[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

Search This thread

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
i dont know if this is news or not but i have achieved s-off with rumrunner on my one s it was very simple , i found a thread @ http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-tutorials/how-to-get-s-off-on-htc-one, this link i know they do not say one s but they do say many htc devices so , i followed the [Tutorial]Root, Unlock, Recovery and flashing a Custom ROM here on XDA by troxx\flow, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583427 . then decided that i need s-off to use a lot of the roms out there so i found this thread about s-off htc one during my search so upon reading and watching the video i found that it is for the one s as well, so after three attempts i found that it work perfect so the first two attempts i found an error messages that there was a fatal error and the programme says hit enter to exit so i did, there was no problems with that by the way , so and went on to read some more and found that all security has to be disabled , antivirus and what ever else you are running on your windows machine so i completely uninstalled my antivirus just to make sure i had covered all the bases , and at that point the third try after about 10 minutes letting the programme run its course i had achieved s-off , i also found that in their description you need to watch your phone and keep giving permission but being that i had already installed supersu i only needed to grant access once after that it gave access it self so really i only had to watch for the request once . hoping this helps out .P.S this will work on any htc one s. if you look at the download page there are two options one for international and one for Verizon. my one s is from rogers so i used the international one .
Uhmm this hasn't been posted in for about 4 months
This thread is dead please don't bring it up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-off is nearly release ready.

I need /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from a qualcomm s3 variant, and a matching update.zip for each model that support is wanted for.
    Some of you guys are PM'ing me to help with S-OFF for the One S.

Will try to, when I get the One X done.
    Today we had a huge update.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604300

Some of you with a USB Y-Cable should try to flash a .zip through sd-card.
    If that works, and I can modify a DIAG file, also for you S-OFF will come very fast.
    so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

i hope we get s-off soon but with patience :)
    Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.
    I have Riffbox now at home. Will make JIG for it, so until end of next week i could be ready.
    PS: I had S-OFF and tryed to get to S-Diag mode: But phone freezes and reboots into s-off.
    mmcblk0p23: "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: "boot"
    mmcblk0p33: "system"
    mmcblk0p30: "local"
    mmcblk0p34: "cache"
    mmcblk0p35: "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: "pdata"
    mmcblk0p36: "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: "extra"
    mmcblk0p17: "radio"