Search This thread

mrmad23

Jan 21, 2011
Munich
www.morethanandroid.de
MrMaddon S3 Addon// 1Xream SandWiz ROM
mrmadaddon-293x150.jpg

Why?
with releasing their long awaited S3 we wanted to give to as many people as possible with the release of an addon pack for the HTC One X.
As some may have already known, we have published some addon packs for the Nexus and S1.
We are going to add as much as possible from s S3, so we will end up inspired by nature and made for… robots
If you find any new S3 apps working for the HTC One X, feel free to contact us and we will try to include it in future updates!
What it is!
The TW-CM9-Nightly-Addon-Pack adds a bunch of stock-apps that where ported by xda-members, some SGS3 feeling with (system) sounds and s directly ripped from leaked frameworkres.apk/systemui.apk/systemapps of the SGS3 ROM and many more features.

You can flash it over every CM9-nightly (the one available at modaco.com and the one been developed right here by XDA member intrepresentation.

Compared to HTC Sense you will lose some features but the launcher included works like a charm in terms of speed and smoothness. It will make Sense 4.0 look like an oldtimer...

What about the ROM?
1Xream SandWiz is my compilation for a quick and painless installation. It is Cyanogen 9 with gapps and redesigned TouchWiz 5 framework to match the standard Android 4.0 look & feel. So basically, you'll get the touchwiz launcher and widgets but it will look like your "normal" ice cream sandwich/cm 9 rom.
Is it another "me,too"-ROM? Yes, it, is to some extent. I'm nort a dev, I am an author and editor for a website.
I have been (and still am) experimenting with a sense based-rom as it is way more stable than cm9 at the moment but I am still struggling to accomplish but I have in mind (a senseless, aosp-styled rom with some features of sense like camera app etc). I was about to upload it as I discovered that mobile data connection doesn't work. To cut a long story short, I failed and moved on to cyanogen 9 as a base.
I will continue this if there is enough interest, otherwise I recommend checking out our other releases by real/skilled devs for the galaxy s family and galaxy nexus. Download available at the buttom. ROM available .

Features Credit and stuff

Addon/ROM features and status

- original high resolution S3 Symbols (xhdpi)

- Settings themed with S3 Symbols (xhdpi)

- TouchWizUX Launcher

- S3 Sounds

- Power-Button Menu themed

- S3 Wallpaper Picker

- Memo App

- Memo Widget

- PhotoWall LiveWallpaper

- Gummy Beam Live Wallpaper

- S3 Live Wallpapers

- Apollo Music-Player

- MrMad App (to get push notifications about updates)

- FileExplorer

Changelog for the addon:

Changelog:

• fixed launcher and widgets
  • added NEW SGS 3 AccuWeather Widget (working!)
  • added Yahoo! News Widget
  • added Digital Clock Widget
  • added ROM Manager
  • added Root Browser
Changelog for the ROM:

• fixed launcher with correct display size (widgets resized correctly)
  • added new AccuWeather Widget from SGS 3 (displays correctly but crashes when trying to edit oprions -> old widget is still there)
  • added some (google) apps: google+,g+ messenger,talk, navigation, google drive, google maps, google local
  • removed some widgets and apps that were crashing
Credits:

intrepresentation
mystichobo
smalldookie
teamhacksungs

supercurio
robinrg86
pfsolutions
apposite Designs
TeslaCoil Software
SAND STUDIO
DemiDoef
dhiru1602
last1left
burakgon
Jarmezrocks
jrsoft
TeamERA
CuraeL
froilson

Instructions
-flash cynaogenmod 9 of your choice (don't forget to push the boot.img fist fastboot)
-flash gapps
-flash addon pack
-reboot and you are done

.......and more.......

just try it ;)
Screenshots

DOWNLOADS

MrMaddon SGS 3 Addon Pack**1Xream SandWiz**

What else?
This video shows you how to get the Samsung Galaxy SIII Touchwiz UX for the HTC One X. This tutorial video was made by xda-member ashwin123 and I recommend checking out his youtube channel
And so you even dare to ask for a "Thank you?"- Yes!!!!:D
Thanks.png

Can you help us?

We do not ask for donations but you could help us a lot with a simple click!

It will not take too much of your time but will make us totally happy!
We are taking part in a website/blog contest and if you like our work, it would be nice if you voted for
www.mrmad.net here
Be fair and please just vote once!
We are currently inserted in the second play-off match (Duell2)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Support Forum (English&German)

MrMaddon
1Xream SandWiz

Attachments

• mrmadaddon.jpg
    mrmadaddon.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 5,180
  • Screenshot_2012-05-27-21-15-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-27-21-15-16.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 5,078
  • Screenshot_2012-05-26-14-03-02-150x150.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-26-14-03-02-150x150.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 5,028
Last edited:

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Would be much more interesting for my Galaxy Tab 10.1N with CM9 Nighlies ROM! That would be great, but the Sense is really in 4.0 Great to Work with! But.....nice idea! :)

mrmad23

Jan 21, 2011
Munich
www.morethanandroid.de
Why touchwiz? We have beautiful sense 4.0.;)
It's an alternative and I believe a very valuable one. The launcher is the fastest and smoothest I've seen running on HTC One X, I have tested a lot of ROMs and launchers and I believe that will give the extra kick to the very powerful hardware inside htc one x.
As in terms of beautiful or not - please don't kill me for saying that - I think that HTC Sense is one of the ugliest UIs I've come across. It might have been a standard a couple of years ago but let's be honest:
you've got a quadcore monster with the look and feel of a first generation android devices.

burimii

Mar 1, 2010
Diber
Redmi Note 9 Pro

Samsung owners have never achieved to port sense for their phone, i like having sense + touchwiz + cm9 + whatever .... Telling to my samsung friends that i have thouchwiz and they dont have sense is an achievment :) thank you guys
Edit: Voted!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

larsn84

Apr 15, 2009
Aarhus
androidtips.mono.net
I love a great deal about Sense... Had HTC phones since.... I dont know...

But also, I like to try something different, and tried all the UI's from market over time.

Think I'll give this a shot, though it is kind of a bold move, to release this in a HTC section ;) Not that I dont mind
[Q]: I have a few questions though - what about the exceptional features from S3, like the ability to auto call when putting the phone up to your ear, and the ability to automatically keep screen turned on, while looking at the phone, are those included?

Otherwise, I could as well just use another launcher on a stock ICS install, while I dont think Touchwiz is the greatest single handed.

ForceField

Nov 29, 2008
Beirut
Ok,I am downloading now
Just a question,which gapps we can use?
Is the 20120429-ics good?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MrMaddon S3 Addon// 1Xream SandWiz ROM
    mrmadaddon-293x150.jpg

Why?
    with releasing their long awaited S3 we wanted to give to as many people as possible with the release of an addon pack for the HTC One X.
    As some may have already known, we have published some addon packs for the Nexus and S1.
    We are going to add as much as possible from s S3, so we will end up inspired by nature and made for… robots
    If you find any new S3 apps working for the HTC One X, feel free to contact us and we will try to include it in future updates!
    What it is!
    The TW-CM9-Nightly-Addon-Pack adds a bunch of stock-apps that where ported by xda-members, some SGS3 feeling with (system) sounds and s directly ripped from leaked frameworkres.apk/systemui.apk/systemapps of the SGS3 ROM and many more features.

You can flash it over every CM9-nightly (the one available at modaco.com and the one been developed right here by XDA member intrepresentation.

Compared to HTC Sense you will lose some features but the launcher included works like a charm in terms of speed and smoothness. It will make Sense 4.0 look like an oldtimer...

What about the ROM?
    1Xream SandWiz is my compilation for a quick and painless installation. It is Cyanogen 9 with gapps and redesigned TouchWiz 5 framework to match the standard Android 4.0 look & feel. So basically, you'll get the touchwiz launcher and widgets but it will look like your "normal" ice cream sandwich/cm 9 rom.
    Is it another "me,too"-ROM? Yes, it, is to some extent. I'm nort a dev, I am an author and editor for a website.
    I have been (and still am) experimenting with a sense based-rom as it is way more stable than cm9 at the moment but I am still struggling to accomplish but I have in mind (a senseless, aosp-styled rom with some features of sense like camera app etc). I was about to upload it as I discovered that mobile data connection doesn't work. To cut a long story short, I failed and moved on to cyanogen 9 as a base.
    I will continue this if there is enough interest, otherwise I recommend checking out our other releases by real/skilled devs for the galaxy s family and galaxy nexus. Download available at the buttom. ROM available .

Features Credit and stuff

Addon/ROM features and status

- original high resolution S3 Symbols (xhdpi)

- Settings themed with S3 Symbols (xhdpi)

- TouchWizUX Launcher

- S3 Sounds

- Power-Button Menu themed

- S3 Wallpaper Picker

- Memo App

- Memo Widget

- PhotoWall LiveWallpaper

- Gummy Beam Live Wallpaper

- S3 Live Wallpapers

- Apollo Music-Player

- MrMad App (to get push notifications about updates)

- FileExplorer

Changelog for the addon:

Changelog:

• fixed launcher and widgets
    • added NEW SGS 3 AccuWeather Widget (working!)
    • added Yahoo! News Widget
    • added Digital Clock Widget
    • added ROM Manager
    • added Root Browser
    Changelog for the ROM:

• fixed launcher with correct display size (widgets resized correctly)
    • added new AccuWeather Widget from SGS 3 (displays correctly but crashes when trying to edit oprions -> old widget is still there)
    • added some (google) apps: google+,g+ messenger,talk, navigation, google drive, google maps, google local
    • removed some widgets and apps that were crashing
    Credits:

intrepresentation
    mystichobo
    smalldookie
    teamhacksungs

supercurio
    robinrg86
    pfsolutions
    apposite Designs
    TeslaCoil Software
    SAND STUDIO
    DemiDoef
    dhiru1602
    last1left
    burakgon
    Jarmezrocks
    jrsoft
    TeamERA
    CuraeL
    froilson

Instructions
    -flash cynaogenmod 9 of your choice (don't forget to push the boot.img fist fastboot)
    -flash gapps
    -flash addon pack
    -reboot and you are done

.......and more.......

just try it ;)
    Screenshots

DOWNLOADS

MrMaddon SGS 3 Addon Pack**1Xream SandWiz**

What else?
    This video shows you how to get the Samsung Galaxy SIII Touchwiz UX for the HTC One X. This tutorial video was made by xda-member ashwin123 and I recommend checking out his youtube channel
    And so you even dare to ask for a "Thank you?"- Yes!!!!:D
    Thanks.png

Can you help us?

We do not ask for donations but you could help us a lot with a simple click!

It will not take too much of your time but will make us totally happy!
    We are taking part in a website/blog contest and if you like our work, it would be nice if you voted for
    www.mrmad.net here
    Be fair and please just vote once!
    We are currently inserted in the second play-off match (Duell2)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Support Forum (English&German)

MrMaddon
    1Xream SandWiz
    It's an alternative and I believe a very valuable one. The launcher is the fastest and smoothest I've seen running on HTC One X, I have tested a lot of ROMs and launchers and I believe that will give the extra kick to the very powerful hardware inside htc one x.
    As in terms of beautiful or not - please don't kill me for saying that - I think that HTC Sense is one of the ugliest UIs I've come across. It might have been a standard a couple of years ago but let's be honest:
    you've got a quadcore monster with the look and feel of a first generation android devices.

Samsung owners have never achieved to port sense for their phone, i like having sense + touchwiz + cm9 + whatever .... Telling to my samsung friends that i have thouchwiz and they dont have sense is an achievment :) thank you guys
    Edit: Voted!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    This MOD is nothing short of incredible, anyone who gets down on you for this is being shallow minded. You have combined one of the best phones for software (the GS III) with THE best phone for hardware (HOX). Good job, keep it up, and i would love to see a FULL GS III port, as I'm not a HTC or Sammy fan, I'm an android fan in general, and I love all the things made possible by these devs.