All of a sudden CPU is at 100% non-stop, help!

Search This thread

mestguy182

Sep 20, 2012
Tampa, FL
justinlinnert.com
All of a sudden my CPU is running at 100% non-stop. Using Trickster-Mod I can see this and my phone is extremely hot and my battery drains in about an hour.

I used better battery stats, CPU Monitor, GSAM... all show normal battery usage, no apps or processes using more CPU or battery than normal. I'm at a loss, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Justin

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
All of a sudden my CPU is running at 100% non-stop. Using Trickster-Mod I can see this and my phone is extremely hot and my battery drains in about an hour.

I used better battery stats, CPU Monitor, GSAM... all show normal battery usage, no apps or processes using more CPU or battery than normal. I'm at a loss, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Justin
What if anything have you changed using Trickster? I'd maybe uninstall that and clear cache/Dalvic and do a couple reboots and see if it's still acting up.

Of course there's the Factory Data Reset option too.

- Tapatalked from the G3

mestguy182

Sep 20, 2012
Tampa, FL
justinlinnert.com
Thanks for the help guys. I tried tracking down an app but I hadn't installed anything recently, just some updates, I froze all of the possible offenders with Titanium Backup and still had the problem. I hadn't made any changes to Trickster in a long time but I tried that and it didn't make a difference either.

So... I ended up backing up everything with Titanium Backup and installing SkyDragon ROM... that fixed the problem.

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help.