[CM12.1/CM11] SoundFix Ultimate

Search This thread

marouane80

Apr 4, 2010
Hi everybody,

This mod will fix every sound issue (sound recorder, camcorder, audio playback...)

Flash works only on twrp recovery !
For official CM12.1 recovery don't flash ! just unzip and copy the files inside and set permissions.

Update : google voice command fixed
Everything works now perfectly !:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

marouane80

Apr 4, 2010
First of all, i don't have Z1. This is from my Z1 compact tweaks !

- There are a lot of modifications on : build.prop, media_profiles.xml and mixer_paths.xml

- Z1 (and of course Z1c) don't have stereo speaker or mic. I tweaked mixer_paths.xml and media_profiles.xml for this.

- FPS on video recorder was increased on media_profiles.xml

- CyanogenMod forgot to put a file called "audio_platform_info.xml" on the last build from aug.29 and there was some errors on audio_effects.xml that didn't match with soundfx and audio_policy.msm8974.so

That's all !

Last edited:
Reactions: luismedina

mo120697

Sep 17, 2014
Ludwigsburg
finally!!!!!

great, awesome:D i make party now..love you for doing this...every voice recording was so quiet until now...whatsapp voice memo was useless cause nobody was able to understand...
one single bug: in Cyanogenmod Version it shows only "11" and so the cm version which is installed get offered to update...so it wants me to update but it is the same version which is already installed..hope you understand what i mean..
but thats a little mistake ....
great mod!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

it also changed the build date...why? please fix:)

mo120697

Sep 17, 2014
Ludwigsburg
Edit

no it is simply perfect...your great mod!!! is causing many little problems... because of your edited build.prop...in landscape mode in youtube for example it shows no on screen buttons...only one circle of it but is has no function....also all the build updates were disturbed which was causing wrong update messages...
the simple solutin is to delete the build.prop in your audio fix zip file and flash the file.....but you have to reinstall google apps after flashing the zip without the build.prop...but now all is fine and thanks again for this mod!!
cant use cm until i found your mod

Brasstear

Dec 29, 2014
Hey guys. I'm no expert in modding and stuff - but I'm using CM11 for my Z1. Now I don't know how to install this sound fix. Some weeks earlier, I downloaded and installed the Z1 camera hotfix from the xda forums, but that was an .apk...
Would you guys please help me? Do I have to "simply" overwrite the files in that .zip?

BlAckXpeRia

Dec 22, 2013
Yambol
Hey guys. I'm no expert in modding and stuff - but I'm using CM11 for my Z1. Now I don't know how to install this sound fix. Some weeks earlier, I downloaded and installed the Z1 camera hotfix from the xda forums, but that was an .apk...
Would you guys please help me? Do I have to "simply" overwrite the files in that .zip?

You have to install it through recovery.Just like you installed cm11.Hope that helped. :D

Reactions: fantamadnesss

mo120697

Sep 17, 2014
Ludwigsburg
going to test it right now, to see if echo while calling is gone

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Well, right, I see! Apparently, too easy :D
Do you recommend to install that .zip after a full restore/reinstall (of cm11 nightly/snapshot and gapps) as third .zip only or may I allowed to install it right now?

you can install it whenever you want:)
but you have to reinstall it after every software update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody,

This mod will fix every sound issue (sound recorder, camcorder, audio playback...)

Flash works only on twrp recovery !
    For official CM12.1 recovery don't flash ! just unzip and copy the files inside and set permissions.

Update : google voice command fixed
    Everything works now perfectly !:fingers-crossed:
    thx for replying! unfortunately there seems to be no such thing on zr/dogo, the closest thing maybe /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x_fusion3 ??

there're also audio_effects.conf and audio_policy.conf...

I think it's the same hardware SoC as nexus 7 2013 LTE (nexus device is the base for devs) try to download these files from here http://www.cmxlog.com/11/deb/
    Test one by one and give me feedback
    Can you try this one ?
    I'm wondering something, the DPI has been changed? Trebuchet shows a lot more icons ion the app drawer, and the fonts seems to be smaller everywhere after this patch

yes, dpi = 440 you can change it on build.prop
    change this line :
    ro.sf.lcd_density=440 to 480

440 is optimal density for 5" size
    First of all, i don't have Z1. This is from my Z1 compact tweaks !

- There are a lot of modifications on : build.prop, media_profiles.xml and mixer_paths.xml

- Z1 (and of course Z1c) don't have stereo speaker or mic. I tweaked mixer_paths.xml and media_profiles.xml for this.

- FPS on video recorder was increased on media_profiles.xml

- CyanogenMod forgot to put a file called "audio_platform_info.xml" on the last build from aug.29 and there was some errors on audio_effects.xml that didn't match with soundfx and audio_policy.msm8974.so

That's all !
    So today I had time and went trough the changes in this FIX compared to what was coming with CM-12.1-20160325-NIGHTLY-honami.

Here's the config working properly for me:

build.prop : not deployed, kept original
    I see no reason to replace this file and last time I've replaced I had to delete data for google applications and reboot few times until my gmail app started to work again so I just simply leave it out. For me it doesn't look like audio related file anyway and the amount of changes are huge. Many of the changed info seem to be descriptors of the system and not the audio stack, so I kept the original one from CM.

audio_platform_info.xml : deployed as provided by marouane80
    This file was not included with CM, I've deployed it to my phone with no changes just to have it.

audio_policy.conf : deployed as provided by marouane80
    This file has very few changes, it added 32kHz sample rate were before there was 8k, 16k and 48k only before. I've deployed it to my phone instead of the one from CM.

media_profiles.xml : not deployed, kept original
    There are lot of changes in the file and those does not seem to be related to the audio levels, more like codecs and stuff, so I kept the original from CM as my goal was to mess the least possible with the system.

mixer_paths.xml : merged changes from marouane80 and CM
    This file defines the audio levels which I wanted to improve. I've did a line-by-line comparison of the original file from CM and the one from marouane80. I've noticed 3 kind of changes:
    a.) changes of audio levels
    b.) addition and removal of some paths
    c.) changes of ctls under some paths
    d.) removal of some explanatory comments
    I'm not comfortable with changing the mixer paths so I've only kept the changes of type a.) but not b.), c.) or d.).

Also I had to change the line
    Code:
    <ctl name="IIR1 INP1 Volume" value="80" />
    which in CM was
    Code:
    <ctl name="IIR1 INP1 Volume" value="51" />
    to
    Code:
    <ctl name="IIR1 INP1 Volume" value="60" />

After all this my phone does not have the issue described in my previous post any more, but I have proper sound levels in calls and recordings, although I may further tune some values later, for example others can hear me too loud when I switch to speakerphone, but generally it's good now.

I cannot find the option to attach files. Let me know if anyone needs my modified mixer_paths.xml which also includes comments about all changes compared to CM.