TV App Problem

Search This thread

ZekkRagnos

Oct 28, 2010
I got the phone yesterday and I can't seem to finish setting up the TV App cause I'm getting the same error over and over, is anyone else having this problem?
ru2erata.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

K3yMaster

Jun 21, 2005
Just finished setting it up a few minutes ago, and it worked fine

Wisefather46

Oct 21, 2011
Buffalo
Doesnt Work

Mine still doesn't work just tried it

Mine isn't working either. (using T-mobile M8) I wonder if it has something to do with TV providers being selected, I chose over the air maybe it cant access that data correctly (although it does come up with the most extensive list of over the air channels I have seen for my area some of which I've never even gotten with my 8 rooftop)

It sucks that you cant set up the remote without finishing this setup.

EDIT:
Just tried it with time warner setup and TV provider not listed it still wont work.

Last edited:

Flandro

Oct 5, 2009
Same error here on TMobile M8 and Viper Rom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jslcpd157

Jul 13, 2010
Getting the same error on my wife's Verizon One M8. I was able to set mine up just fine, same type of phone, just a couple of hours before she tried hers.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Cuppeerr

Mar 15, 2010
Grapevine, Texas
I set it up the night that I got it just fine. T-Mobile M8 running Viper Rom. Best bet would be to go into Settings>Apps> and clear out the data for the TV app, then try again? If not then idk:confused:

jslcpd157

Jul 13, 2010
I tried everything! Clear out app data. Uninstalled update. Restarted the phone. Etc. Nothing seems to work. The weirdest part is that I was able to do it just a couple hours before she tried. Doesn't make any sense!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

ZekkRagnos

Oct 28, 2010
Guys, just to let everyone know that I tried one hour ago and it finally worked, so check again