Samsung Gear 2 Notifications/Ringtones

Search This thread

thechad9

Jun 26, 2014
when I try to add the Power_Rangers.ogg to my alerts it says access denied. worked fine for ringtones but I used the cade as described and it is not working. Please advise

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

nm got it to work

jlopez1286

Oct 21, 2010
Orlando
Lol yeah I did that.

To pull them out you would use

Code:
sdb pull /opt/share/settings/Alerts/your_sound.ogg

Ultimately if you wish to remove them from the watch all together it is a little bit more involved lol.
Also don't pull your entire Alerts folder. That messed me up.

Code:
sdb root on
sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /
sdb rm /opt/share/settings/Alerts/stock_sound.ogg
sdb shell mount -0 remount,ro /

Just make sure not to remove your entire alerts folder lol. I did that the other day. Had to reflash everything.

I tried the last set of commands to remove some of the stock tones and it says " unsupported command: rm"

help please..

Reactions: Acedooncoon

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
I tried the last set of commands to remove some of the stock tones and it says " unsupported command: rm"

help please..

yea I got that too....I was just about to post the same thing.
I am to copy and past each line separately (which I have done) or do I copy all 3 lines and with the name of the file I want to remove, all at once?

PS- I Have the Gear 2 Neo...is the process the same?

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Any one have a video up on how to root it and also "push" the files for the ring tones? Im a noob with this watch

check out the video....his voice is annoying but it will get the job done lol...and it works.....make sure u have the right drivers installed otherwise it wont work. I got stuck with that part.

http://youtu.be/1gfEUT0N4Aw

Last edited:

jlopez1286

Oct 21, 2010
Orlando
On the second to last line u need to enter "sdb shell rm" instead of just "sdb rm" then the rest of the code..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Acedooncoon

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
On the second to last line u need to enter "sdb shell rm" instead of just "sdb rm" then the rest of the code..

Ok so I was able to remove a custom tone that I added...but how do I remove the stock tones? I keep getting an error that says It cannot be removed bcuz there is no such file or directory. So does this mean that the codes given were only for what I added and not whats stock?

jlopez1286

Oct 21, 2010
Orlando
Ok so I was able to remove a custom tone that I added...but how do I remove the stock tones? I keep getting an error that says It cannot be removed bcuz there is no such file or directory. So does this mean that the codes given were only for what I added and not whats stock?

U can use that same command to remove stock tones.. Just look up the name of the stock tone and type that along with the .ogg extension... Make sure the name is exactly as u see it on gear.. If its a two word tone put "_" in between the names.

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
U can use that same command to remove stock tones.. Just look up the name of the stock tone and type that along with the .ogg extension... Make sure the name is exactly as u see it on gear.. If its a two word tone put "_" in between the names.

EXCELLENT!!!!.....It worked like a charm!!.....Thanks so much homie...

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
In console or cmd window you plug in your gear and type SDB shell then go to the directory of where alerts are at and you do rm "personal.ogg" that will remove them from the gear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In Good comings by Fibs we now have root Root Gear 2 on our Lovely Gear 2, For NEO users sorry dont know it will work but could always try or look in the thread. so since there is root i figure post something cool and we can change/add alerts and ringtones

Here is the Power Rangers Alert from there communicators
    Power Rangers OGG

UPDATE with Bunch of Alerts/Ringtones, its the Alert.zip, unzip and choose what one you want and push to Gear 2, I didnt get to test them all so if any dont work let me know, or any request ill will try to fulfill the request. They are all in .OGG format..

Code:
    beedo
    Bow Chicka
    DragonZord Flute
    Droid
    Dunk Hunt
    Dukes Hazzard
    GreenRanger
    JetsonDoorbell
    Mario Die
    MarioLvl
    MarioPowerUP
    MinonWhat
    Old Spice
    Pikachu
    Pikachu2
    PokemonHospital
    PowerRangersRing
    R2-D2
    SuperMarioCoin

unzip, then push to its correct file location, mind you to do so you do need root which link is posted to achieve root

sdb root on
    sdb push your_ringtone.ogg /opt/share/settings/Ringtones/
    reboot watch
    Keep in mind free diskspace is 80MB for /opt/ don't fill it up
    sdb root on
    sdb push "your_ringtone.ogg" /opt/share/settings/Alerts/
    reboot watch
    I assume you know you have to be in she'll so I didn't say sdb shell, to push a whole folder it would be

sdb push Alerts /.../.../settings* that will push the whole folder.. also you can either rename it .bak for original, or you can push and it will overwrite the folder and adding what's not in there
    Any one have a video up on how to root it and also "push" the files for the ring tones? Im a noob with this watch
    re
    I created a script for you here's how :cool:

before you must:
    you must have copied the bathroom in
    Code:
     C: \ tizen-sdk \ tools
    have your notification sound to a file named "Alerts"

it'll open more cases "Winny57notification" attention to this will delete all the old notification sound
    when your watch restart it means that the file is copied :good:

same things for the ring but with "Winny57ringtones" in a file named "Ringtones"

edit:
    ringtones bank here