Charging Docks

Search This thread

derpious

Oct 23, 2010
Has anyone else noticed the 3th pic, de mini USB connector is in de middle of de dock, which would cause the phone to be off center when placed upon the dock.
Pictures are probarly stock pictures and not necessarily exactly right for the HoX but will give you a good idea of what to expect.

geenyous

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 20, 2007
Shanghai
Just found this one on Amazon.de:

USB-Desktop-Sync-Docking-Station

I think I might get it, seems to be exactly what I am looking for and the micro USB connector is at the right place too ;)

Attachments

• 413FUd6Ly5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    413FUd6Ly5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 286

jires

Dec 27, 2008
Hedehusene
Just found this one on Amazon.de:

USB-Desktop-Sync-Docking-Station

I think I might get it, seems to be exactly what I am looking for and the micro USB connector is at the right place too ;)

Have someone think about hack that kind of cradle??
I think, I'll buy that one and try put MHL adapter inside, so when I'll put my HOX into a dock I'll get video on my desktop lcd screen right away.. Maybe mouse and keyboard also (over bluetooth) if place NFC tag on dock....

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
Will the original HTC dock allow charging as fast as the power supply that comes with the one x? Meaning, charging with 1 Ampere

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

rasterX

Jan 28, 2008
Los Angeles
I think, I'll buy that one and try put MHL adapter inside <snip>

I too want something that supports MHL. In this eBay listing (appears to be same model everyone is posting, and Expansys is currently listing), it shows what appears to be a micro-B female connector on the back. Hopefully all the lines are connected and an MHL adapter can plug right into that. Otherwise, we would need a type-A female to micro-B female adapter to convert the dock's cable into something that (might) work with an MHL adapter.

attached image from this listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Dock-De...ccessories&hash=item4164f34e26#ht_2594wt_1163

Attachments

• getitnowhongkong.jpg
    getitnowhongkong.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 254

magic_moe_

Aug 16, 2010
www.youtube.com
Sony Xperia 1 V
Has anybody tried to reverse engineer pogo pins? Otherwise I don't see any added value from the dock with micro usb... just use usb cable and some kind of stand...

not that I know off...

aren't the pogo pins giving even less of an option? they transfer audio and power...and the micro-usb transfers video/audio and power...

just use a stand and microUSB ;)

GioDoe

Apr 2, 2012
Has anybody tried to reverse engineer pogo pins? Otherwise I don't see any added value from the dock with micro usb... just use usb cable and some kind of stand...

I suspect that we will not see a lot of accessories using those pins. I am not an engineer, but they look so tiny that anything connecting to them should be built with really small tolerances, so it might end up being not so much more comfortable to use than the usb plug. What I mean is the difference between just casually dropping the phone in a cradle vs. having to take care of aligning it into a snug slot.

Maybe I am just saying crap though, the man went already on the moon after all :)

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
I suspect that we will not see a lot of accessories using those pins. I am not an engineer, but they look so tiny that anything connecting to them should be built with really small tolerances, so it might end up being not so much more comfortable to use than the usb plug. What I mean is the difference between just casually dropping the phone in a cradle vs. having to take care of aligning it into a snug slot.

Maybe I am just saying crap though, the man went already on the moon after all :)

I was thinking the same myself, actually. Also, since some of the official hard cases have cutouts for the pogo pins, that means you need to account for the phone being two different distances from the pogo pins, yet still getting an accurate positioning.

geenyous

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 20, 2007
Shanghai
I think I'd rather get this one:

Docking station

Although it looks exactly like the other one, it has a rear view showing a micro (hopefully?) usb female plug, where I hope I will be able to plug my MHL cable.

I'll let you guys know asa I get it.

pinn___________

Jan 8, 2010
Middlesbrough
Samsung Galaxy S8
I ordered one of these as a temporary bedroom/alarm clock holder till the official one ( or a good quality pogo pin is offered )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280874101270?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It's more curved than all the other ones and hopefully my phone will slot in easily.

I assume it won't make my phone enter dock mode though :(

Si

Or make one of these in post 10 :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=488856&highlight=crabble

Top Liked Posts