[Help] XT925 failed to flash partition

Search This thread

btrax

Hi!
I have some problem for reflash my XT925.
He's unlocked on the bootloader and was rooted. I installed the last official KK ROM (from xda thread about update on KK). But my clock was stuck on the 1st January of 1970 and no way to modify that.

So I wiped the phone with TWRP and after I try to reflash my moto.

And it doesn't work! If i use the file for updating from 4.1.2 to KK, I have ann error with :
Code:
tz file size
And if I use the Retail FR 4.1.2 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22
Code:
downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT

If I delete these two files the flash works but the phone doesn't boot :'(

So I think my partition was corrupted and this is why I can't boot.
So how I can repair that. Some people tried to flash the GPT file from partition_signed file but I don't know where is mine ^^

Regards

Protman_40

Jul 28, 2010
No need to repartition system.

Flash the Retail FR 4.1.2 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22 with RSDlite, then look for the OTA update.

If OTA update not available for your ROM, download the Edit.Blur_Version.98.21.22003.XT925.CEE-Retail.en.EU.zip which has the updater script included and flash it through your recovery.

btrax

No need to repartition system.

Flash the Retail FR 4.1.2 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22 with RSDlite, then look for the OTA update.

If OTA update not available for your ROM, download the Edit.Blur_Version.98.21.22003.XT925.CEE-Retail.en.EU.zip which has the updater script included and flash it through your recovery.
But it did'nt work when I try to reflash the partition (only the partition) it does'nt pass This is why I have this error
downgraded security version
update gpt_main version failed
preflash validation failed for GPT

I need to reflash the partition but I was in KK. SO it doesn't want to flash a previous version I think. I need a KK official ROM to re-partition.

btrax

At first :
1/ Flash 4.1.2 Upgradable from here http://xdaforums.com/droid-razr-hd/orig-development/tutorial-make-motorola-razr-hd-xt925-t2916465
2/Upgrade via OTA to KK
3/Bug appeared with the clock and the date (unable to change the date or the clock (i'm not alone https://forums.motorola.com/posts/2b9452ac6b?page=1) )
4/Decided to wipe all for a clean flash
5/Trying to flash with the Retail FR 4.1.2 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22
5/Flash Failed if I keep partition_signed (security downgrade)or tz file(wrong file size)
6/Flash Pass if I delete this lines in the xml but the phone won't start (bootloop)

Is it clear ? :D

hbenz2008

Jan 11, 2008
much better Btrax, i can see clearly now :)
i just had that clock isht stuck in 1970 yesterday man, i did troubleshoot it for an hour or so, but I couldn't get it to adjust itself. In addition, i was doing more stuff even opening the xt 925 physically .
So after all the things i tried, i disconnected the battery to make sure i dont short circuit anything, then tightened up cables .
Rebooted the thing, and it fired right up.
I don't know how comfortable you are with getting into the xt 925, however with guidance, you don't even need to disconnect the screen cables or nothing.
You have two screws in the bottom, then you can just pry it open , and sideloading some plastic tool to disconnect battery and back.
I wish i had a softer solution but , it is what it is man. I ll be glad to help if you go that route.
ps. put link to this post in the link you shared

Protman_40

Jul 28, 2010
Since you are in France, there is a new recent OTA KK official update : 180.46.117.XT925.CEE-Retail.en.EU.

If I were you I would go back to Step 1 and 2 and then try to grab this new update.

Seems like it corrects Free Carrier EAP SIM and other Google security issues. Hope it will correct your problem too?

btrax

Since you are in France, there is a new recent OTA KK official update : 180.46.117.XT925.CEE-Retail.en.EU.

If I were you I would go back to Step 1 and 2 and then try to grab this new update.

Seems like it corrects Free Carrier EAP SIM and other Google security issues. Hope it will correct your problem too?

In this update there is just je gpt file and no Tz file. so I need both I think because I flashe the GPT.bin file and after flash the Retail France ROM, but it didn't Work :/

So where i can find the tz file and gpt from canada?
My bootloader is unlocked so i can flash any official ROM

Last edited: