Droid 3 SLOW! Using CM 10.1. What are my options?

Search This thread

JSP62

Feb 25, 2014
Boston
Hi,

I've done much research with little success on how best to address my issue. Partly because my Droid 3 (D3) is outdated with little recent activity and outdated posts. I hope the community can help provide me some troubleshooting tips and recommendations. I apologize for using any terminology incorrectly (i.e. ROM). Please correct me if I do. :angel:

FIRST, I use my (work issued) iPhone as my primary phone. Previously I had used my Droid 3 and it had been extremely slow running a stock ROM. I gave up using it back then but most recently loaded it with a custom ROM (Cyanogen "Solana " 10.1-20140216 / Android 4.2.2). I wanted to use my D3 as a media / app player only. I had thought perhaps loading the Cyanogen custom ROM would make the D3 perform faster. I really like the layout and it did seem to work faster.

I may go so far as to say perhaps it started getting slow again when I reloaded my android apps (IDK?!?). I searched for similar posts and did find a thread where I can make changes to the performance (set to PERFORMANCE setting).

Anything else more than that I am not quite sure what I can do. I read the post a custom ROM called "Steel Droid", but I am not really sure if this works any better or not from Cyanogen. I mean the date for Cyanogen is newer than the most recent Steel Droid version issued on Jan 2013).

I'd like to get some opinions from this site full of experts. Is it worth keeping the D3 or should I sell it? Should I use a Cyanogen ROM or Steel Droid ROM? How can I troubleshoot? :confused: Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited: