My case/screen protector setup

Search This thread

SirHoover2010

Sep 12, 2011
Vincennes
Just ordered a few things and got them today.
1. ArmorSuit Military Shield-so far much better than zagg.
2.Cimo TPU gloss black-looks awesome and fits perfect.

Figured I would share because there isn't a whole lot out for this phone and I really like this setup. Looks better than without it IMO. Also protects it nice without adding a whole lot of bulk. All for 18 bucks on amazon.

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk 2

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
You ever heard of ghost armor? They make really good skins with a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my JokerMATRIX HD MAXX

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
Are you using the battery mod?
I'm about to install one but not sure which case to buy afterwards.

Sent from my phone.

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
I can confirm otterbox cases work after the mod.

Sent from my InfliktedMATRIX HD MAXX

marcelarr

Mar 12, 2012
Quetzaltenango
I have the Otterbox comuter case in white. I have the screen protector that came with it and its pretty nice! The only objection I have is after taking it off a few times the silicon has become a little loose... will apply my hair drier to it and see if it fixes anything. The other day my beer spilled over my phone and the silicon layer prevented it from seeping into the phone itself. So pretty good! This is my favorite case because it seems to protect very nicely without adding too much bulk. Also... I like to have protection for the all the places on the phone with plugs... and this one does it. I do feel that it is a bit hard to align the silicon layer that rests on top of the volume and power buttons at times and if they are not completely aligned, they wont work. The case is pretty hard to put on especial the first few times.

I also have the Incipio Sycrilic case and its pretty decent... but the area around the sd card/ sim card slot is a bit loose. It protects corners pretty well, but Im afraid if I drop it and it falls on the sd card/sim area ... it will break. Also... I ordered this one from ebay at 6 dollars! I ordered the pruple ant the metal like one. Upon receiving them one of them was broken on the upper part (around the camera)... contacted the seller and they shipped a replacement, but I do feel it is easy to break. Overall its pretty good. The volume and power buttons on this one are covered by the silicon layer, but there is no protection for the plugs at all.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251137707975?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I also own the Body Glove Encore case... but this one the least protective of all. Leaves the top and bottom completely unprotected. Compared to the 2 cases described above, it is the thinnest. Its a snap on, one layer case compared to the dual protection of the others.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350687127577?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have Otterbox defender case. This one is the bulkiest of all. Besides bulk the thing I dont like about this one is the incorporated screen protector. Although the idea is great I know one day it will be very scratched.

In the end... I would recommend the Otterbox Commuter case because its not too bulky, and the second one I would recommend is the Incipio sicrilic, especially since Im not one to drop (this) my phone so much (never have). If your on a budget on the link I posted to it... you can purchase Incipio for $5.99 (4.99 for the purple one) with free shipping compared to the Commuter that cost me $20 and Defender that I got for $40.

Im attaching picutres of the first 3 cases in the mentioned order.

Attachments

• obcommuter.jpg
    obcommuter.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 255
  • incipiosycr.jpg
    incipiosycr.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 245
  • bodyglove.jpg
    bodyglove.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 246

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
I had the white commuter. It was a Damn pain to line up the buttons. As far as the screen getting scratched on the defender. Yeah it'll happen after awhile. But otterbox will warranty it and send you a whole new case. I have 3 defenders right now for this phone and only paid the original 50 bucks.

Reactions: marcelarr

marcelarr

Mar 12, 2012
Quetzaltenango
I had the white commuter. It was a Damn pain to line up the buttons. As far as the screen getting scratched on the defender. Yeah it'll happen after awhile. But otterbox will warranty it and send you a whole new case. I have 3 defenders right now for this phone and only paid the original 50 bucks.

Submitting my warranty claim right now... for both the commuter case (since the silicon layer has become loose) and for the defender case for screen scratches. Ill let you know how that goes.

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
Google Pixel 3a
OnePlus 8T
Just ordered a few things and got them today.
1. ArmorSuit Military Shield-so far much better than zagg.
2.Cimo TPU gloss black-looks awesome and fits perfect.

Figured I would share because there isn't a whole lot out for this phone and I really like this setup. Looks better than without it IMO. Also protects it nice without adding a whole lot of bulk. All for 18 bucks on amazon.

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk 2

Is your case the cimo s-line case? I'm debating on getting it with the eb40 mod and want to know if it'll fit okay.

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.