[Q] Nexus 10 wont turn on.

Search This thread

epicbearman

Apr 19, 2013
Karachi
I placed my nexus 10 on charging yesterday, and after a while (2-4 hours later) when i came back, i found the device to be turned off, I tried the power button in all the combination with volume buttons, but still no luck (even held the power button for 3mins) I searched online, and couldnt find any help on other forums. Some said to keep it on charging overnight and then try powering it up. But still no luck.

I dont get any notification when i connect it to charger, although when i press the power button while connected the screen lights up, and battery charging sign shows up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
I placed my nexus 10 on charging yesterday, and after a while (2-4 hours later) when i came back, i found the device to be turned off, I tried the power button in all the combination with volume buttons, but still no luck (even held the power button for 3mins) I searched online, and couldnt find any help on other forums. Some said to keep it on charging overnight and then try powering it up. But still no luck.

I dont get any notification when i connect it to charger, although when i press the power button while connected the screen lights up, and battery charging sign shows up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

So you cannot even get to the recovery?
You ether over charged it (very unlikely to happen) or you have a faulty N10.

Sent from my Nexus 4

epicbearman

Apr 19, 2013
Karachi
So you cannot even get to the recovery?
You ether over charged it (very unlikely to happen) or you have a faulty N10.

Sent from my Nexus 4

No, can't even get to recovery. But i have been using the device for over two months now, nothing like this ever happened. What about the charging sign when i press the power button. It might be some kind of a sleep mode or something, no?

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
No, can't even get to recovery. But i have been using the device for over two months now, nothing like this ever happened. What about the charging sign when i press the power button. It might be some kind of a sleep mode or something, no?

Could be a bootloader corruption, software issue, hardware issue or some part of the hardware "thinks" that it is still on when it is not causing it to not switch on.

Have you noticed any issues before it just came off like extreme overheating?

Sent from my Nexus 4

epicbearman

Apr 19, 2013
Karachi
Could be a bootloader corruption, software issue, hardware issue or some part of the hardware "thinks" that it is still on when it is not causing it to not switch on.

Have you noticed any issues before it just came off like extreme overheating?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Well, yes the tablet was getting overheated after a long session of hd videos, or games, but that use to happen all the times.

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
I believe this is normally called a "Sleep of Death" or sometimes "screen off death". Hold power + vol up + vol down at the same time for 5 seconds and you should boot into fastboot. From there hit the power button to turn the tablet on. Then go about finding a better ROM/kernel combo that doesnt give you this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: epicbearman

epicbearman

Apr 19, 2013
Karachi
I believe this is normally called a "Sleep of Death" or sometimes "screen off death". Hold power + vol up + vol down at the same time for 5 seconds and you should boot into the bootloader. From there hit the power button to turn the tablet on. Then go about finding a better ROM/kernel combo that doesnt give you this problem.

Like i said, its not working i tried using that combination, it wouldnt budge. Screen wont even turn on.

CoolApps

May 12, 2011
I believe this is normally called a "Sleep of Death" or sometimes "screen off death". Hold power + vol up + vol down at the same time for 5 seconds and you should boot into the bootloader. From there hit the power button to turn the tablet on. Then go about finding a better ROM/kernel combo that doesnt give you this problem.

You just need to press power and volume down to enter the bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 4

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Like i said, its not working i tried using that combination, it wouldnt budge. Screen wont even turn on.

Try press and holding the power button for around 10 seconds and then try powering it up again.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Reactions: epicbearman

epicbearman

Apr 19, 2013
Karachi
Its working.

Weird how it was taking any input from the power button though. I kept the tablet on charging over night and i tried turning it on in the morning and it worked.
Thank you all.

Eric Weir

Apr 22, 2013
Its working.

Weird how it was taking any input from the power button though. I kept the tablet on charging over night and i tried turning it on in the morning and it worked.

I've had my Nexus 10 for less than a week, and this morning I encountered this problem. I was working on setting up syncing through an app called FolderSync and SugarSync. Syncing of one of the folders seemed to go into a loop. The device locked up completely a couple times. I got the process running again and left it running while I went for a workout. When I came back no way could I get it turned on.

I had tried all the things suggested here before checking here for help. I'll try your "solution" of leaving the device on charge overnight. If I can't get it going tomorrow morning I'll return it to Staples, where I bought it.

I have an iPad and have never encountered anything even close to these problems. Bought the Nexus 10 specifically to run the Vim Touch app for Android. The only Vim app for the iPad is horribly crippled.

Sounds like this thread pretty much exhausted the possibilities by the time epicbearman discovered his "solution," but if by chance anyone has any further suggestions I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Eric Weir

woj666

Jan 7, 2013
I had the exact problem as the OP and none of my chargers worked. I then googled and found someone that said to try to charge via their PC USB instead of the wall charger. I left it plugged into the USB for a couple of hours and the charge went to 4% ( so it must have been very dead ) and all is well.

Eric Weir

Apr 22, 2013
Take off the back and disconnect the battery and reconnect it

Thanks. If I'd gotten this in time, I suspect it would've worked. But when I couldn't get it started after trying everything else and leaving it on charge overnight, I returned it to Staples.

Will order a Nexus 7 from Google. If I can get Vim Touch running successfully---my reason for wanting an Android tablet---and I find the screen to small for heavy writing---I want to get by with a soft keyboard---I'll order another 10 and give the 7 to my daughter.

Thanks again,

Eric Weir

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe this is normally called a "Sleep of Death" or sometimes "screen off death". Hold power + vol up + vol down at the same time for 5 seconds and you should boot into fastboot. From there hit the power button to turn the tablet on. Then go about finding a better ROM/kernel combo that doesnt give you this problem.

You just need to press power and volume down to enter the bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus 4

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Try press and holding the power button for around 10 seconds and then try powering it up again.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Are you using the charger/cable that came with your device?