[Q] NAE MODEM Update - No Sound?

Search This thread

ragnsep

Mar 5, 2007
I hate to beat a dead horse here but i've been having nothing but troubles trying to upgrade my modem to NAE.

The modem it self flashes fine --- my baseband show NAE and firmware also. However, i have no audio output. As other users have described my dialer freezes (assuming from no audio output), playing music FCs DSP Manager, etc,etc.

I've tried flashing a 4.3 ROM then the modem then boot and then flash a KK rom. - No Luck
I've tried a NAE kernel after modem update (KTs Kernel) - No Luck

I just dont know what to do to get the NAE modem functional for me.

Thanks as always.

Reactions: krnfrk6663

krnfrk6663

Apr 24, 2008
Middletown
Have you tried to hard reset after the flashing? Anytime I've had major issues I would revert all the way back to mdl, update ota to mk2, root, custom recovery, backup then flash nae modem, recovery, reset, Rom, kernal if needed. Backup again if everything is working. I've never had any sound issue within any of my flashing. Odin version also plays a big deal, make sure you're running the most updated version. I hope this helps in some way. Good luck

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

sandman121383

Aug 8, 2012
Ya I had the same ****ty luck guys.
I was on mdl. Did the mf9 full update tar. Then flashed nae modem. All went find to then find out I lost sound.

Is updating OTA the ONLY way to get to mf9 before flashing the modem that will work?

I wanted to reflash sacs kk rom and get it working

ragnsep

Mar 5, 2007
I've tried hard reseting after flash. Im on MF9 Bootloader, Im pretty sure.

I used Odin V 3.07 to flash, Im not sure if thats the most recent version.

Ive read too that other people uncheck the F Reset Time and Auto-Reboot Options to get the modem to stick. I've done this too and the modem flashes (fine) when I pull up the page in settings.

Still I cant get any audio, or dialer(guessing because of the touch tones) on any ROM.

Any else find a resolution to this? I think I've seen a handful of us with this issue.

Thakidfrom235

Jan 11, 2008
Having the same issue

Rather than start a new thread, i will post my issues here

Not sure what im doing wrong or what can be done to fix my issues. Originally was on the MDL baseband with stock rooted rom. I used the all in one MF9 (Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM) to get all my parts running on MF9. At this point everything was running Great

I used this method: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2277480

made sure to follow every instruction carefully and updated to 4.4.2 NAE while keeping my baseband MF9

The Rooted Stock NAE rom gave me many issues:

1) No Sound
2) Very long/ sometimes unresponsive wake
3) Screen lag/delay when swiping left/right through apps
4) I could not use the camera
5) When i would press the volume rocker it would make my phone freeze and be very delayed
6) Could not make a phone call, I could receive a call but would no be able to Talk to or Hear the other Person
7) Screen would lag or sometimes freeze and go black when i enter my pin or pattern to unlock
8) I could not use wifi (solved this issue by using KToonsez latest Kernel)

I decided to change the rom and see if that would help.
I Flashed to CandyKat 4.4.2 rom and I noticed a great improvement
All of my lag issues were resolved, wifi was working without changing the Kernel
the only issues that still remained were:

1) No sound
2) Could not make a phone call, I could receive a call but would no be able to Talk to or Hear the other Person
3) Camera would sometimes work. but mostly would crash or give me an error

Sorry for the wall of text but i tried to include all the details for you. Anyone know what i am doing wrong or if there is a way to resolve these issues?

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Yes, the is a very easy way to fix this, install the full NAE stock tar and enjoy a fully functioning kit kat phone. When you piecemeal an install like this, you have nothing but problems. I love when people claim everything's working great, except when I try to make a call, use camera, etc, etc. Just install the full tar, root, and enjoy your phone. And if your worried about Knox, suck it up, Knox does nothing to hamper you from customizing your phone.

TrickyD76

Jan 19, 2011
White Plains
www.atrickylife.com
Ya I had the same ****ty luck guys.
I was on mdl. Did the mf9 full update tar. Then flashed nae modem. All went find to then find out I lost sound.

Is updating OTA the ONLY way to get to mf9 before flashing the modem that will work?

I wanted to reflash sacs kk rom and get it working

what did you do? im currently in same boat, neglalite AND sacs roms don't work for me, that is, no phone, no camera....I odin'd mf9 way back, and just odin'd nae modem in the hopes of catching the latest from sacs...but now im stuck with nae and no rom that works with phone or camera????

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Yes, the is a very easy way to fix this, install the full NAE stock tar and enjoy a fully functioning kit kat phone. When you piecemeal an install like this, you have nothing but problems. I love when people claim everything's working great, except when I try to make a call, use camera, etc, etc. Just install the full tar, root, and enjoy your phone. And if your worried about Knox, suck it up, Knox does nothing to hamper you from customizing your phone.

uh, yeah...can you help me in less than 12 hours accomplish this? I am in the exact boat you are describing...I got negalite and sacs newest to install, what with my original MDL, then MF9, then just yesterday the NAE modem in the hopes of updating my older sacs 4.2.2 rom...and now I have a phone that's not a phone or a camera...its dead weight, and I need something fast, im leaving country in 18 hrs.

thank you, hope you can help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hate to beat a dead horse here but i've been having nothing but troubles trying to upgrade my modem to NAE.

The modem it self flashes fine --- my baseband show NAE and firmware also. However, i have no audio output. As other users have described my dialer freezes (assuming from no audio output), playing music FCs DSP Manager, etc,etc.

I've tried flashing a 4.3 ROM then the modem then boot and then flash a KK rom. - No Luck
    I've tried a NAE kernel after modem update (KTs Kernel) - No Luck

I just dont know what to do to get the NAE modem functional for me.

Thanks as always.