Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
Will I need an sd card?

Do I put it on sd card or ext_sd I think I've read both

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+

Damn it, I can't find the hboot download anywhere on XDA-- if this is it, has anyone used it? I'm going crazy to find one I can be sure is the correct eng hboot damn it!

Nevermind, I think I just found it here.. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25227322&postcount=226

I can't believe I ruined my 420 post count for this and found it 10 seconds later!

Last edited:

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
Will I need an sd card?

Do I put it on sd card or ext_sd I think I've read both

Look at post # 2 bro..

Post 2 also has links to all files needed besides the rom. READ guys READ

Originally Posted by electronicrice

1) Be Locked with S-Off using JuopunutBear's S-Off method.
2) Flash the ENG Hboot 1.90.2005 (rename to ph85img.zip and boot to bootloader)
3) With S-off and the ENG Hboot, rename the RUU to PH85IMG.zip and put on root of external SD card
4) Boot into bootloader and apply the update
5) Once updated, reflash the ENG Hboot again
6) Flash the CWM 5.5.0.4 recovery in fastboot (fastboot flash recovery *****.img)
7) Flash the Superuser package in recovery to gain root

sojizy

Jun 6, 2009
cant seem to unlock bootloader even after using the htc dev thing. any suggestions i have Hboot 1.93.0002, eMMC-boot

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Look at post # 2 bro..

3) With S-off and the ENG Hboot, rename the RUU to PH85IMG.zip and put on root of external SD card
6) Flash the CWM 5.5.0.4 recovery in fastboot (fastboot flash recovery *****.img)

Haha, I know it is easy to say "read more", but do understand, some of us have read SO MUCH that it becomes hard to remember/find what you know you read.. I read the first 30 pages of these posts last night for example, I knew there were instructions I found really useful somewhere around page 17-19, but I couldn't find the instructions/download for the damn eng hboot after the last hour of searching-- but of course I didn't re-read post TWO(I did hit the first page briefly tho)..
Anyways, not all of us are lazy or noobs-- I for one have about 10 tabs of info open I will be using as I do all of this..
I did hit the thanks button for you tho ;)

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
Look at post # 2 bro..

Ok thanks but I'm not going the s-off rout. As stated I'm completely stock and would like to stay that way.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
I installed this ROM, and thought I was installing the Stock TMOUS ICS that does not flash HBOOT or Recovery. So when i booted up I found I was without root, so I flashed the SU zip, and reflashed the ENG hboot and got it back. I did this after running controlbear for s-off, and thought **** I just lost my s-off, but lo and behold after rebooting to bootloader I found I was still s-off yay.

One problem I had though after setting up, I could not DL any apps from the market, no matter what it was the screen would hang on the DL indefenitely. So I could not get TB, 4EXT recovery control, root explorer etc. I had to restore an old backup and re back up all my apps in TB, (since the s-off procedure wiped my SD).
Now I am going to restore my ICS backup and see what,s going on.

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
Ok thanks but I'm not going the s-off rout. As stated I'm completely stock and would like to stay that way.

Perhaps we should update post 2 then for users with s-on that wish to remain s-on with root.

It is simple:

Below instructions for S ON users only who wish to remain S ON

Flash stock recovery

Relock phone (fastboot oem lock)

Flash rom update in bootloader (rename ruu to PH85IMG.zip, place on SD card and boot to bootloader)

Unlock with HTC tool

Flash custom recovery

Flash superuser package

Done!

Last edited:

Perry977

Jun 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
Perhaps we should update post 2 then for users with s-on that wish to remain s-on with root.

It is simple:

Flash stock recovery

Relock phone (fastboot oem lock)

Flash rom update in bootloader

Unlock with HTC tool

Flash custom recovery

Flash superuser package

Done!

i didnt even flash the stock recovery, i was in fourthbar 3.0 just relocked my bootloader, got the root, and download from market and every other thing including face unlock works perfect

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
If you are s-off, the boot loader being locked or unlocked makes no difference correct? My phone was unlocked, then I did s-off, installed juopunutbear's hboot. I then flashed the eng hboot and it came back as locked, but still s-off. But I've been flashing splash images and a ROM with no hiccups.

Sent from the morgue.

evil1art

Dec 7, 2009
Philadelphia, Pa
Loving it! Debloated and 90% sense free uploadfromtaptalk1335297455631.jpg

evil...............out!

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
Ok guys I've done everything that you guys have said.

Here's the problem:

I have to have a SD card for the IMG to be seen by bootloader.

It reads it with a blue bar on the top right side.
It then starts a new bar in same location but in gold.
After that it goes back to bootloader.

It does not give me the option to upgrade at all.

I posted the package in ext_sd and in sdcard. Both at the same time still nothing at all.

Top Liked Posts