Clip Case by Pryo Skins!!! AWESOME!!!

Search This thread

BigK52

Jul 7, 2008
Verizon 4G

Does anyone know if this case will work the Verizon 4G? Some of the cases I have tried block the speakers or the volume button.
Thanks,
Ken

Jnn1

Nov 10, 2010
That is the nice thing about being a small business, you can ship on Saturday's using USPS.
@ Task650 Thanks for the great review!

I wanted to let everyone know that we are SOLD OUT of this case. But we are getting more soon (Hopefully before the end of the week) and we are adding: White Snake Skin, Black Carbon Fiber & Red Carbon Fiber to the mix.

FYI only the first test run we had (the first 25 that are now sold out) had the Samsung logo. Going forward the case is going to be blank.

@akarol
The bottom clips seem to release easier if you push the tablet up more towards the top two clips when installing the case.

@nttuananh
Yes we do offer coupons to XDA members, however I don't know if we can post it up here without violating the rules of XDA.

And the inner padding black too? Please ...

pyro530

Mar 2, 2011
Nor-Cal
www.pyroskins.com
And the inner padding black too? Please ...

Inner padding is only grey for now, we may add the black color in the future.

I looked at that but the only ones I could find were for the P7500, none for the P7510. Do you have the P7510?

Do you perhaps mean the P7100 which would be the slightly older, slightly thicker Galaxy Tab 10.1v?
As far as I know the GT-P7510 is the USDM tablet and the GT-P7500 is sold throughout Europe and Africa but has the same basic case design?
Can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited:

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
So the case is very nice, the bottom clips are not difficult when removing tab. What is difficult is closing the case and getting that clip into place.

Also my samsung logo is a little messed up on one of the letters, its either chipped or turned up. I can either see underneath it or there is a weird reflection from letter not being flat. So part of the letter looks like a different color.

And trying to use main clip to hold tab in place while typing doesn't really work, case pops back up.

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
Will the flaps be moved lower for the new versions?!

Dude it barely even covers the tiny bottom corner of the speaers, like just the very edge. I don't think there will be any sound loss. That is if you are talking about the two flaps that are right below the speakers

If you are talking about something else I am sorry.

I realy do like this case, it did at a lot of weight to the tab. I would have really love some type of magnetic closure tab/clip when closing cover instead of that larger clip it has that I have somewhat of a problem closing easily.

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
So I had my Tab in this case in the closed position for a few hours, when I went to take the book cover off I noticed the screen had the "water" marks from being pressed too tightly. They went away after a several seconds of the cover being opened but I do not think that is great that it presses the screen that hard.

Also, I noticed that the "hinges" that holds the two parts together has caused marks on my skin (ghost armor) but I don't know if it is surface marks (they don't go away when I clean it) or if it caused the part of skin attached to screen to move a little thus causing the discoloration. It is not that big of a deal cause it is on the black bezel part and not the screen, but now I have these strange marks that are very obvious there.

I guess what I am saying is the cover is too tight, I assume over time the "hinges" will loosen up a bit, but for now it is too tight. Having a little looser of a cover plus a magnetic closure/flap would be MUCH better IMO.

sgtuser

Aug 8, 2011
been lurking around for a couple weeks and registered a few days ago, looks like the place to be.

Just wanted to say i love the case and find no issues at all and want to say thanks to pyro, that was some fast shiping :)

krips2003

Sep 27, 2009
Louisville
So I was given the opportunity to test out 2 cases by Pyro Skins. This is one of them and it is my favorite for sue. It's made of high quality materials. It fits the tab perfectly and the clips hold the tab very firmly without even coming close to marking up the tab. It doesn't add too much bulk to the already thin tab. It doesn't cover any of the hardware buttons at all. It feels great to carry around and it looks really classy. I would definitely recommend this case to anyone! This company did an awesome job with this one and
there isn't anything I think I would change about it.
Check them out at http://www.pyroskins.com/
Here's a video review so you an see it in action!!! http://youtu.be/Icy2XGehC_k?hd=1

IMG_20110805_184517-1.jpg

I too have exactly the same case, but from Acase. I also saw something similar from rooCase as well. May be all of the are same operating with different name, or may be they all get that thing manufactured by the same company.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures that I took.

Reactions: PookiePrancer

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando
I too have exactly the same case, but from Acase. I also saw something similar from rooCase as well. May be all of the are same operating with different name, or may be they all get that thing manufactured by the same company.

That case lacks the opening to be able to charge while the case is closed like the Pyro. FAIL!

Sent from my badass Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
Actually the pyro case has a cut-out for the carger so you don't have to leave case open or take tab out of the case to charge like the Acase.

Also, I thought the acase also partially covered one of the switche or earphone port on tob of th tab.

smalis

Sep 3, 2010
Actually the pyro case has a cut-out for the carger so you don't have to leave case open or take tab out of the case to charge like the Acase.

Also, I thought the acase also partially covered one of the switche or earphone port on tob of th tab.

The Acase does not cover any switches or ports.

It does lack an opening for the charger when closed, but I found it very easy to cut one out using a pen-knife, and the opening has not gotten any bigger or frayed.

iTouch24

Jun 30, 2008
NYC
i was looking for some additional pictures for the
Black Carbon Fiber Pattern

i currently have the bookcase from samsung but this might steer me away

just the 5% code?

they have any promotional xda coupon codes ... is it free shipping?

dhuangxda

Oct 1, 2010
Just got my case today. Since this is my first tab and case, I don't have a point of reference to compare the Pyro against. But I must say I am very impressed with the quality of the case. From the perfect fit to the tight and neat stitches, it just oozes guality all over. All the ports and speakers are properly exposed. The case pushes the total thickness with the tab up to .75 inches, which is still slim enough for me. The case does, however, add noticeable weight to the tab, but I'd trade a little skinniness for protection and quality any day. The one tiny concern I have is how the clip that keeps the case closed is going to hold up in the long run. It works well now, but I hope it won't get stretched out and loose that it fails to keep the case closed. Overall I am very happy with the case, though I wish I had read the post above and pm Mr Pyro before I placed my order :) Every penny counts ;) Oh, and that carbon back looks tight!

xefe

Jul 16, 2007
I did my order 3 days ago after checking the nice reviews here, it was out of stock when i ordered, but seems it is on stock now. I will have the 3G model in 4 days in Europe, i assume the case is also compatible with the 3G model right?

I did the order as João from Portugal, i sent also an email asking some info about delivery times some minutes ago.

xefe

Jul 16, 2007
Are there already any pics of the new white one? I'm interested also to see how it looks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was given the opportunity to test out 2 cases by Pyro Skins. This is one of them and it is my favorite for sue. It's made of high quality materials. It fits the tab perfectly and the clips hold the tab very firmly without even coming close to marking up the tab. It doesn't add too much bulk to the already thin tab. It doesn't cover any of the hardware buttons at all. It feels great to carry around and it looks really classy. I would definitely recommend this case to anyone! This company did an awesome job with this one and
    Here's a video review so you an see it in action!!! http://youtu.be/Icy2XGehC_k?hd=1

weird, looks exactly like the acase i bought off amazon

i'll post pics tomorrow

Here you go took em quickly with my evo so sorry for not so great pictures.
    Restocked!

Just figured I'd let everyone know that they JUST restocked them! (Been checking every 10 minutes today since they said restocking September 8th lol)

Just bought my carbon fiber! :D