Huawei Mediapad / T-Mobile Springboard Discussion

Search This thread

buzzbuzz68

Apr 16, 2012
Back-camera not working

I'm on the latest beta ICS and had the one before installed also, both with root. Since the installation of ICS my back camera is no longer working. The front-one has no issues. Am I the only one?

hansoho

Jan 12, 2012
It's a graphics library where some apps use it. You only need to remove the libjnigraphics.so and probably can leave aldiko and libreader.so. Libjnigraphics is a standard android library. You can also found it on /system/lib. The one in the cust/hw/normal/lib supposed to be a customized version, but apparently it didn't work. Now all the apps that using this lib should work, like adobe apps, opera, ezpdf, etc.
Basically by deleting the one in cust folder, it will use the one in the system/lib

It worked for me! :)

Use root explorer, mount the directory to make it writable, then delete it. Reboot and the application will now work.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using xda premium

lukemeedad

Aug 24, 2008
Nonthaburi
I will try. Thanks for all suggestions.

Root explorer works great for me!!!

Apps that didn't work before such as kindle, ezpdf, now work flawlessly.

Thanks again !!!!

Last edited:

zelduy

Nov 26, 2008
libjnigraphics.so from Aldiko is broken.
some applications are now working correctly after uninstall Aldiko and libraries

try remove
Code:
/cust/hw/normal/delapp/Aldiko.apk
/cust/hw/normal/lib/libjnigraphics.so
/cust/hw/normal/lib/libreader.so
and reboot.

Awesome!!! Everything is working now!!!
Photoshop touch, ezpdf my most important stuffs are working... Thanks a lot.. No need to go back to HC now for me...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

eses1234

Oct 11, 2010
hmmmm.

After I have read this great news (how to fix non working apps) I decided to go again to ICS. I have installed the ROM ...SP3+ Root from post #979 and I thought it is already rooted. Then In gave root rights to Hd exporer and ES File.Explorer also checked the options to "mount / as writable dir" but.... filename changing/updating/Deleting/permissions are stil not possible...

Can anybody tell me what's wrong and how to proceed?

When I Start both explorers I get notification.that superuser provided rights, but apparently something is still wrong. Maybe I should Root my tab manually again? How? Is there any special root package for ICS?

FYI. I have also tried terminal emulator with superuser rights. After executing su - the whoami gives "...user0" so it looks like root, but filename changing attempt ends with message "filesystem not writable". Any hint?

v35lee

Mar 29, 2010
es not working... unable to delete...

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA

hmmmm.

After I have read this great news (how to fix non working apps) I decided to go again to ICS. I have installed the ROM ...SP3+ Root from post #979 and I thought it is already rooted. Then In gave root rights to Hd exporer and ES File.Explorer also checked the options to "mount / as writable dir" but.... filename changing/updating/Deleting/permissions are stil not possible...

Can anybody tell me what's wrong and how to proceed?

When I Start both explorers I get notification.that superuser provided rights, but apparently something is still wrong. Maybe I should Root my tab manually again? How? Is there any special root package for ICS?

FYI. I have also tried terminal emulator with superuser rights. After executing su - the whoami gives "...user0" so it looks like root, but filename changing attempt ends with message "filesystem not writable". Any hint?
I had the same problem, but used Rom Toolbox (free version) as noted in a recent post by rurou and was able to delete the files. Not sure why we are having issues with ES File Explorer.

Last edited:

tinpak5536

Jul 23, 2008
Did u install busybox first??

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I had the same problem, but used Rom Toolbox (free version) as noted in a recent post by rurou and was able to delete the files. Not sure why we are having issues with ES File Explorer.

eses1234

Oct 11, 2010

What do you mean by installing busybox. I thought the version ...SP3+root was supposed to be already rooted. What else should we do? Should I install busybox additionally? How to check busybox manually?

The things I have validated:

1. There is superuser app installed in a system and says it grants superuser rights to file explorers when they are started (at least is says so) .
2. The /mnt/sdcard/sanixupdate dir contains busybox (size 752,32K)
3. RootCheckerBasic says the device is rooted.

I have checked and sanixupdate attached to previous ICS ROM contained another busybox (size 808,75K - bigger one). Can anybody validate which one is correct? Can I just reinstall Superuser (free), or maybe busybox (free) from Playstore? Will it work with ...SP3 ROM?

Last edited:

tinpak5536

Jul 23, 2008
What do you mean by installing busybox. I thought the version ...SP3+root was supposed to be already rooted. What else should we do? Should I install busybox additionally? How to check busybox manually?

The things I have validated:

1. There is superuser app installed in a system and says it grants superuser rights to file explorers when they are started (at least is says so) .
2. The /mnt/sdcard/sanixupdate dir contains busybox (size 752,32K)
3. RootCheckerBasic says the device is rooted.

I have checked and sanixupdate attached to previous ICS ROM contained another busybox (size 808,75K - bigger one). Can anybody validate which one is correct? Can I just reinstall Superuser (free), or maybe busybox (free) from Playstore? Will it work with ...SP3 ROM?

yes if didn't have busybox,SU file will not work correctly.U can download it at Playstore for free.

eses1234

Oct 11, 2010
yes if didn't have busybox,SU file will not work correctly.U can download it at Playstore for free.
I have just:
1. installed busybox (free) from Playstore, (/system/xbin/busybox is now dated today 17.04.2012 - brand new)
2. Installed SuUpdateFixer (free) from Playstore. It says the superuser.apk signature is OK,
3. Updated Superuser.apk (was ver. 3.0.3 /system/xbin/su installed on 10.04.2012, now 3.0.3.2 /system/xbin/su dated 17.04.2012 - brand new)
4. rebooted tab

and... still no success. Cannot modify single system file - I have also tried to modify one system text file (build.properties) with NO SUCCESS. Looks like system folders cannot be mounted to writable. Can I mount it somehow manually?

Last edited:

rurou

Nov 28, 2008
and... still no success. Cannot modify single system file - I have also tried to modify one system text file (build.properties) with NO SUCCESS. Looks like system folders cannot be mounted to writable. Can I mount it somehow manually?

Download remount in play store (or better yet, download "mount /system " in play store) , choose the /cust folder as rw, click on the title.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leion

Leion

May 28, 2010
Remount app with es file manager, renamed the jnlgraphics file. Ezpdf worked again! Thanks!:)

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .....S7-301uV100R002C002B010SP3_root....
    What are the real resolution of the 2?

libjnigraphics.so from Aldiko is broken.
    some applications are now working correctly after uninstall Aldiko and libraries

try remove
    Code:
    /cust/hw/normal/delapp/Aldiko.apk
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libjnigraphics.so
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libreader.so
    and reboot.
    hey,

We are working on Clockwork Recovery at "android-hilfe.de".

Right now it s a beta version with some bugs.

i am able to make a backup. but at this time i cant flash it back.

also i compiled the 3.0.8 Kernel to CM9. more results the next days.

perhaps a download for the Clockwork Recovery.
    If someone wants to try out the new ICS Preview, i've created 2 mirrors for dowloading :)

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz

Install as usual.

After installing the rom you can root: copy sanixupdate folder to the root memory of the tablet (not in the microsd). Reboot and you are ready!

To shutdown the Mediapad keep pressing power button, otherwise through the menu it will go in deep sleep only.
    A root-ready version will arrive in about 3 hours (sorry, my uplod speed is weak, 30/kbs)