[Q] I think I fugged up my phone.

Search This thread

mjma

May 18, 2014
Here goes nothing. I have an HTC One m7 unlocked and rooted. Im not sure what happened but I know when it happened. I was trying to install viperone 6.2.1 and it failed and the installer suggested flasing the latest TWRP and try again. I hit ok and my phone rebooted straight to the bootloader. I tried a reboot- straight to bootloader. I tried to go into recovery- straight to bootloader. I tried factory reset- straight to bootloader. I only had access to the bootloader. I eventually found Hasoon2000s All One Tool and flashed a recovery. Made sure I had the latest TWRP and tried viperone again. It installed correctly and I rebooted. Once it loads all I get is a lock screen that I can unlock then a white screen that says htc. It will then force restart and the same thing happens again. Next I tried Paranoid Android. It loads fully but will force restart after a few minutes. I quickly looked at my phone status inbetween restarts and everything network, mobile network type, service state, imei,imei sv are all unknown. Basically no service. Next I flashed the latest CWM recovery. I installed the latest MIUI rom. It installed and during set-up it tried looking for my SIM card and force restarts. It will re-boot and go right back to searching for the SIM card. Rinse and repeat. Next I downloaded CM11 and installed that. Thankfully that does not force restart at all but my phone status is still all unknown. So I go into networks and try mobile plan and it asks for my SIM card which is installed. Then I try mobile network settings/ network operators look for available networks and I get "error while searching for networks". I forgot to mention all the Roms had to be pushed through with adb. Does anyone have a clue as to what I might have done or how I can fix it?

relic626

Apr 29, 2012
Try flashing a Stock RUU

Here goes nothing. I have an HTC One m7 unlocked and rooted. Im not sure what happened but I know when it happened. I was trying to install viperone 6.2.1 and it failed and the installer suggested flasing the latest TWRP and try again. I hit ok and my phone rebooted straight to the bootloader. I tried a reboot- straight to bootloader. I tried to go into recovery- straight to bootloader. I tried factory reset- straight to bootloader. I only had access to the bootloader. I eventually found Hasoon2000s All One Tool and flashed a recovery. Made sure I had the latest TWRP and tried viperone again. It installed correctly and I rebooted. Once it loads all I get is a lock screen that I can unlock then a white screen that says htc. It will then force restart and the same thing happens again. Next I tried Paranoid Android. It loads fully but will force restart after a few minutes. I quickly looked at my phone status inbetween restarts and everything network, mobile network type, service state, imei,imei sv are all unknown. Basically no service. Next I flashed the latest CWM recovery. I installed the latest MIUI rom. It installed and during set-up it tried looking for my SIM card and force restarts. It will re-boot and go right back to searching for the SIM card. Rinse and repeat. Next I downloaded CM11 and installed that. Thankfully that does not force restart at all but my phone status is still all unknown. So I go into networks and try mobile plan and it asks for my SIM card which is installed. Then I try mobile network settings/ network operators look for available networks and I get "error while searching for networks". I forgot to mention all the Roms had to be pushed through with adb. Does anyone have a clue as to what I might have done or how I can fix it?

Try flashing a stock RUU, everything should work fine after wards. You could try to update later on.
Try downloading this (Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip) from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586704
I take it you're S-Off so follow step 3(a)
If not 3(b) then 3(a).

Reactions: mjma

mjma

May 18, 2014
Try flashing a stock RUU, everything should work fine after wards. You could try to update later on.
Try downloading this (Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip) from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586704
If not 3(b) then 3(a).

Ok well I flashed a stock rom and its doing the same thing as ViperOne. It loads and I can see the the lock screen and it will bring up the power menu if I hold down the power button. I still get the white screen with htc on it as my "background" but thats all i see. And as before it goes into a reboot cycle after a minute or so.

relic626

Apr 29, 2012
Meh

Ok well I flashed a stock rom and its doing the same thing as ViperOne. It loads and I can see the the lock screen and it will bring up the power menu if I hold down the power button. I still get the white screen with htc on it as my "background" but thats all i see. And as before it goes into a reboot cycle after a minute or so.

Well i can't give you any more advice as advice because i wouldn't want you to brick your phone on my account. Hopefully a dev see's this and intervenes.

tdhite

Dec 4, 2012
DFW
Well i can't give you any more advice as advice because i wouldn't want you to brick your phone on my account. Hopefully a dev see's this and intervenes.

Flashing a "stock rom" is not flashing the RUU -- RUU and then tell us what happened (unless you really meant you actually RUU'd, not merely flashed).

If that' fails, you'll have to back of and get CM 10.1 running, that almost always fixes things.

relic626

Apr 29, 2012
Actually just re-read that

Flashing a ROM is completely different from flashing a RUU.
Also are you getting a dialer error when you're on that htc splash screen?
Also, yay senior member on thread.

sauprankul

Jul 23, 2012

You were installing ViperOne 6.2.1? It could be that that's what screwed you over. IIRC, Viper OTAs are Delta. The latest full ROM is 6.2.0. That is, what you flashed was an update, not a ROM. But whatever.

And as tdhite said, flashing a ROM is not the same as completely bringing your phone back to stock with the RUU tool. Do that please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flashing a Stock RUU

If not 3(b) then 3(a).