[GUIDE]Porting HDPI-MDPI[Framework-res&SystemUI.apk]

Search This thread

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Today I am going to show u how to port an HDPI Framework-res.apk or/and systemUI.apk to MDPI

Software u are going to need:

=============================
-WINRAR
-MIR.NET (multiple image resizer)
Download links at bottom:p

First-
Create the folders “HDPI” and “MDPI” then get your HDPI framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk ready, do the same with your MDPI one’s. Let’s do the systemUI.apk extract the res folder inside the HDPI and MDPI systemUI.apk’s with WINRAR to the folders u created earlier.

NOTE-
I am going to do res/drawable-mdpi

Second- U are going to resize the png’s in HDPI to MDPI then replace the png’s in the MDPI folder.

NOTE- When you are doing this from an newer version of Android it will be harder as the png’s are not going to have the right names.

Ok now make a backup of your MDPI res/”what ever folder u are porting” folder and HDPI res/”what ever folder u are porting” folder, then move the png’s from your HDPI res folder to the MDPI res folder. Then your operating system should ask “MOVE AND REPLACE THE PNG’s WITH THE SAME NAME” then select no.

NOTE-
what u did now is determine which of the png’s have the same name.

Third- Open the rest of the png’s that stayed in the HDPI res folder in MIR.NET

9kuz35.jpg

Go to resizing tab at the bottom and select percentage and set the percentage to 66%

24cxu0h.png

Go to saving options and select were you want to save it
Then go to the GO tab and select GO

Fourth- When it’s done copy those png’s into the MDPI/res folder that u are porting….
AND YOU ARE DONE!:D

NOTE- when porting XHDPI to MDPI resize to 66% and then again to 66%
NOTE- When you are porting from ICS to gingerbread or vice-versa u are going to need to rename the from the base to where u are porting to.
NOTE- porting Framework-res.apk is the same as systemUI.apk

IF U HAVE GOT ANY QEUSTIONS PLEASE COMMENT BELLOW!Will update as I find easier ways;)

TO MOD-ALL SOFTWARE ARE EITHER TRAILS OF FREE

DOWNLOAD

WINRAR- http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
MIR- http://www.multipleimageresizer.net/download.aspx

Last edited:

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Any rom as this is the png's so any rom to any rom but....some are harder like if u are porting from an DDQK8 based rom (it does not have to be an Ace rom) to a DDQK8 rom it's very easy but from ICS to gingerbread or SII to Ace is hard cuz most of the png's you are going to have to rename:)

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Okay but Icons can be bigger/smaller than they state...so go up with 2% each time and see when they are the same....

Still don't think it's realy HDPI----? I once ported "HDPI" HTC icons that were not completely HDPI....

ALSO Icons may not look that good...

NutellaBanane

Apr 20, 2012
thanks for sharing :)

But for me the best is to edit each image manually and patch each 9.png manually :p !

Old School ftw !

Reactions: iptux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I am going to show u how to port an HDPI Framework-res.apk or/and systemUI.apk to MDPI

Software u are going to need:

-WINRAR
    -MIR.NET (multiple image resizer)
    Download links at bottom:p

First-
    Create the folders “HDPI” and “MDPI” then get your HDPI framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk ready, do the same with your MDPI one’s. Let’s do the systemUI.apk extract the res folder inside the HDPI and MDPI systemUI.apk’s with WINRAR to the folders u created earlier.

NOTE-
    I am going to do res/drawable-mdpi

Second- U are going to resize the png’s in HDPI to MDPI then replace the png’s in the MDPI folder.

NOTE- When you are doing this from an newer version of Android it will be harder as the png’s are not going to have the right names.

Ok now make a backup of your MDPI res/”what ever folder u are porting” folder and HDPI res/”what ever folder u are porting” folder, then move the png’s from your HDPI res folder to the MDPI res folder. Then your operating system should ask “MOVE AND REPLACE THE PNG’s WITH THE SAME NAME” then select no.

NOTE-
    what u did now is determine which of the png’s have the same name.

Third- Open the rest of the png’s that stayed in the HDPI res folder in MIR.NET

9kuz35.jpg

Go to resizing tab at the bottom and select percentage and set the percentage to 66%

24cxu0h.png

Go to saving options and select were you want to save it
    Then go to the GO tab and select GO

Fourth- When it’s done copy those png’s into the MDPI/res folder that u are porting….
    AND YOU ARE DONE!:D

NOTE- when porting XHDPI to MDPI resize to 66% and then again to 66%
    NOTE- When you are porting from ICS to gingerbread or vice-versa u are going to need to rename the from the base to where u are porting to.
    NOTE- porting Framework-res.apk is the same as systemUI.apk

IF U HAVE GOT ANY QEUSTIONS PLEASE COMMENT BELLOW!Will update as I find easier ways;)

TO MOD-ALL SOFTWARE ARE EITHER TRAILS OF FREE

DOWNLOAD

WINRAR- http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    MIR- http://www.multipleimageresizer.net/download.aspx
    Any rom as this is the png's so any rom to any rom but....some are harder like if u are porting from an DDQK8 based rom (it does not have to be an Ace rom) to a DDQK8 rom it's very easy but from ICS to gingerbread or SII to Ace is hard cuz most of the png's you are going to have to rename:)
    o_O

What §.§

A program for fast resizing -.-

Damm

Bye photoshp

Btw i u resize .9.pngs its diffrent

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
    can i port from any rom or specification roms?
    o_O

What §.§

A program for fast resizing -.-

Damm

Bye photoshp

Btw i u resize .9.pngs its diffrent

i had told you about this long ago -_-