[APP]Root My Ouya (root without PC) (8/11/2013)

Search This thread

billouetaudrey

Aug 25, 2008
Hi, Anyone know why I need to wait a long time before see the first Supersu notification ?

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

marioluigi123

Mar 7, 2011
Mirror?

Anyone have a mirror for the APK?
The site isn't responding and Google failed me. :-/

I know I can use the Toolbox to get root, but I like the simploicity of an onboard app.

BenEadir

Jul 27, 2010
its working on the latest firmware?

Top 5 reasons to root your OUYA?

I literally just got my OUYA an hour ago so I'm tentative about messing with it this soon. I've been rooting and flashing ROMS onto my Android phones for a few years so am familiar with the process but I'm not familiar with what the benefits of rooting the OUYA would be??

Please convince me to root!!!

Ben

Phizer

Nov 21, 2008
I just bought my OUYA yesterday, and i want to root it. Will this method work for the latest update (1.0.9) Just wondering, I am pretty new to the whole android rooting scene. i dont wanna brick my OUYA.

jakmayhopher

Hey guys I haven't bought mine yet, but I was wondering what version of the play store will be loaded? Is it a full phone or tablet version or like the Google TV version that has barley anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

albertkinng

Jun 24, 2010
Sorry if I sound like a n00by.

Sideload means I need to install the apk from a SD or Thumbdrive USB? Or I can download it on the same browser and install it from Ouya downloads folder?

Also...

Can this will mess everything I already have in my Ouya?

Top Liked Posts