Best Alternative To Discontinued Streak?

Search This thread

SuperKeeper

Aug 31, 2007
Due to my recent troubles with my device which seems I've sorted, I had started looking for alternatives.and I came across two.

The already mentioned Samsung Note and another option, the Sony Xperia T (also known as the Skyfall, Bond phone). I had a criteria which was I didn't mind 2nd hand (therefore Ebay is a great option) and had to be under £200. It seems difficult to get the Note for under £200 but the Xperia T does seem to be slightly cheaper even though it's relatively newer.

Anyone have any opinions on the Xperia T?

I think it could possibly be my next device.

needspractice

Mar 17, 2008
Galaxy Note III might be the final answer to the Dell Streak.

Might have to pick up one of those!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
If ya like spending a lot of money then check out the PanTech Vega No6 Quadcore, LTE, 13Mp rr 2mp fr, 3145mAh battery, 5.9" and a trackpad on the back below the camera for easier control of zooming and scrolling,

I've been checking out and really considering the ZoPo Zp950+ over at their forums they have a root guide, twrp and cwm support as well as LeWa and other custom rom's made for it even an internal sd card mod to increase the storage space to 2.95gb's if ya get the 4gb model, they also have a 16gb version and has pretty much the same spec's as the note 2, except it's a chinandroid.

Phone: http://www.zopomobileshop.com/en/85-...ore-phone.html
Offical Rom D/L: http://www.zopomobileshop.com/en/content/9-download
Forum D/L's CWM/TWRP and Custom Rom's: http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/foru...ypeid&typeid=1

It's either get that and only have HSPA+ Speeds or get the original Note and have a Dualcore phone.

I've really been counting my chickens until around the middle of may when MediaTeK (MTK) and ZTE Release the ZTE Apache MT6599 a Octacore processor and finally MTK chips with LTE Support!!

N0he

Feb 25, 2013
How about Sony Xperia Z or or Samsung Galaxy S4, both having 5-inch displays like our beloved Streak?

Crinos512

Nov 30, 2010
What are everyone's general thoughts about the LG Optimistic G Pro? (It is available soon with AT&T, priced the same as a new original SammyNote 1)

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda app-developers app

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Mashable did a review of the device here. Their take was that they found the home button hard to press because of LG shrinking the bezel around the screen to make the device smaller. They also didn't like the Quick Memo feature and were looking for a way to shut it off.

The device is pretty solid otherwise, according to them. They simply recommend replacing the launcher with Nova Launcher. For me, I'd have to save up two weeks pay to get one, since I would want the device unlocked.

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
IDK How many others have said it, but Galaxy Note 2... If ya search for the right model ya can get one for around $300 to $375 (See my sig, I had to buy twice cause someone stole the other and I paid less for the factory refurbed one $300!!) but it's an extreme major upgrade from the DSM5 the phones are the same exact size with the Note 2 being a lil wider and also having a lot smaller bezel than the DSM5. But I've been loving mine ever since, so much that when my old one was stolen I didn't search for a replacement upgrade, I just immediately replaced it with the same phone again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Crinos512

Nov 30, 2010
Note3?

What are your thoughts about holding out for the Note3 (rumored to be unveiled in Sept. 2013)

I've had my Dell Streak for over two years and still love it,but since being able to upgrade for 6 months,the best one I see is the Sony Experia Zu(ultra)Togari,6.44 screen,snapdragon 800,waterproof to 3 ft. For 30 minutes. It may be revealed tomorrow at the Germany show,or July 4th in Paris France.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

The Sony experia ZU(ultra)Togari's measurements in inches is,7.055×3.622×.255,screen is 6.44

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium

Aaryana

Aug 10, 2012
samsung grand too is a nice option

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
I was wondering if anyone knew of the latest or best phone that has the greatest ROM rooting following at the moment greater than the Galaxy Nexus?

I have a Galaxy Nexus right now and its great but I am just bored with it. I would like to upgrade. The only problem is that I use [GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [SPRINT] which is the best tool around.

I was wondering if there are tools like this or better for other newer phones that I may upgrade to or should I just stay with my Nexus for while?
Yes the Galaxy Note 2 has that same type of toolkit and a huge variety of rom's, even Ubuntu Touch, MiUi, Chameleon and Avatar as well as ParanoidAndroid, CM and a wide selection of custom TouchWiz Rom's.

It's also the exact same size as the Dell Streak Mini, with bigger screen real estate, whereas with the DSM5 how it had at least an inch worth of space that was bezel the Note 2 has a very small bezel making the screen larger.

You can also get them used for around 300 plus on eBay all day long.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +1. Dell couldn't care less about their customers.
    ......there's only 1 device for every Streak users to upgrade to, and this is the Galaxy Note. There's nothing more to say or anything else in the market to consider beside the Note which is far more superior than our Streak! Problem is the price but it is more affordable now on ebay, 600-680usd.
    My 1 year old white best buy unlocked Streak is a totally perfect device for me. Yes as with any phone out there it used to have its flaws. And lately the microphone does perform too good.

I am a huge reader, reading absolutely everywhere and everytime. Actually I was reading when I realized I wanted to check xda a couple of minutes ago. And yes, it is my Dell Streak that I read on. For me it's almost flawless.

But I made up my mind to try something else. I used to have one of the very 1st iphones out there. And I believe I was one of the first users out there who threw up on it and sold it because of its...hm...I'd say incomplexity. I used to own all the best symbian devices as well including the monster e61, beautiful e71, gargantuan n97 and mysterious Maemo based n900 (the fastest texting ever!!!). I tried blackberry as well. Now it seems with my Streak bot being able to deliver the clear voice experience I'm going to try something new. Like good old Dell Venue Pro, windows phone. Surely it's going to be some kind of downgrade, but I'd still want to try some new experience, especially sweet for 179$ on outlet. We'll see. And if I don't like it, my choice is going to be either the colossal note or sgs 3 ehich might come up soon. Last week I had to use dad's iphone 4s for 1 day. I could not hold it in my hand. It was too small. It was too freaking small. And the screen was annoyingly small as well!!!!!!!! Truly cannot understand small screeners these days.

P.s. just wanted to add (right, tastes differ) that Dell Streak is one off the best looking devices for me. And not only for me. Several friends of mine told me it's an absolutelly stunning and clean design.

P.p.s. Go, Dell. You used to be the biggest guy in the hood. Now you have to be the smartest.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
    Imo the Galaxy Nexus is definatly worth considering
    With a 4.65" screen (0.35" smaller than the streaks) I doubt you would notice the difference (I didn't)

Well the 4.65 is smaller than the 5" from the Streak. I've noticed a big difference when using these smaller screen devices. Thing is the first few hours will make you miss the large screen of the Streak, but past 1 day, you'll get adjusted to the smaller screen. Still, there is nothing comparable to the 5.3 inch of the Note --> saved money people and get the Note instead - it's definitely worth the investment.
    Finally got my SG Note 2 days ago, and I can see now how badly Dell messed up with the Streak. I realise now in retrospect how many compromises I was forced to accept in comparison to the Note. Anyway, we did not have much of a choice due to screen size, so I have no regrets tho. Thank you Sammy for bringing us an alternative ....and what an alternative! indeed! Honestly, the Note rocks and my Streak experience is fast becoming a distant memory...