. Your title says M8, but your post says M7. If you have an M8, just use an sdcard to put the tmobile rom zip on and flash it using twrp. If you have an M7, that isn't an option.

Just search around for instructions and downloads for the RUU files.

Reactions: Crantzenberg

Crantzenberg

Apr 9, 2014
If you don't care about loosing your data, flash an RUU which will re-install your OS, but wipe everything else. Your title says M8, but your post says M7. If you have an M8, just use an sdcard to put the tmobile rom zip on and flash it using twrp. If you have an M7, that isn't an option.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I have an M7. That is why this is sort of above my skill level. Backups never bother me. As for RUUs? Does it have to be an O2 RUU for my O2 phone or can it just be an RUU of another network? I'm finding it hard to get my hands on the particular one I need. The Kind user who hosts the RUUs, Sirkrushalot... I think, well his site isn't working so well for me. Thank you for your swift reply. At this moment I have no mobile phone now. And in this day and age it feels like a part of me is missing haha.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Yes, sorry for the confusion. I have an M7. That is why this is sort of above my skill level. Backups never bother me. As for RUUs? Does it have to be an O2 RUU for my O2 phone or can it just be an RUU of another network? I'm finding it hard to get my hands on the particular one I need. The Kind user who hosts the RUUs, Sirkrushalot... I think, well his site isn't working so well for me. Thank you for your swift reply. At this moment I have no mobile phone now. And in this day and age it feels like a part of me is missing haha.

Yeah you do need to flash the RUU that has the same CID (carrier) as your phone. This works if you're on O2.
http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...8_10.38r.1157.04L_release_353143_signed_2.exe

Crantzenberg

Apr 9, 2014
Wow! Thanks a million. Couldn't have been more helpful. Your the best! Lets hope this goes without a hitch...

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
To edit your thread title, use the "advanced" button while editing your first post..

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Crantzenberg

Apr 9, 2014

Yap, got it breathing again. Praise the sun that I back up to google drive everyday with avast and HTC Backup! Got 127 contacts back :good:
Many thanks, problem solved. I consider this matter closed now I guess. You're the best aaooga!

To edit your thread title, use the "advanced" button while editing your first post..

Alright, thanks I'll keep that in mind next time.

Reactions: aooga

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah you do need to flash the RUU that has the same CID (carrier) as your phone. This works if you're on O2.
    http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...8_10.38r.1157.04L_release_353143_signed_2.exe
    @Crantzenberg Well, did it work? ;)

Yap, got it breathing again. Praise the sun that I back up to google drive everyday with avast and HTC Backup! Got 127 contacts back :good:
    Many thanks, problem solved. I consider this matter closed now I guess. You're the best aaooga!

Alright, thanks I'll keep that in mind next time.