[ROM][4.2.2][WIP][Alpha] SmartisanOS 22JAN2014

Search This thread

MisterSprinkles

May 9, 2013
Westmoreland
Ok guys. I'm posting this with hopes that I can get a little help on it. This is just a port and is VERY much an Alpha, so don't come and complain because things no worky.
Don't flash unless you know what you're doing!
If you brick your phone because you did something stupid, don't blame me.

Things that work-
It boots.
Soft keys(although they don't light up)/hard keys.
Proximity sensor.
Rotation.
Sound.
Vibration.

Things that don't work-
Phone/data/signal.
Bluetooth.
Wifi sort of works, it turns on and will scan successfully, but unable to connect.
Softkey lights.
Pretty sure GPS although I haven't tested it.
Storage is almost working.(Reads internal storage, but is linked wrong. Should be fixed next build.)
Camera- See above ^^
Probably more.

Like I said, it is just a preview and I am hoping to get someone on board that is able to help out.
One of the big things would be an updated 4.2.2 kernel WITHOUT SELinux. So if you know your way around kernel source and are feeling frisky, I wouldn't mind a kernel :p

MD5- 918120bc18716c79aefe968eecb3e8fb
Download- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HSiomhoCsZU0VXZnptdlVpWm8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Ok guys. I'm posting this with hopes that I can get a little help on it. This is just a port and is VERY much an Alpha, so don't come and complain because things no worky.

Things that work-
It boots.
Proximity sensor.
Rotation.
Sound.
Vibration.

Things that don't work-
Phone/data/signal.
Bluetooth.
Wifi sort of works, it turns on and will scan successfully, but unable to connect.
Softkey lights.
Storage is almost working.(Reads internal storage, but is linked wrong. Should be fixed next build.)
Camera- See above ^^
Probably more.

Like I said, it is just a preview and I am hoping to get someone on board that is able to help out.
One of the big things would be an updated 4.2.2 kernel WITHOUT SELinux. So if you know your way around kernel source and are feeling frisky, I wouldn't mind a kernel :p

Download- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HSiomhoCsZU0VXZnptdlVpWm8/edit?usp=sharing

What exactly do you need from a kernel

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: MisterSprinkles

MisterSprinkles

May 9, 2013
Westmoreland
I could help with that

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So I am fairly new to this community... I knew your name sounded familiar but I didn't pay attention. Now that I think of it and I realized why your name sounded familiar, I would LOVE it if you would do some of your kernel magic for me! Hope things are going good for you and hope your get your system set up soon. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zarboz

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
So I am fairly new to this community... I knew your name sounded familiar but I didn't pay attention. Now that I think of it and I realized why your name sounded familiar, I would LOVE it if you would do some of your kernel magic for me! Hope things are going good for you and hope your get your system set up soon. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Can you please send me a few things

a) A way to communicate (like hangouts or something)
b) What EXACTLY you need from a kernel (you said CM11 without SELinux wich is a easy flag switch)
c)....... yah just what A and B were but i wanted a third item....

hahaha

talk to you soon

Reactions: Nirvana Rules

MisterSprinkles

May 9, 2013
Westmoreland
Can you please send me a few things

a) A way to communicate (like hangouts or something)
b) What EXACTLY you need from a kernel (you said CM11 without SELinux wich is a easy flag switch)
c)....... yah just what A and B were but i wanted a third item....

hahaha

talk to you soon

jeremy.jensonjj@gmail for hangouts

Reactions: Nirvana Rules

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
Okay for data/signal depending on how they have their framework setup you need to add all your CM RIL from cm telephony-common.jar Decompile it and look for all the smalis with RIL in the name and phonefactory. Smali add all those smalis to smartisan telephony-common.jar /com/android/internal/telephony that should give you functioning data or a start to phone a radio log would help btw
Storage is related to storage-list.XML in framework-res.apk use the one from CM for your device(should resolve camera also but I recommend using Gallery2.apk from CM since it will 100% work)
Soft key lights is in Framework-res .apk /res/values/arrays.xml that controls button brightness and brightness levels/vibration

What device was this ported from?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

MisterSprinkles

May 9, 2013
Westmoreland
Okay for data/signal depending on how they have their framework setup you need to add all your CM RIL from cm telephony-common.jar Decompile it and look for all the smalis with RIL in the name and phonefactory. Smali add all those smalis to smartisan telephony-common.jar /com/android/internal/telephony that should give you functioning data or a start to phone a radio log would help btw
Storage is related to storage-list.XML in framework-res.apk use the one from CM for your device(should resolve camera also but I recommend using Gallery2.apk from CM since it will 100% work)
Soft key lights is in Framework-res .apk /res/values/arrays.xml that controls button brightness and brightness levels/vibration

Ok thanks for the tip on the radio. I have tried the storage-list.xml thing already as I thought that was the problem but it gave me a bootloop. This was ported from Oppo Find 5.

MisterSprinkles

May 9, 2013
Westmoreland
Weird what the logcat say?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I was able to get storage working for the most part. File manager shows everything at least. Camera and Gallery work, but Gallery only shows pictures that were taken after ROM was installed and doesn't show anything that is already on the device. I replaced the config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues with the ones from CM. Still a no go for the button lights but that's not anything major haha. Tried copying the ril files you mentioned and now it won't let me open settings.

Last edited:

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
I was able to get storage working for the most part. File manager shows everything at least. Camera and Gallery work, but Gallery only shows pictures that were taken after ROM was installed and doesn't show anything that is already on the device. I replaced the config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues with the ones from CM. Still a no go for the button lights but that's not anything major haha. Tried copying the ril files you mentioned and now it won't let me open settings.

I'll try and port it to my Evo LTE today and see if I get the same issues. I'll be porting from the i9300 tho (international s3)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Things that work-
    It boots.
    Proximity sensor.
    Rotation.
    Sound.
    Vibration.

Things that don't work-
    Phone/data/signal.
    Bluetooth.
    Softkey lights.
    Camera- See above ^^
    Probably more.

I also have a booting Sense based MIUI. It's 4.2.2 MIUI 4.1.17. If anyone is interested...

Oh man this looks extremely promising. Good thing I just got my DNA today coming off LG G2. Thanks Mister

What Z in here? Wow just wow
    glad to see another os developer, thank you for the efforts!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app