[Help] LG G2 Usb port not working

Search This thread

chonghua

Jan 30, 2012
City of Smiles
Hi, I need an advise or help regarding my G2's usb port.

Before it was not working, I connected my g2 to my Samsung flat tv to access my video for watch, but sadly it didn't recognized it.
Then I tried charging my g2 but the charging icon isn't showing up.
I tried also connect to laptop, yet no luck. same goes for an OTG cable.

May I know if my usb port is broken? Do anyone here knows how to fix this?

Thank you for reading this and future help that you can give soon.

Regards,
Chonghua

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
Hi, I need an advise or help regarding my G2's usb port.

Before it was not working, I connected my g2 to my Samsung flat tv to access my video for watch, but sadly it didn't recognized it.
Then I tried charging my g2 but the charging icon isn't showing up.
I tried also connect to laptop, yet no luck. same goes for an OTG cable.

May I know if my usb port is broken? Do anyone here knows how to fix this?

Thank you for reading this and future help that you can give soon.

Regards,
Chonghua

Did you drop it or fall in water or anything? Maybe the USB port got knocked loose, if that's the case you would have to take off backplate or manufacturer fix

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
No, I haven't drop it or fell into a water. I just plugged the usb cable from my g2 to my samsung tv, trying to access my videos and yet it didn't recognized my g2.

Man that's weird, I don't know maybe the port came loose inside and has to be reconnected or maybe a reset. Almost sounds like the TV shorted it but never heard of that happening

chonghua

Jan 30, 2012
City of Smiles
Man that's weird, I don't know maybe the port came loose inside and has to be reconnected or maybe a reset. Almost sounds like the TV shorted it but never heard of that happening

I think so, my TV shorted my usb port. I'm trying to reflash back to Jellybean stock to check if it will resolve.. It might be a kernel failure, do you think?

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
I think so, my TV shorted my usb port. I'm trying to reflash back to Jellybean stock to check if it will resolve.. It might be a kernel failure, do you think?

I don't think its a kernel failure, are your rooted with custom recovery?,if so just flash a different kernel, did the reset do anything?

To reset hardware press VOL DOWN + POWER together until lg logo appears the house reset and use power key to select, this has to be down when phone is off also....there's also a soft reset and that can be done through settings

Last edited:

Daskal54

Jan 11, 2016
I have a simular problem my lg g2 d802 was bricked i fix it now i can enter recovery and download mode but when i plug in to pc it like i have nothing pluged in eny solutions??