[Q] CM nightlies - no cell data

Search This thread

thefunkyprimer

May 24, 2014
Noob post incoming. I did my best to search around and didn't find much. Hate creating a new thread but was locked out from posting in CM dev thread for obvious reasons. Not too experienced in the world of root, so forgive my ignorance. This will hopefully be a quick question:

I've tried running the CM nightlies for the last two days on my T-Mobile M8, and the only big problem is a complete lack of cell data. It displays that I have bars, and while it cuts in and out often (which I expect), I can't get a drop of data to go through. Even at full bars.

I've seen a few people mention connection issues, but didn't see anyone saying anything about a complete lack of cell data. I'd normally just chalk it up to being a nightly build issue, but since I can't find it mentioned elsewhere, I'm wondering if maybe I'm just doing something wrong. If not, no worries, but I'd be stoked if I can run it as a daily at the moment.

Anyone have any advice on what I might be doing wrong, or how I can resolve it?

Edit:

Chrome itself displays error that "Wi-Fi and mobile data are turned off" when only wifi is turned off.

I just tested calling and SMS and both are working with Wi-Fi off. So obviously I'm maintaining some type of radio connection.

Thanks a ton in advance!

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
@thefunkyprimer

I just got your PM. Unfortunately I know nothing about T-Mobile and/or why you would be having the issues. What have you tried? Switching APNs? Switching from 3G to 4G? I also haven't run CM longer than five minutes in a couple years. So I'm not much use in terms of running it personally.

Try my ROM and see if data works for you. That's pretty much all I got for you at the moment. But if you did try my ROM and data works, that might be a starting point. Make sure to fully wipe your device prior to flashing.