Jelly Bean 4.2.1 OTA

Search This thread

bplewis24

Mar 10, 2011
Sacramento
FYI, I just ran adb shell "e2fsck -n /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/userdata" and errors were found. I then ran adb shell "e2fsck -p /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/user" and it corrected the errors. Hopefully this doesn't upset anything else.

Where does the device need to be when running the adb shell command? I flashed a custom recovery and then unmounted the system. Do I stay in recovery and use the adb shell command or reboot into fastboot?

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
I know you were against that but in earlier posts, you found and corrected errors. IIRC, after that you updated by OTA. Now, by your post, you've found errors again??

The first time I did the error check I only checked system. This time I checked userdata and cache (which was clean). I believe there is still one more partition to check.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Where does the device need to be when running the adb shell command? I flashed a custom recovery and then unmounted the system. Do I stay in recovery and use the adb shell command or reboot into fastboot?

I ran the commands from within recovery.

Reactions: bplewis24

bplewis24

Mar 10, 2011
Sacramento

Didn't work for me. I had the same problems you did when trying to run the "-p" script. It couldn't fix the errors. Ended up having to use the new system image to do a "flashall" script from the ADB location. Sucks to have to set up the tablet again but it took the OTA no problem so alls well that ends well.

Brandon

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
Didn't work for me. I had the same problems you did when trying to run the "-p" script. It couldn't fix the errors. Ended up having to use the new system image to do a "flashall" script from the ADB location. Sucks to have to set up the tablet again but it took the OTA no problem so alls well that ends well.

Brandon

-p didn't fix the errors but -y did.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
-p didn't fix the errors but -y did.

-p: Automatically repair ("preen") the file system without any questions.

-y: Assume an answer of `yes' to all questions; allows e2fsck to be used non-interactively.

A "-p" from what it describes should fix problems without a y/n input but doesn't seem to work that way.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

The first time I did the error check I only checked system. This time I checked userdata and cache (which was clean). I believe there is still one more partition to check.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Partitions are:
/boot
/system
/recovery
/data or sometimes called userdata
/cache
/misc

xda6969

Jan 20, 2012
-p: Automatically repair ("preen") the file system without any questions.

-y: Assume an answer of `yes' to all questions; allows e2fsck to be used non-interactively.

A "-p" from what it describes should fix problems without a y/n input but doesn't seem to work that way.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Partitions are:
/boot
/system
/recovery
/data or sometimes called userdata
/cache
/misc

I think the only ones you can test are the partitions that get returned when you run adb shell mount | grep ext4. I don't have grep so I can't run this. On another note, userdata had corruption in it again. There must be an app that causes this.

dboftlp

Jan 5, 2010
Boston
twitter.com
took out the recovery stuff, this worked for me in twrp: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26643655/Android/update-manta-4.2.1-renzyyy.zip

screenshot:
Screenshot_2012-11-27-19-29-32.png

this worked for me (finally). big thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

D

Deleted member 1281511

so probably this should help?

If your bootloader is unlocked, you can unzip
image-mantaray-jop40c.zip and fastboot flash system system.img, which
won't erase your data.

Worked on my nexus 10 unlocked and rooted. Just had to recover my root using voodoo!
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solution for OTA 4.2.1 for broken 4.2

To anybody who has problem with OTA 4.2.1 after reflashing stock factory image 4.2, read this -

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!topic/android-building/s-qNo2fxeHY

Briefly - Nexus 10 factory image 4.2 was broken in EXT4 interpreter. Google issued today a NEW 4.2 factory image and you should reflash it first and proceed with OTA 4.2.1 after that in normal way (Jean-Baptiste Queru message).

Unfortunately, it is not indicated in Google's factory images webpage itself.

I just did that and it works fine now.
    took out the recovery stuff, this worked for me in twrp: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26643655/Android/update-manta-4.2.1-renzyyy.zip

screenshot:
    Screenshot_2012-11-27-19-29-32.png
    Can anyone who updated give me a copy of the build.prop??

Attached.
    Looking through the code... here are the differences I've see
    1. Fixed NumberPicker widget (December bug)
    2. Add notification vibrate pattern & fallback pattern (allow apps to overwrite pattern using VIBRATE permission)
    3. Updates to bluedroid bluetooth stack for bluetooth HID devices like gamepads
    Could you please consider my request above since you are online and haven't flashed yet? I thanks :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You can edit the updater-script found in the .zip and remove the assert lines that reference those two files. Save, copy it back to your tablet, and it should flash ok. That's what I did since I flashed the aosp browser.

Attached is the file I edited and flashed, it should work if you have flashed the AOSP browser. Original file posted by renzyyy, be sure to thank him. I just edited out the asserts for the BrowserProviderProxy files in the updater-script. Flashed fine for me in TWRP. This update will remove root, easiest to back it up using Voodoo OTA Root Keeper.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD