[Q] which Roms should I be using? rogers note 2

Search This thread

SockmanTGR

Apr 6, 2014
Which roms should I be using as it appears there is no rogers specific t0lte Roms. There is an att and a T-Mobile one (as well as a generic t0lte) I don't want to screw something up and I've found various answers on google(saying different things) and I trust the people on here so I figured I'd just ask here. (Sorry if this had been asked before search wasn't working)

emilgue

Oct 22, 2007
Vancouver
Which roms should I be using as it appears there is no rogers specific t0lte Roms. There is an att and a T-Mobile one (as well as a generic t0lte) I don't want to screw something up and I've found various answers on google(saying different things) and I trust the people on here so I figured I'd just ask here. (Sorry if this had been asked before search wasn't working)

most of the time the ATT version (i317) should work, but if you just want to be absolutely safe check whether it supports Rogers (i317M).

Reactions: SockmanTGR

SockmanTGR

Apr 6, 2014
Easy: all t0lte GSM/WCDMA/LTE ROMs are interchangeable. Modems and bootloaders are not.

I don't think CDMA (e.g. Verizon and Sprint) ROMs work out of the box but I haven't bothered checking.
Are modems not included in roms? And I didn't know bootloaders were changeable? (I may misunderstand what a bootloader is so feel free to explain)

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
Are modems not included in roms?
Maybe: When in doubt, check the ROM recovery zip installer or Odin tar archive.
And I didn't know bootloaders were changeable? (I may misunderstand what a bootloader is so feel free to explain)
They're upgradeable, but that's not something you would be playing with most of the time, if ever. You wouldn't normally encounter this on recovery flashable ROMs, maybe on Odin packages. Look up aboot, tz, param.img and SBL for more details.

Reactions: SockmanTGR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

most of the time the ATT version (i317) should work, but if you just want to be absolutely safe check whether it supports Rogers (i317M).
    Easy: all t0lte GSM/WCDMA/LTE ROMs are interchangeable. Modems and bootloaders are not.

I don't think CDMA (e.g. Verizon and Sprint) ROMs work out of the box but I haven't bothered checking.
    Are modems not included in roms?
    Maybe: When in doubt, check the ROM recovery zip installer or Odin tar archive.
    And I didn't know bootloaders were changeable? (I may misunderstand what a bootloader is so feel free to explain)
    They're upgradeable, but that's not something you would be playing with most of the time, if ever. You wouldn't normally encounter this on recovery flashable ROMs, maybe on Odin packages. Look up aboot, tz, param.img and SBL for more details.