[TOOL] OneClick SuperCID for Unlocking Bootloader

Search This thread

Boland216

May 19, 2010
is anyone else getting stuck when it tries to send 'unlocktoken'? It freezes until I reboot the phone, then adb says error - too many links....?

monofurioso

Jun 6, 2010
Scenic Northern New Jersey
Seems as if Thursday night was the perfect time to accept delivery of my One X.

Come home, check the boards, and not only is there a one-click root tool, but 1st thing in the morning an easy bootloader unlock! Now I've got an unlocked, rooted, 1.82.502 with the fast & light CleanROM. Awesome.

I think I'm about done. It's almost a let down... The phone is pretty much perfect!

cbasse

how long should it be sitting on "Restarting ADB"? been sitting here for several minutes now...don't want to do anything drastic, or am I safe at this point restarting the process (and maybe restart my computer to see if that does anything)?

LNKNPRKFN

Dec 16, 2010
BRAMPTON
All this tool does is replace your CID. Once your CID has been replaced (or faked) you then have to go through the steps on the HTCDev site to actually get the bootloader unlocked.

So yes this method still requires you to go through the HTCdev site steps.

I have rogers HOX but just asking for other people to have answer

Sent from my ROOTED HTC One X using xda premium

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Here's a linux script to get SuperCID. It's fully automated, but only does SuperCID, no unlocking!
http://www.slicky.net/code/onexl/SuperCID-OneXL.tar.gz

Dowload SuperCID-OneXL.tar.gz
Extract the file
Open a terminal window in the directory it creates
Type: chmod +x supercid.sh
Press enter.
Type: ./supercid.sh

And you're done!

This works with Rogers and AT&T. If somebody could get me the CIDs for any other One XL variants, I could make it work for those too.

Thanks,
Billy

Last edited:
R

Red5

Here's a linux script to get SuperCID. It's fully automated, but only does SuperCID, no unlocking!
http://www.slicky.net/code/onexl/SuperCID-OneXL.tar.gz

Dowload SuperCID-OneXL.tar.gz
Extract the file
Open a terminal window in the directory it creates
Type: chmod +x supercid.sh
Press enter.
Type: ./supercid.sh

And you're done!

This works with Rogers and AT&T. If somebody could get me the CIDs for any other One XL variants, I could make it work for those too.

Thanks,
Billy
Added to the OP. Thank you!

Last edited:

Bedeadu

Jun 8, 2009
Toronto
Rogers

I wanted superCID for my Rogers device, so decided to give this a shot. It has already been confirmed that it works on Rogers, but I would like to point out that if you have already unlocked with ROGERS001 CID(without needing to make any mods to mmcblk04p)..then you do require to go through the HTCdev procedure again and get a NEW unlock_code.bin emailed to you. I tried with my original file (because it is stated on the HTCdev site that you only need to get this file one).

I had relocked and flashed Rogers RUU before starting this process as I gave myself a soft brick doing something else beforehand.

Hope that is helpful for Rogers users.

Reactions: toastyy

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
Thanks much to the devs who figured this out! :)

I updated the script to add some more safety. It now checks that the CID is either ATT or Rogers before trying to patch.

This will prevent bricking if something changes in the future.

It requires a new tool (included in the zip) to extract contents of the dumped file. Please extract this zip file in the same folder and replace the existing script.

Here is the main part of the change, for people who are curious:

Code:
ECHO Checking if patch can be applied
@set ATT_CID=[CWS__001]
@set ROGERS_CID=[ROGER001]
@hexdump /skip:$214 /keep:8 /bare mmcblk0p4ORIG > $check$ 2>nul
@for /f "tokens=*" %%i in ($check$) do set line=%%i 
@del $check$
@for %%i in (%line%) do set token=[%%i]
@set line=

@if "%token%" == "%ATT_CID%" goto Patch > nul
@if "%token%" == "%ROGERS_CID%" goto Patch > nul
goto FAIL-TOKEN-MISMATCH

:PATCH

Attachments

• Unlock-Tool-Patch.zip
    30.4 KB · Views: 211

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
I wanted superCID for my Rogers device, so decided to give this a shot. It has already been confirmed that it works on Rogers, but I would like to point out that if you have already unlocked with ROGERS001 CID(without needing to make any mods to mmcblk04p)..then you do require to go through the HTCdev procedure again and get a NEW unlock_code.bin emailed to you. I tried with my original file (because it is stated on the HTCdev site that you only need to get this file one).

I had relocked and flashed Rogers RUU before starting this process as I gave myself a soft brick doing something else beforehand.

Hope that is helpful for Rogers users.

So if I'm still on rogers cid. And want super cid...I can't just.run this?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Bedeadu

Jun 8, 2009
Toronto
Funny you posted this right after my comment. Just curious why your check is required? Rogers starts offset the same as the original script, at 214, so why would it matter if Rogers or at&t(at least on 1.73 devices).

Am i missing something?

GameGod72

Jun 24, 2010
Funny you posted this right after my comment. Just curious why your check is required? Rogers starts offset the same as the original script, at 214, so why would it matter if Rogers or at&t(at least on 1.73 devices).

Am i missing something?

I presume you are talking about my script modification.

Its a safety check. It made me nervous that the original script was overwriting data expecting the CID to be at that offset without any verification. I felt a check was crucial, as writing the wrong data has been shown to completely brick the device.

Bedeadu

Jun 8, 2009
Toronto
So if I'm still on rogers cid. And want super cid...I can't just.run this?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Yes you CAN run this, you do understand the process to get the unlock_code yes? You follow the exact steps as an AT&T user would.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Its a safety check. It made me nervous that the original script was overwriting data expecting the CID to be at that offset without any verification. I felt a check was crucial, as writing the wrong data has been shown to completely brick the device.

Yes sorry, forgot to quote you...and I agree safety checks are good...I apologize I think I misunderstood your script the first time I looked at it! After downloading the whole script, it all made sense, and does seem smart to implement.

Last edited:

JeepFreak

May 17, 2008
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Yeah, that is kinda scary. My linux script replaces the AT&T or Rogers CID no matter what offset its at and it also verifies that the modified file is the same size as the original. It also saves a backup if the original. Just something to think about.
Billy

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

elmerct

Dec 1, 2010
An astoundingly easy process to unlock the bootloader! Just as I was about to buck up this morning and attempt the manual method I saw this. Thanks so much to the devs that made this possible as well as those that made the unlock possible in the first place! I love XDA!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts