May 3, 2011
EDIT - READ THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Rhodium/FM_Radio

I made it :)

I'll post the cab , i promise :D !!!!

Just thrust me!!

i'll post between 22h and 23h gmt.

Bye :)!!

EDIT- have fun :) Install on the device !!!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/239750180/HTC_FM_Radio.cab
I don't know where my previous message went...somewhere about tablets. I am inquiring about adding FM radio to the HTC Rhodium. Is there a way to get the .CAB file on a FREE site (sans the pay rapidshare site)? And can I add FM radio to my Rhodium (Touch Pro2) without flashing the ROM? ptcruiser1125@suddenlink.net

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
I don't know where my previous message went...somewhere about tablets. I am inquiring about adding FM radio to the HTC Rhodium. Is there a way to get the .CAB file on a FREE site (sans the pay rapidshare site)? And can I add FM radio to my Rhodium (Touch Pro2) without flashing the ROM? ptcruiser1125@suddenlink.net

RapidShare is free to use. You just have to click on the big link at the bottom that says FREE DOWNLOAD. Simple, right? If that is too hard, I've included the file from the link you quoted that I downloaded for free. Bear in mind it will only work with models RHOD100, RHOD110, RHOD210, and RHOD300. The other two CDMA devices (RHOD400 & RHOD500) will not work with this cab.

Last edited:
Maybe.. IF i were to venture a guess, maybe they wanted to get it to work without having to use the wired earphones as an antenna and couldn't? i dono.

Two questions tho..

1. Anyone in the U.S. have a TP2 that they tried this on? Does it pick up US bands?

2. Can you , in fact, change the output, despite headphones being plugged in, so that it outputs to the speaker?

It works flawlessly on my TP2, wm6.5, stock ROM, here in California. As you can see, there is the option to output to the speaker.

fm.jpg

Last edited:

rokkywoof

Jan 28, 2009
Verizon TP2 Also has GSM Radio

you have a gsm phone.

Since it is one of VzW's "world phones" it has GSM in addtion to CDMA, and in fact I have switched it to T-Mobile as a test of that (only getting Edge it seems where I can get HSPA on my Dell Streak 5). I have an Imagio, which is pretty much a keyboardless version of the TP2 (with the same GSM support) from what I can tell, so I tried copying over all the \Windows\FM*.* files from that, but not getting any response when I tap the FMradio.exe file on the TP2 (the tap-start method, in Total Commander, works on the Imagio, but I suppose not being registered in the TP2's Registry via proper install could be an issue, also?). Is the FM receiver actually missing from the VzW TP2?

P.S. I know I am "late" to this discussion, but got a wild hair recently to mess with this TP2 I got off eBay for $25 (with extended battery even, although that makes it really brick-ish) as an alternative to the Imagio, which, in turn, I keep reconsidering as an alternative to my frustrations with some of my Android phone's shortcomings like the sloppiness of capacitive screens vs using a stylus on the resistive screens of the old WinMob 6.x phones, and their nice handwriting recognizer that just makes it a nicer, more private PIM device (vs Android's consumption focus, and Google intrusiveness).

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Since it is one of VzW's "world phones" it has GSM in addtion to CDMA, and in fact I have switched it to T-Mobile as a test of that (only getting Edge it seems where I can get HSPA on my Dell Streak 5). I have an Imagio, which is pretty much a keyboardless version of the TP2 (with the same GSM support) from what I can tell, so I tried copying over all the \Windows\FM*.* files from that, but not getting any response when I tap the FMradio.exe file on the TP2 (the tap-start method, in Total Commander, works on the Imagio, but I suppose not being registered in the TP2's Registry via proper install could be an issue, also?). Is the FM receiver actually missing from the VzW TP2?

P.S. I know I am "late" to this discussion, but got a wild hair recently to mess with this TP2 I got off eBay for $25 (with extended battery even, although that makes it really brick-ish) as an alternative to the Imagio, which, in turn, I keep reconsidering as an alternative to my frustrations with some of my Android phone's shortcomings like the sloppiness of capacitive screens vs using a stylus on the resistive screens of the old WinMob 6.x phones, and their nice handwriting recognizer that just makes it a nicer, more private PIM device (vs Android's consumption focus, and Google intrusiveness).

CDMA Touch Pro 2 devices have the FM radio disabled at the hardware level. It doesn't matter if you're using the CDMA device on a GSM network. It is still a CDMA device without FM support.

As far as the Imagio, that's a question for a different sub-forum, as this one is specific to the Rhodium (Touch Pro 2).

rokkywoof

Jan 28, 2009
Thanks for the quick response, cajunflavoredbob.

I was not asking about the Imagio per se, rather pointing out using its FM-related program files on the TP2 in case the FM radio on the TP2 was enabled - end of that notion with your (unfortunate) confirmation.

I read in a PPCgeeks thread on this topic a posting where the poster showed email from HTC and VzW on this issue, and it came down to VzW marketing telling HTC to disable the feature (while adding the CDMA radio(es) to the GSM it would seem). Yet they later "allowed" the FM to be enabled on the very similar Imagio (only real difference being lack of keyboard with almost all other functional specs being the same, i.e. GSM+CDMA radios, CPU, BT, screen, interchangeable battery, etc) - very disappointing inconsistency of VzW marketing policy.

Oh well, it was just a $25 experiment, so I will keep on moving right along ...

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Thanks for the quick response, cajunflavoredbob.

I was not asking about the Imagio per se, rather pointing out using its FM-related program files on the TP2 in case the FM radio on the TP2 was enabled - end of that notion with your (unfortunate) confirmation.

I read in a PPCgeeks thread on this topic a posting where the poster showed email from HTC and VzW on this issue, and it came down to VzW marketing telling HTC to disable the feature (while adding the CDMA radio(es) to the GSM it would seem). Yet they later "allowed" the FM to be enabled on the very similar Imagio (only real difference being lack of keyboard with almost all other functional specs being the same, i.e. GSM+CDMA radios, CPU, BT, screen, interchangeable battery, etc) - very disappointing inconsistency of VzW marketing policy.

Oh well, it was just a $25 experiment, so I will keep on moving right along ...

I recall a thread with a guy trying to get it working on the CDMA Rodium. He ended up finding out that the FM antenna lead from the ARM chip was grounded out. I think they even had a bounty going for it. My memory on that thread may be a bit fuzzy, since this was a couple years ago.

In any case, Verizon and Sprint were definitely the culprits. They've been having a war on OTA radio for years. They prefer you to pay for data plans and stream everything. There isn't any money for them to make by enabling FM radio.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

mirabilos

Dec 31, 2010
www.mirbsd.org
Since my account is new I cant post outside link but here is the break down.

Thanks! The file from http://www.mediafire.com/download/zrynmnziazd/HTC_FM_Radio.cab indeed works.

This one doesn’t, but can we please compare md5sums to know the file is right?

The one from mediafire has 84ed1bbfa8b37f2123dfe2dbcf7b6373 as md5sum.

Thanks in advance! (Getting my HTC Touch Pro 2 next week… can’t wait…)

Top Liked Posts